Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Swap deal with Villa for Ireland perhaps?

Ugh. Would be a terrible deal.

Why?

Barton is a way safer card. At times outstanding for us this season. Ireland on the other hand - injury prone and unstabile as fuck.

Since Barton's been here he's managed 79 league games in 4 years, spent time in jail and admitted being an alcoholic.

Stephen Ireland lied about his gran dying and has suffered with injuries in the later part of this season, he's also 4 years younger.

How is Barton the safer card?

Why?

Barton is a way safer card. At times outstanding for us this season. Ireland on the other hand - injury prone and unstabile as fuck.

Since Barton's been here he's managed 79 league games in 4 years, spent time in jail and admitted being an alcoholic.

Stephen Ireland lied about his gran dying and has suffered with injuries in the later part of this season, he's also 4 years younger.

Barton has stopped drinking so he won't end up in jail again and isn't an alcoholic anymore.

He's been very unlucky with his injuries as well. It wasn't a case of missing many games because of 'Michael Owen hamstrings'.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/03/14/pardew-barton-can-fulfil-dreams-at-united-72703-28331208/

Pardew told the Chronicle: “I’ve had a great relationship here with Joey.

“He’s got four or five years, maybe six, still left at the very top.

“And if he stays in the space he’s in now, he will have a successful period.

Awesome.

Probably time to put some money on Pardew to walk. :lol:

Would be incredible but I can see it happening. He's brought himself back into the frame for being a PL manager so he might think he could go and get another (safer, more comfortable) job.

Guest WashyGeordie

If players and agents don't get what they want they're off. Joey's demands aren't met so he's off. Staying till the end of his contract isn't about loyalty. It's about getting a bigger signing on fee from a new club as they don't have to pay a transfer fee.

In Nolan's case if he doesn't get a new contract he'll have more trouble than Joey finding a new club. It's easy to be 'loyal' to a club when you're on great wages.

Shay Given left to win something, then was going to leave if he didn't get first team football. Still there though. Wonder why? £££££££££££££££££ perhaps!

:thup:

Wasn't there a hold up in the transfer when he came here 'cos he thought he was due a 'loyalty bonus'... or am i thinking of someone else?

Edit - Oh someone's already beat is.

Guest hobshobs

Ambition? Do we want to end up with a side with the likes of Butt, Owen, Geremi, Smith all past thier best playing together way past ther best days. I certainly don't. Two years for Joey takes him to 31. I personally wouldn't give Nolan an extension. His legs have gone already to be honest. We need younger, pacy, hungry players.

You're talking about Barton and Nolan - two players that played a f***ing big part in our season and in Nolan's case last season as well.

You shouldn't forget too quickly about that. Younger, pacier and hungrier players might give us more attractive football but good luck if things aren't going well with them not caring about the club the way the likes of Barton and Nolan did that season.

I agree Barton and Nolan did play a big part this season and Nolan last season. But what about the season before, the relegation season. Both were poor. Joey stupidly sent off at Liverpool, Nolan stupidly sent off at home to Everton. It's fair to say that the lack of effort from Owen, Viduka, Martins, Duff and the like played a big part in us going down but these guys didn't help the cause either.  

The fact that McKay has said that he's been approached by clubs regarding the Barton situation tells you all you need to know about his motives. If it was simply about not wanting to be here, or the fact he was unhappy with the ambition we've shown or the fact he disliked the owners (and who doesn't?) then he'd have went silently into the night. It's about cold hard cash.

Ambition? Do we want to end up with a side with the likes of Butt, Owen, Geremi, Smith all past thier best playing together way past ther best days. I certainly don't. Two years for Joey takes him to 31. I personally wouldn't give Nolan an extension. His legs have gone already to be honest. We need younger, pacy, hungry players.

You're talking about Barton and Nolan - two players that played a f***ing big part in our season and in Nolan's case last season as well.

You shouldn't forget too quickly about that. Younger, pacier and hungrier players might give us more attractive football but good luck if things aren't going well with them not caring about the club the way the likes of Barton and Nolan did that season.

