Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I wouldn't want a loud mouth who now has nothing left to loose training with the full squad

Exactly.. he has brought this on himself and as he is still intent on using twitter to air his views it just shows how little care about the damage he does.

It would seem this has more to do with his attitude in the dressing room and him thinking he has the right to demand a say on team tactics and squad selection.  As was the way with Nolan under Hughton, big headed self important players, who in the end can not be good for the moral of the team.

Would Fergie allow that kind of player at Man U ? not a chance.

Jose was only fined as he spoke out on twitter, I think Joey was on hid way before he started his tweets on Sunday.

Roy Keane, the guy who publicly demanded that the club apologise for what they said to the fans about his renewed contract.  Ferguson didn't force him out when Keane attacked the fans at Old Trafford... oh and not forgetting always, always slagging off his team mates when the team went through a loss of form! 

Yup but Keane was 10x the player Joey is but I bet he never screamed like a c*** at Fergie in the dressing room infront of the squad. Fergie still got shot of him.

I bet you he did lol Fergie wished him well and gave him a testimonial hardly the signs of someone he had to get rid of someone. But then fergie knows how to manage and man manage players.

Latest Twitter update:

Joey7Barton

"Made to train alone today, how predictable........."

Oh dear.

I think a lot worse has gone on than we know about or are going to find out about. None of the sources on either side can really be trusted to tell the truth when we do hear their point of view anyway, but the decision to treat a player like this isn't made because of a few minor misdemeanours.

I'm sorry, but that's absolutely pathetic.

Damaging for the morale of the entire team, watching their sometimes Captain made to train alone.

Disgusting.

do you believe barton is whiter than white in this?

Well considering a lot of the other twitter users in the team publicly backed him in this, suggests they don't find him the main antagonist

That reply is far to sensible. People need to find ways to justify the idea that Bartons turned into an animal again, so that they can delude themselves about our club actually being run really well as it'll make them feel a bit better.

He spoke out on twitter, following Enrique? Forget Enrique, Bartons going to ruin morale !!

He was supposedly annoyed during a match we poor in v Leeds? There are definately no alternative responses if true, other than making him train alone. Pardew could not talk to him about it, he could not be fined, the situation could not be calmed in anyway using communication. No, we need punishment & to expand the situation further.

Its complete stupidity.

I wouldn't want a loud mouth who now has nothing left to loose training with the full squad

Exactly.. he has brought this on himself and as he is still intent on using twitter to air his views it just shows how little care about the damage he does.

It would seem this has more to do with his attitude in the dressing room and him thinking he has the right to demand a say on team tactics and squad selection.  As was the way with Nolan under Hughton, big headed self important players, who in the end can not be good for the moral of the team.

Jose was only fined as he spoke out on twitter, I think Joey was on hid way before he started his tweets on Sunday.

Roy Keane, the guy who publicly demanded that the club apologise for what they said to the fans about his renewed contract.  Ferguson didn't force him out when Keane attacked the fans at Old Trafford... oh and not forgetting always, always slagging off his team mates when the team went through a loss of form! 

Yup but Keane was 10x the player Joey is but I bet he never screamed like a c*** at Fergie in the dressing room infront of the squad. Fergie still got shot of him.

Unless i am forgetting you said 'Would Fergie allow that kind of player at Man U ? not a chance.', nothing about ability, and now you openly admit that he did in fact put up with that 'kind of player', so your point is completely worthless. 

Even if we was to bring ability into the equation ... Keane was arguably Manchester United's best player, as was Barton last year here.  It's all relative.

I am not convinced the squad will be bothered, maybe really they are breathing a sigh of relief, if he really that popular with the others?

The fact members of the squad said he would be one of the players who could talk for them to managers and the board suggests yes. Along with Nolan, Harper and Alan Smith. Strange that all seem to be disappearing.

Guest bimpy474

I think the point now is, he's going as the club want him out, whether he forced it or they forced him is pretty much mute.

He cant keep his mouth quiet, whatever the rights and wrongs of it all now, he is still stamping his feet and acting up, why cant he just shut up, the more he keeps on the worse it makes the club look from the outside in.

If he loves this club he would just stop, he wont because is own self importance outweighs whatever common sense the lad has.

Guest cr4igora

Would Fergie allow that kind of player at Man U ? not a chance. Jose was only fined as he spoke out on twitter, I think Joey was on hid way before he started his tweets on Sunday.

The guy who was sent home from Ireland's World Cup squad?

All the people saying its ok because we've got Cabaye has got to think how Cabayes going to feel if we dont invest in some new players as told to him when signing. If he has a good season and we underchieve he'll be wanting away and you cant blame him.

I might be even more damaging to let him train with them TBH. I don't know either way, but it's certainly possible.

I am not convinced the squad will be bothered, maybe really they are breathing a sigh of relief, if he really that popular with the others?

What are the basis for these posts, other than pure hope that we are not dealing with this situation in an awful manner?

