Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

At the start of that interview he claims he wasn't paid then about 2 minutes later he says they had to sack him or keep him on the money he was on.

So he was paid?

I think he meant after he got out.

He is a typical woe is me scouser though (no offence wacko and you other lovely scousers), made it sound like being in prison was some sort of hardship he had to live with and not being paid his £67k a week was just something he would have to survive. Also it was his 'principles' that made him think "fuck it, they aren't getting out of paying me my meagre wage!" aye principles Joey :lol:

Yeh I actually don't mind Barton and we all know Ashley's flaws but he's going on like he was the victim in all that saga.

Joey needs to remember that apart from our first season back up he was mainly useless for us and was nothing but bad press. I did enjoy his attitude when we were promoted mind but it's a pity he never portrayed that throughout his Newcastle career.

Had one good season with us. Spent the rest of the time injured, banned or in prison but still plays the victim.

If that one good season was at the start of his career here most would hate him imo, he was just lucky it was just before he left.

Guest Bert Shaft

I don't necessarily disagree with him on this tbh, it smacks of Ashley and Co trying to steamroller and do things their way, and he didn't have it, I wouldn't have either tbh.

+1

Sniggering at the "Bartons from Liverpool so he must be playing the victim" merchants on here.

Guest Bert Shaft

Yet more evidence of Ashley trying to bully people and trying his heavy handed tactics on people.  We'll never go anywhere while this bloke is at the club.

:snod:

Yet more evidence of Ashley trying to bully people and trying his heavy handed tactics on people.  We'll never go anywhere while this bloke is at the club.

as regards the contract when he was inside ,aye, as for the rest it's joeys spin, the players committee and bonus sheet stuff being particularly laughable.

as regards the contract when he was inside ,aye, as for the rest it's joeys spin, the players committee and bonus sheet stuff being particularly laughable.

Maybe so, theres to many people now are saying the same things.

Yeah I thought the bonus thing got sorted out eventually? Could be my memory playing tricks but I'm sure I heard about a story where all of the agents were spoken to and it got signed off?  ???