I agree Barton and Nolan did play a big part this season and Nolan last season. But what about the season before, the relegation season. Both were poor. Joey stupidly sent off at Liverpool, Nolan stupidly sent off at home to Everton. It's fair to say that the lack of effort from Owen, Viduka, Martins, Duff and the lik played a big part in us going down but these guys didn't help the cause either. 

No you're right about that but all I wanted to point out was that, without Joey and Nolan this season, we might have gone down. Nolan's goals and his influence in the dressing room and Barton's assists and also goals and the games in which he put out his one-man-shows... I wouldn't think of where we would be without those two today.

Why?

Barton has stopped drinking so he won't end up in jail again and isn't an alcoholic anymore.

He's been very unlucky with his injuries as well. It wasn't a case of missing many games because of 'Michael Owen hamstrings'.

He went to prison because he was an idiot, not because he was an alcoholic.

You can make the excuse about unlucky with injuries but the fact is his availability for us since he's been here has been awful.

Guest WashyGeordie

The fact that McKay has said that he's been approached by clubs regarding the Barton situation tells you all you need to know about his motives. If it was simply about not wanting to be here, or the fact he was unhappy with the ambition we've shown or the fact he disliked the owners (and who doesn't?) then he'd have went silently into the night. It's about cold hard cash.

Probably Fulham with Mark Hughes being there...

Why?

You can make the excuse about unlucky with injuries but the fact is his availability for us since he's been here has been awful.

His availability was/is down to being injured (mostly) and those injuries were down to bad luck (mostly).

His time in prision was down to being an idiot, correct, while being an idiot was down to being on the drink too much.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/03/14/pardew-barton-can-fulfil-dreams-at-united-72703-28331208/

Awesome.

Would be incredible but I can see it happening. He's brought himself back into the frame for being a PL manager so he might think he could go and get another (safer, more comfortable) job.

He's too desperate to stay. He'd have quit after the Carroll transfer if he really believed everything he was saying in the build up.

As I understand it, the reduced wage, 2 year contract would come into effect after his current contract ends in Summer 2012 so effectively he would have 3 years from the end of this season. He's 28 now (29 in September) so the new contract will end when he's 31 (3 months off 32). I wouldn't offer him a longer contract than that.

I stand by what I said above in February. If he really is demanding a 4 year contract then sell him in the Summer. There aren't many players over 32 who can still cut it at Premiership level.

Awesome.

He's too desperate to stay. He'd have quit after the Carroll transfer if he really believed everything he was saying in the build up.

No. At the time the Carroll sale was done he hadn't proved himself as a PL manager for other clubs to have a look at him.

I also think that he's too desperate to stay btw. But, at some point even for him it'll be probably too much to take with these idiots.

Guest hobshobs

I agree Barton and Nolan did play a big part this season and Nolan last season. But what about the season before, the relegation season. Both were poor. Joey stupidly sent off at Liverpool, Nolan stupidly sent off at home to Everton. It's fair to say that the lack of effort from Owen, Viduka, Martins, Duff and the lik played a big part in us going down but these guys didn't help the cause either. 

No you're right about that but all I wanted to point out was that, without Joey and Nolan this season, we might have gone down. Nolan's goals and his influence in the dressing room and Barton's assists and also goals and the games in which he put out his one-man-shows... I wouldn't think of where we would be without those two today.

Would agree 100%

These two have carried a few others this season.

Why?

His availability was/is down to being injured (mostly) and those injuries were down to bad luck (mostly).

His time in prision was down to being an idiot, correct, while being an idiot was down to being on the drink too much.

You can say that about every single player that gets injured though.

I just want to know how Barton is a more safe option compared to Ireland who is more injury prone and less stable apparently.

As I understand it, the reduced wage, 2 year contract would come into effect after his current contract ends in Summer 2012 so effectively he would have 3 years from the end of this season. He's 28 now (29 in September) so the new contract will end when he's 31 (3 months off 32). I wouldn't offer him a longer contract than that.

I stand by what I said above in February. If he really is demanding a 4 year contract then sell him in the Summer. There aren't many players over 32 who can still cut it at Premiership level.

As it was said before in this thread - Barton's game is not based on pace. He might as well be the same player in 8 years time.

Would agree 100%

These two have carried a few others this season.

:thup: