Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest bimpy474

If he wanted security and to be settled, why would he uproot himself to London after 4 years in the North East?

Because as it stands he isn't getting a new contract so he will have to do that anyway after 5 years, his two choices are move now on a 5 year contract with someone else, or stay and hope for a new contract here, with Ashley in charge that isn't happening, he doesn't really have a choice tbf.

Or stay for that year on his current generous contract (something he is contracted to do), then get that 5 year contract with someone else.

That's my point though, he can only get a contract with someone else next season if he doesn't have a career-ending injury before then. Why should he wait? He has the chance to secure his future now.

Fine, you've justified his reason for breaking his contract and buggering off. Don't expect me to be happy with him for that though.

He hasn't broke it though really has he, the club want him out, if they didn't he wouldn't be allowed to speak to Q.P.R, he is partly to blame with his twitter and behaviour but ultimately it the clubs call.

Why don't the feckers running (ruining?) us realize that by selling (or giving away) first, we advertise our desperation to potential selling clubs? Are they truly this clueless? If we kept the players we plan to sell until a replacement was in the bag, we'd have some leverage. Now clubs know what we need and how much we have and have us ower a barrel as we flounder around trying to buy their players who they don't really want to sell. Is Ashley really this thick? The Supply and Demand class at Business college must have passed the fat idiot by.

/brokenrecord

Guest sicko2ndbest

Could live with it if we're were getting 3/4 mill for him. But going for nothing is a joke.

Yep. Would be better to get new showers at the training ground with those 3 millions like.

If you're trying to sell a house, what do you do

Make home improvements

or

pay more housekkeping to your missus who gives you nothing but greef!

:)

That makes no sense

Yep. :lol:

Sorry in laymans

If you are trying to sell the club what do you do

Make the ground, training facilities better

or

Keep a player that gives you nothing but trouble

Nothing but trouble? Hilarious.

Think about it from Ashleys point of view

Goes to prison,

gets sent off and rows with the manager in the last few games of the relegation season

speaks out in public against you

tweets absolute bollocks which puts NUFC in a bad light

Oh yeah i see why thats so funny!

Could live with it if we're were getting 3/4 mill for him. But going for nothing is a joke.

How can it be a joke when even on a free only clubs like QPR and West Ham are the only ones to show interest? Did you even think this through?

Don't give a toss if only QPR and West Ham are the only one's interested. I'm pissed off we're losing a key player on the pitch and in the dressing room for jack shit.

The only reason the 'bigger clubs' aren't in for him are do to with off the field stuff nowt to do with him as a player.

The  fact you can't see that shows who isn't thinking.

Yep. Would be better to get new showers at the training ground with those 3 millions like.

If you're trying to sell a house, what do you do

Make home improvements

or

pay more housekkeping to your missus who gives you nothing but greef!

:)

That makes no sense

Yep. :lol:

Sorry in laymans

If you are trying to sell the club what do you do

Make the ground, training facilities better

or

Keep a player that gives you nothing but trouble

Nothing but trouble? Hilarious.

Think about it from Ashleys point of view

Goes to prison,

gets sent off and rows with the manager in the last few games of the relegation season

speaks out in public against you

tweets absolute bollocks which puts NUFC in a bad light

Oh yeah i see why thats so funny!

I agree with the first two points but, those times are gone, we all know that.

Speaks out in public against you? Tweets absolute bollocks which puts NUFC in a bad light? Well, Ashley could change that by running this football club like it should be run.

How can it be a joke when even on a free only clubs like QPR and West Ham are the only ones to show interest? Did you even think this through?

Don't give a toss if only QPR and West Ham are the only one's interested. I'm p*ssed off we're losing a key player on the pitch and in the dressing room for jack s***.

The only reason the 'bigger clubs' aren't in for him are do to with off the field stuff nowt to do with him as a player.

The  fact you can't see that shows who isn't thinking.

Agree totally but the lack of fee is the last concern here, since we all know fine well any fee wouldn't get re-invested anyway. The issue here is their pathetic, snails pace player recruitment efforts. They'd embarrass a Championship outfit, never mind a getting re-established premier league team.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Saying Barton has been "nothing but trouble" is pretty hysterical tbf

One good season

2/3 others full of controversy

?