All the people saying its ok because we've got Cabaye has got to think how Cabayes going to feel if we dont invest in some new players as told to him when signing. If he has a good season and we underchieve he'll be wanting away and you cant blame him.

They play in different positons anyway. As things stand, we have no right midfielder going into the new season and have let/letting 3 go, with no sign of replacing them.

Guest cr4igora
People need to find ways to justify the idea that Bartons turned into an animal again, so that they can delude themselves about our club actually being run really well as it'll make them feel a bit better. He spoke out on twitter, following Enrique? Forget Enrique, Bartons going to ruin morale !!

He was supposedly annoyed during a match we poor in v Leeds? There are definately no alternative responses if true, other than making him train alone. Pardew could not talk to him about it, he could not be fined, the situation could not be calmed in anyway using communication. No, we need punishment & to expand the situation further.

People who don't agree with what Barton has done are NOT CLAIMING THE CLUB IS BEING RUN WELL FFS!! That's nonsense. I don't like who runs our club, I don't like the LARGE majority of the decisions that have been made and I hate the lies we are fed. In this instance however, I believe we have done the right thing. It's just a shame we won't get a fee for him when he leaves.

I guess what Fergie would or would not have done does not really matter.. whats done here is done, joey has made his bed, my concern is not so much losing Joey but being another squad member down.

If he cared he would not still be tweeting, maybe he should be trying to put things right, is he doing that? no he is not and in my opinion that is because he has got exactly what he wanted.

To let him anywhere near the squad now would be utterly pointless, he is bound to try and cause as much unrest as he can,. I am more interested is backing the players we have thats all that matters now.

I might be even more damaging to let him train with them TBH. I don't know either way, but it's certainly possible.

What are the basis for these posts, other than pure hope that we are not dealing with this situation in an awful manner?

The basis for mine is that he's quite an unstable and outspoken character, who is now unhappy at the club. Therefore he might well unsettle our players more by training with them than by being made to train alone.

If I was R Kelly and could turn back the hands of time, I would just fine Joey and try to move on, but that's not the situation.

Look, whats done is done. 

He needs to be moved on ASAP.

End of.

agreed as the situation carries on its damned if you do damned if you dont the best answer is for him to leave as soon as possible there is no right and wrong way of dealing with this now.

Good or not good, he's still an idiot and the club made the correct decision. And I think many other clubs would have done exactly the same.

It's a shit decision. The situation wouldn't come up in most other clubs. You can thank Ashley & co for that.

Latest Twitter update:

Joey7Barton

"Made to train alone today, how predictable........."

Oh dear.

I think a lot worse has gone on than we know about or are going to find out about. None of the sources on either side can really be trusted to tell the truth when we do hear their point of view anyway, but the decision to treat a player like this isn't made because of a few minor misdemeanours.

I'm sorry, but that's absolutely pathetic.

Damaging for the morale of the entire team, watching their sometimes Captain made to train alone.

Disgusting.

do you believe barton is whiter than white in this?

Well considering a lot of the other twitter users in the team publicly backed him in this, suggests they don't find him the main antagonist

That reply is far to sensible. People need to find ways to justify the idea that Bartons turned into an animal again, so that they can delude themselves about our club actually being run really well as it'll make them feel a bit better.

He spoke out on twitter, following Enrique? Forget Enrique, Bartons going to ruin morale !!

Its complete stupidity.

In some fans cases here i personally believe they don't want to hear anything bad about the club, they want to keep this idea in their head that everything is fine and the players are happy and proud to be here!

So in the case when a player speaks out it is then the very defensive attitude of  'oh X is doing this just for his own greed/ego.  He should leave and not piss out the rest'.

I can personally understand it, the fact that this isn't an isolated incident makes it difficult to buy that JB is unsupported by the rest of the team

:jesuswept:

You should write novels, you have one hell of an imagination.

I guess what Fergie would or would not have done does not really matter.. whats done here is done, joey has made his bed, my concern is not so much losing Joey but being another squad member down.

If he cared he would not still be tweeting, maybe he should be trying to put things right, is he doing that? no he is not and in my opinion that is because he has got exactly what he wanted.

To let him anywhere near the squad now would be utterly pointless, he is bound to try and cause as much unrest as he can,. I am more interested is backing the players we have thats all that matters now.

What benefit has to had to any of the players keeping quiet about how bad things have been since Ashley took over ? There comes a point when people think they have to do something to force some sort of change. Not just for the good of themselves but also for the good of the team.

Good or not good, he's still an idiot and the club made the correct decision. And I think many other clubs would have done exactly the same.

It's a shit decision. The situation wouldn't come up in most other clubs. You can thank Ashley & co for that.

True, but Joey Barton isn't most players either.

Guest andyburn

To let him go for free?  If your car or pc was playing up and still had value, would you just chuck it outside for someone to pick up and use? No you wouldn't.  And if you would then you are as big an "idiot" as Barton.