Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Notice how Pardew rubbed his nose before he answered - typical body language of a liar.

Beresford nailed it for me in his summing up of Bartons role in our team, fucking scandalous that we're driving him out.

What did he say after the tell-tale nose rub?

FWIW Barton would probably have been rested tonight anyway. Not that it matters.

Notice how Pardew rubbed his nose before he answered - typical body language of a liar.

Beresford nailed it for me in his summing up of Bartons role in our team, f***ing scandalous that we're driving him out.

Utter bollocks

have you never watched Lie to me with Tim Roth??? Pardew's kegs were smoking man.

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Alan Pardew said he was "100%" behind a Barton return - surely echoed by most Toon fans? #nufc

1 minute ago

:thup:

Unfortunately, Pardew will do f*** all to fight for Barton.

Guest bimpy474

Beresford nailed it for me in his summing up of Bartons role in our team, f***ing scandalous that we're driving him out.

Utter bollocks

have you never watched Lie to me with Tim Roth??? Pardew's kegs were smoking man.

Of course, its a great show, (Monica Raymund is one of the best looking birds i've seen in a while) but it has also been proven that there are no facial signs when someone lies, its utter nonsense, looks good on a tv show though.

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Alan Pardew said he was "100%" behind a Barton return - surely echoed by most Toon fans? #nufc

1 minute ago

Pardew is starting to show the colours of the manager at West Ham who didn't know how to incorporate Tevez and Mascherano. The new French additions seem to have him non-plussed so sticking with the tried and tested in Joey will be right up his alley.

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

1 minute ago

Pardew is starting to show the colours of the manager at West Ham who didn't know how to incorporate Tevez and Mascherano. The new French additions seem to have him non-plussed so sticking with the tried and tested in Joey will be right up his alley.

Wow, that's a bit of crazy logic. He's just saying that he wants an important player to stay, no idea how you drew that conclusion .

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

1 minute ago

Wow, that's a bit of crazy logic. He's just saying that he wants an important player to stay, no idea how you drew that conclusion .

If he was that important we wouldn't have given him a free transfer. What I'm saying I guess is that Pardew seems confused about what sort of football he wants to play. It looks like he'd prefer to play direct football with player he knows but he's having to work with French footballers who don't know the system. Similar to when Tevez and Mascherano were thrust on him at West Ham.

So far we've played Arsenal, Sunderland away and Scunthorpe away.  None of those games are conducive to playing good Football (you don't try to outplay Arsenal unless you want a kicking and the other two are going to be scrappy games).  I wouldn't judge the kind of Football we want to play just yet.

So far we've played Arsenal, Sunderland away and Scunthorpe away.  None of those games are conducive to playing good Football (you don't try to outplay Arsenal unless you want a kicking and the other two are going to be scrappy games).  I wouldn't judge the kind of Football we want to play just yet.

Good football is good football. You shouldn't have to rely on the opposition to allow you to play it. How does instructing your goalkeeper to hoof the ball 70 yds upfield help exploit the inferior oppositon's technical weaknesses?

Would be immense if Barton returned, a real two fingers up to Ashley and co and a huge boost for the side. but then -  substantial pay-rise and long-term contract security playing for a side that is looking to invest in players - as opposed to coming back to a team who banished you from training, wanted nowt to do with you and wanted you gone on a free. the tough bit is that, at the end of the day, he'd be playing for shitty QPR at smelly, ramshackle loftus road, instead of for a big team.

I don't think that's so much about exploiting the opposition as playing it safe against certain opposition.  You don't try to play pretty Football from the back against teams that are closing you down at every turn and jumping into tackles against you unless you're: A Barca or B: want to lose the game.

If we play a team similar or inferior to us who try to play Football and we still played long ball then I've be worried.  Lets see how we handle Fulham, at home we should always be looking to play good Football against a team like that.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Joey is a mighty king, a shogun warrior who's roar send the tigers fleeing.

He must return although slightly crestfallen, the warrior will still dance with the sun, he will still be kissed by it's golden glow/

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

At the end of the day if he stays another season and runs down his current deal he'll still get a contract from someone if we don't play ball.

So what has he got to loose he likes it up here so why go?

Can see him doing the sum total of 'absolutely fuck all' at QPR, and ending up back in the Championship again with them. Warnock will play him centrally in a 4-4-2 and realise what a bad signing it will have been for them.

Wish he'd just stay. :(

I haven't watched QPR in the premiership yet but i doubt they will play 4-4-2 due to Taarabt.

Jay Bothroyd and DJ Campbell upfront I think.

I haven't watched QPR in the premiership yet but i doubt they will play 4-4-2 due to Taarabt.

Jay Bothroyd and DJ Campbell upfront I think.

A diamond I'd imagine. Which suits Barton fine imo. He can play on the left or right of the 2, as proved when he played there under Keegan.

Guest icemanblue

Joey is a mighty king, a shogun warrior who's roar send the tigers fleeing.

He must return although slightly crestfallen, the warrior will still dance with the sun, he will still be kissed by it's golden glow/

Love this. :lol: