Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Fucking hell. I guess this means he will be sold this summer then? Ridiculous man.

He'll either sign or be sold. The stuff about staying on no matter what is patently bollocks.

Yep. No idea which one though.

Could be the agent upping the ante by threatening to leave for nothing, could be the club playing hardball. Will be interesting to see how it pans out. 

His game doesn't rely on pace, he could play up until he's 32/33 and in his later years just be used as a squad player.  He doesn't look like he's falling apart like Nolan, I think this is the fittest I've seen him as a player.  Yet most are going on like the minute he hits 30 he's going to develop athiritis and both his legs will fall off.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Blackburn would be a good shout

They have money and joey would be guaranteed starter

f***ing Willie McKay man. Dunno why any players or clubs would want to deal with this c***

Fucking Llambias man. Dunno why any player or agent would want to deal with this cunt

If it's Willie McKay I'm glad it's that cunt Llambias dealing with the cunt.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Ireland as a replacement for Barton, you are having a fucking laugh surely?  That would be a terrible deal, I would actually cry!

Ireland and Larsson are the only two I can see us going for and both are inferior.

f***ing Willie McKay man. Dunno why any players or clubs would want to deal with this c***

f***ing Llambias man. Dunno why any player or agent would want to deal with this c***

If it's Willie McKay I'm glad it's that c*** Llambias dealing with the c***.

I know its hard for you to look past Willie but we are going to lose one of our better players & more than likely for non footballing reasons.

Guest Mantis

Another of our top players to leave, there's a surprise!  How can I get Lambias on a flight through the ash cloud?

f***ing Llambias man. Dunno why any player or agent would want to deal with this c***

I know its hard for you to look past Willie but we are going to lose one of our better players & more than likely for non footballing reasons.

...Just as that is not synonymous with Joey Barton?... or at least have been in the past. During his spell here, it's only during the two latest season's he's done what you would.. or at least should... expect from any Newcastle player. If he goes, he goes. We loose someone who has showed positive changes this season, but he also loose those who have backed him up when he was in deep shit.

Not defending Ashley though... read my signature.... just sayin'.

Barton's one of the players I'd prefer to keep but not at any price.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I think its a funny one this one.

I'd hate to see him go because he's had a really good season, however he's been here for 4 seasons now and we've only had 1 full season from him due to injuries/suspensions/prison. There is no way he justifies the wage he earns now. If he's seeking the same wage as he's currently on I'd expect him to've consistently played well for the last 4 seasons - he hasn't, mainly due to unavailability. Also, why would the club want to offer him a further 3 or 4 years when out of his last 4 years we've only had one good year, and 3 rubbish ones? I'd say a 2 year, highly incentivised contract with a conservative basic wage, with the option of a 3rd based on performance, would be realistic and sensible from the club's point of view, and, if Joey loves the club as much as he says he does, he'd understand that it represented a fair deal, and that he owes us for the last 4 years..................but we're not naiive enough to think that that's how the world works are we! He's after his last big contract, and earning £70k/week (or whatever it is) for the last year of his contract with us, followed by next Summer signing on a free at Blackburn or somewhere with a bumper signing-on fee and wage due to £0 transfer fee, would appear to be the masterplan from Dick McKay and Joey as far as I'm concerned. I'm suspicious.

Guest axel

Barton is not getting a deal because he speaks out imo, it is how they roll up there. Arselickers like Pedro get fastracked while Barton, Keegan & Level 7 get dealt with.

We're North Korea in a nutshell!

Guest toonlass

Barton is not getting a deal because he speaks out imo, it is how they roll up there. Arselickers like Pedro get fastracked while Barton, Keegan & Level 7 get dealt with.

I agree

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He won't get to a club anywhere near as big as us.

Umm yeah he will.

Prove it.