Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Chubby Jason

Willy McKay, the horrific bellend v Newcastle United, the proven liars. What a joyful match.

:lol: that's what I thought. Perfectly summed up.

Pardew said: "Andy Carroll was at the top of my list of questions because he needs to stay" GONE!!!

Pardew told the Evening Chronicle: "I have had a great relationship here with Joey. He's got four or five years, maybe six, still left at the very top, and if he stays in the space he's in now he will have a successful period." Five or Six years at the top, club will not give him a four year deal.

Pardew "Jose's situation is simple," Pardew told Sky Sports."He's made it clear that he won't talk to us until we're safe" Been safe for weeks no news of re-signing

Pards needs to be silent like Ashley the  f***er is a walking facepalm.

Guest Chubby Jason

I'm going to quite happily ignore this situation. Given the detestable nature of all parties involved I'll happy pretend there is no dispute taking place at all, haven't got the energy.

It is quite clear they are not.

Willie McKay today told Sky Sport: "I had a meeting with Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias and club secretary Lee Charnley and they have indicated Joey will not be offered a new contract.

You're taking an agent's word :dowie:

How vague is the word "indicated" anyway?  Answer: very.

Yes.

Do you reckon Lee Charnley is drawing up a contract as we speak?

Barton is not getting a deal because he speaks out imo, it is how they roll up there. Arselickers like Pedro get fastracked while Barton, Keegan & Level 7 get dealt with.

I agree

Even though they have reportedly offered him a deal? :lol:

It is quite clear they are not.

Willie McKay today told Sky Sport: "I had a meeting with Newcastle managing director Derek Llambias and club secretary Lee Charnley and they have indicated Joey will not be offered a new contract.

Can't remember many taking the word of an agent at face value in the past like.

Maybe this will refresh your memory

Thanks....So is there any direct quotes from Jol? Sorry i'm behind!

His agent on Dutch TV said that Newcastle wasn't an option for him.

This is Barton's first good season since he arrived, I'm not that shocked they baulked on giving him a contract until he is 33. Even if he is having a wage drop it still won't exactly be low wages.

Obviously everything is the boards fault for some and we should be handing out the same stupid contracts we have in the past leaving us with over the hill players we can't even give away (see Smith heading into the third year of his massive contract where he has barely been a squad player).

Exactly. This is a player who most posters here will say can't perform in centre midfield these days and is more effective floating wider where he doesn't come under so much pressure on the ball. It doesn't seem that much different to Owen who had to drop into the midfield because he'd lost the sharpness needed up front. You can't blame Barton for trying but the club can't just hand out daft contracts through sentimentality.

Oh. We're doing that again. Great.

What do you mean again?

I thought the forum had gotten past the whole 'Bring up posts from the past' thing.

This is Barton's first good season since he arrived, I'm not that shocked they baulked on giving him a contract until he is 33. Even if he is having a wage drop it still won't exactly be low wages.

Obviously everything is the boards fault for some and we should be handing out the same stupid contracts we have in the past leaving us with over the hill players we can't even give away (see Smith heading into the third year of his massive contract where he has barely been a squad player).

Exactly. This is a player who most posters here will say can't perform in centre midfield these days and is more effective floating wider where he doesn't come under so much pressure on the ball. It doesn't seem that much different to Owen who had to drop into the midfield because he'd lost the sharpness needed up front. You can't blame Barton for trying but the club can't just hand out daft contracts through sentimentality.

How do we know what he wants is daft? It might be that the pay cut they're offering is daft. If they've even made an offer at all.

All we can go on at this stage are the words of McKay, slimy as he is. Those words are that NUFC have opted against offering Barton a new contract, despite the manager frequently singing his praises and claiming in March that he believed he was easily good for ages yet at this level.

`

What do you mean again?

I thought the forum had gotten past the whole 'Bring up posts from the past' thing.

Technically speaking, whenever anyone is quoted they are bringing up a post from the past...

What do you mean again?

Nah its timeless especially when people  type "Can't remember"

This regime has trouble running it's box office efficiently. Why should we believe they know how to treat the players? It's not like they have a proven track record since taking over from Shepherd is it?

Has any regime ever ran the box office efficiently?

Barton is not getting a deal because he speaks out imo, it is how they roll up there. Arselickers like Pedro get fastracked while Barton, Keegan & Level 7 get dealt with.

I agree

Even though they have reportedly offered him a deal? :lol:

We have no idea what deal they have offered in January though, it could be a bloody ridiculous one. This regime has trouble running it's box office efficiently. Why should we believe they know how to treat the players? It's not like they have a proven track record since taking over from Shepherd is it?

The problem is the profile of working coming into the box office is so seasonal, that the backlog they'll have will increase dramatically in the summer.

How do we know what he wants is daft? It might be that the pay cut they're offering is daft. If they've even made an offer at all.

All we can go on at this stage are the words of McKay, slimy as he is. Those words are that NUFC have opted against offering Barton a new contract, despite the manager frequently singing his praises and claiming in March that he believed he was easily good for ages yet at this level.

Well the manager is hardly going to say in public that Barton will be shot to pieces by 2012 is he? The fact is everyone is drawing their own conclusions whether it's Barton asking for a 4 year deal or Llambias being a speccy cunt.