Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

As much as I like Barton, I'm not sure I believe in players who's time is limited having a pivotal role within the squad. If he won't sign a new contract/or the club won't offer him one - he should be sold or start the season as a substitute.

Guest Hong Kong Phooey

Barton's difficult to manage now, he will be impossible to manage if he stays this season. Already making daft comments in public.

Not sure which clubs are going to be interested in him this time next year tbh. He'll be almost 30, carrying loads of baggage from his past, bit outspoken and with a reputation as a bit of a handful to manage.

Can't see them queueing around the block to throw cash at you Joey.

If the season started right now would Barton even start?  Jonas on the left, Marveaux on the right, Ben Arfa in the hole with Tiote and Cabaye behind.  Realistically Barton could back up all except for Jonas and Ben Arfa and I'm sure he'd get into a fair amount of games but if I'm on the last year of a deal and looking for one more big payday I wouldn't be happy being on the bench to start most games.

If the season started right now would Barton even start?  Jonas on the left, Marveaux on the right, Ben Arfa in the hole with Tiote and Cabaye behind.  Realistically Barton could back up all except for Jonas and Ben Arfa and I'm sure he'd get into a fair amount of games but if I'm on the last year of a deal and looking for one more big payday I wouldn't be happy being on the bench to start most games.

I'd pick him on the right ahead of some untested left winger like.

If the season started today I'd go:

Tiote

Barton             Cabaye             

Ben Arfa              Jonas

Ba

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think Barton would play ahead of either Jonas or Marveaux.

I don't

Pardews emphasis was pace and movement. Not joeys forte

As much as I like Barton, I'm not sure I believe in players who's time is limited having a pivotal role within the squad. If he won't sign a new contract/or the club won't offer him one - he should be sold or start the season as a substitute.

That doesn't make any sense. He's under contract for 2011-12. If he's one of the best 11 then the club would be punishing itself by starting him as a substitute. What would be the point?

If they can't agree on a contract that's fine, it happens all the time. He's an aging player on a big contract who just came off a good season. You can see why he would want an extension and the same or more wage. Conversely, he's not likely to get any better and has been a disappointment for most of his time here so you could see why the club would either want to sell him or have him see out his deal and move on.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Can't really see Barton in Pardew's first choice eleven come start of the season. More focus on pace and fluidity.

If the season started right now would Barton even start?  Jonas on the left, Marveaux on the right, Ben Arfa in the hole with Tiote and Cabaye behind.  Realistically Barton could back up all except for Jonas and Ben Arfa and I'm sure he'd get into a fair amount of games but if I'm on the last year of a deal and looking for one more big payday I wouldn't be happy being on the bench to start most games.

I'd pick him on the right ahead of some untested left winger like.

If the season started today I'd go:

Tiote

Barton              Cabaye              

Ben Arfa              Jonas

Ba

Exactly how i'd go, I even made a daft image on some formation creator site which seems incredibly pointless now :lol:

Guest johnson293

@Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Why do people take what is put in newspapers as gospel......hope you understand this....."I don't want to leave Newcastle" #bosmanruling

1 minute ago

Once again Barton doesn't seem to know when to stop typing what's in his head... that hashtag is unnecessary, In my opinion...much like the one last week about him, Jose and Jonas.

People seem to forget that there were plenty of times Barton was our best player irrespective of the assists stats etc. If one of the new players proves to be better then fine but as things stand he's still a starter IMO.

People seem to forget that there were plenty of times Barton was our best player irrespective of the assists stats etc. If one of the new players proves to be better then fine but as things stand he's still a starter IMO.

Yup, this plus we need some continuity and I don't think we can do better in the transfer market for what we'll get for him  as a replacement.

Barton and Cabaye threading the balls through is what i'm dreaming of like, take Barton out and I can see 4 erratic forwards running about the pitch like nut cases.

This as well.