Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

If Barton moves to QPR, he is just as bad as Nolan. Moaning on about lack of ambition then showing a complete lack of ambition themselves.

I am sure someone will argue how West Ham and QPR are showing ambition offering ridiculous contracts.

Completely different situation with Nolan. Nolan was captain, could have stayed.

Barton is almost forced out by this fucking boardroom.

Guest bimpy474

David Craig isn't convinced Joey wants to leave.

Shock

He loves it here and the fans, including me, love him to.

He has burned his bridges and has no future past this season as the owner hates him

What can he do?

Yep sums it up mate.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If Barton moves to QPR, he is just as bad as Nolan. Moaning on about lack of ambition then showing a complete lack of ambition themselves.

I am sure someone will argue how West Ham and QPR are showing ambition offering ridiculous contracts.

I understand the point. And ith all things equal this would be the case

however

When the sums of money involved are completely contrasting (NUFC low - WH/QPR high) there really isnt a decision to make.

Personal and financial security to live the life they want to lead comes first

Really

Carries to much baggage, that is why he left man city, hasn't been near the England squad even when in good form, and one of the reasons no top club is in for him. QPR is the only club to show an interest which sums the situation up. Good player with a lot of baggage who is replacable.

His baggage is hardly a burden on us now though. And we'll not replace him on a free thats for sure.

Really so his Twitter statements aren't an issue then? Or the controversy in the arsenal game where his actions got the club fined?

If he does sign for them I am really looking forward to his tweets regarding our club

His twitter statements were hardly damaging to the club, Mike Ashley's stupid idea of transfer listing him for free however is. And the club was fined (did we win the appeal or not?) because other players got involved, not because Joey Barton picked a player up by his shirt.

It's a bit shady when folk are slamming him for a yellow card offence during a game like.

That last bit is only your opinion. Graham poll said he would have sent him off for it. Is he shady too then?

he's fucking free listed by the club ffs

however

When the sums of money involved are completely contrasting (NUFC low - WH/QPR high) there really isnt a decision to make.

Barton and Nolan could retire tomorrow and both be financially secure forever.

Guest bimpy474

So a stunt then? Oh please let it be.

Dont think so, Craig reckon that Joey said he has to see the offer from Q.P.R as he doesn't know what his future is here, the bit about not wanting to leave was along with his family being very settled in the North East.

If we offered him a contract i reckon he would sign it, its so simple but Ashley wont be having it.

Forced out? I must have imagined him playing in our last two games. If he was being forced out he wouldn't have even made the bench.

He knows if he wants to, he can stay and play for at least one more season. If he goes to QPR It's about money and money only.

Really

Carries to much baggage, that is why he left man city, hasn't been near the England squad even when in good form, and one of the reasons no top club is in for him. QPR is the only club to show an interest which sums the situation up. Good player with a lot of baggage who is replacable.

His baggage is hardly a burden on us now though. And we'll not replace him on a free thats for sure.

Really so his Twitter statements aren't an issue then? Or the controversy in the arsenal game where his actions got the club fined?

If he does sign for them I am really looking forward to his tweets regarding our club

His twitter statements were hardly damaging to the club, Mike Ashley's stupid idea of transfer listing him for free however is. And the club was fined (did we win the appeal or not?) because other players got involved, not because Joey Barton picked a player up by his shirt.

It's a bit shady when folk are slamming him for a yellow card offence during a game like.

That last bit is only your opinion. Graham poll said he would have sent him off for it. Is he shady too then?

It was also the opinion of the officials who officiated the game too, which counts more than the views of some retired referee who cannot count.

Really

No, but he's an attention seeking media whore and a shit ref to boot.  I also remember from numerous Setanta games, he hates Joey Barton.

Forced out? I must have imagined him playing in our last two games. If he was being forced out he wouldn't have even made the bench.

He knows if he wants to, he can stay and play for at least one more season. If he goes to QPR It's about money and money only.

Yeah. But the difference to Kevin Nolan's situation as it was here is still wider than the Tyne.

People talking about replacements :lol: What do you think Overtanned was?

A striker / winger who has played more on the left hand side. Wasn't it barnetta who was said to be barons replacement earlier in the summer?

Guest bimpy474

I don't think anyone is convinced he wants to leave.  Fat Ash and Llambias are ruthless and Joey has a massive ego, sadly I could never see a compromise  :weep:

Yep :)

Guest sicko2ndbest

however

Barton and Nolan could retire tomorrow and both be financially secure forever.

They have a financial/life plan that requires them to earn as much as possible before they retire 33/34

They will have massive outgoings

Dont be so naive

It is on a different level to what you or me can comprihend

It's got nothing to do with ambition and everything to do with crazy insane owners who can't deal with personalities stronger than them existing within the club.

Barton and Nolan were both offered new contracts though. Either the owners realised Nolan and Barton were valuable first-team players and offered them extensions deemed financially suitable for the club given their ages or they were derisory, token offers designed to show the fans that they tried, but Nolan and Barton asked for too much. Until the details of the contracts that were offered to Kevin and Joey in January are known for definite then it's anyone's guess where the blame lies. Although, given that talks with Simpson have supposedly broken down, I'm slightly inclined to go with the latter..