If he wanted security and to be settled, why would he uproot himself to London after 4 years in the North East?

Because as it stands he isn't getting a new contract so he will have to do that anyway after 5 years, his two choices are move now on a 5 year contract with someone else, or stay and hope for a new contract here, with Ashley in charge that isn't happening, he doesn't really have a choice tbf.

Or stay for that year on his current generous contract (something he is contracted to do), then get that 5 year contract with someone else.

That's my point though, he can only get a contract with someone else next season if he doesn't have a career-ending injury before then. Why should he wait? He has the chance to secure his future now.

Fine, you've justified his reason for breaking his contract and buggering off. Don't expect me to be happy with him for that though.

He hasn't broke it though really has he, the club want him out, if they didn't he wouldn't be allowed to speak to Q.P.R, he is partly to blame with his twitter and behaviour but ultimately it the clubs call.

He said before he was listed that he'd refuse to be sold, and that he'd only go on a free or see out his contract.

What the club was foolish for bearing that in mind was ultimately to give him exactly what he wanted (though if he continued down the path he was taking on twitter I'm not sure they had much choice).

After all the bluster about top clubs, moving to QPR is hilarious, but hardly surpising.

Guest ykmkmdd

Barton in London now with SSN cameras and David Craig

Why is David Craig and SSN cameras with him anyway?

Probably because he's an attention whore.

One good season

?

The first season (07/08) he was pretty decent as well. Played well at the start after his injury and ended it well under KK.

Of course, the next season he was shit, everyone was, though.

In the CCC season, he was injured, nothing controvers about that.

Last season, we don't need to talk about.

Not exactly his fault for being injured quite a lot.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Barton in London now with SSN cameras and David Craig

Why is David Craig and SSN cameras with him anyway?

Seriously!

They are the 2 biggest media whores going

Add the cameras you may as well cancel everything else on SSN for the next couple of days

Time to stick a one million or two million price tag on methinks. Just enough for spite and not enough to stop it if this is what's going to happen.

And if he goes there, it tells you all you need to know about "best English midfielder" and "top 4 interest". I wonder which division him and Nolan will be playing in next season. I wouldn't bet on it being the top one.

One good season

?

The first season (07/08) he was pretty decent as well. Played well at the start after his injury and ended it well under KK.

Of course, the next season he was s***, everyone was, though.

In the CCC season, he was injured, nothing controvers about that.

Last season, we don't need to talk about.

Not exactly his fault for being injured quite a lot.

O0 always give his all when he's on the pitch

Guest sicko2ndbest

Time to stick a one million or two million price tag on methinks. Just enough for spite and not enough to stop it if this is what's going to happen.

And if he goes there, it tells you all you need to know about "best English midfielder" and "top 4 interest". I wonder which division him and Nolan will be playing in next season. I wouldn't bet on it being the top one.

Nothing would suprise me

Haha, probably they both won't be playing in the same league as us come next August.

Haha, probably they both won't be playing in the same league as us come next August.

Oh come on, we're not going to get relegated :nile:

One good season

?

a few months controversy, not 2 or 3 years like. Over the past couple of seasons he's hardly put a foot wrong, other than a few daft tweets which he was rightfully fined for.

Guest bimpy474

He said before he was listed that he'd refuse to be sold, and that he'd only go on a free or see out his contract. What the club was foolish for, was ultimately to give him exactly what he wanted (though if he continued down the path he was taking on twitter I'm not sure they had much choice).

After all the bluster about top clubs, moving to QPR is hilarious, but hardly surpising.

That maybe behind his decision, there has not exactly been a stampeed for him from the so called Champions Leagues clubs mr pro bullshitter Mckay was on about.

Whether he likes it or not, the better clubs will shy away from him because of his past, and present to an extent.

I'm staying until the end of the season or 100 grand a week at Q.P.R(if true), not that i think money is the main reason he is off, cant hurt though.