Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I love this club and want success. We should buy the club like they did at Barcelona.

:snod:

The fans didn't buy Barcelona. It was founded as a member's co-op in the first place. Big difference.

You know what? He's insane. Sell him. :lol:

Seriously, the guy is clearly under stress and has lost his judgement. He's making a complete fool of himself, and someone close to him needs to stop him.

Seriously, the guy is clearly under stress and has lost his judgement. He's making a complete fool of himself, and someone close to him needs to stop him.

Piers Morgan?

??? Not gonna say he won't, it's his own life he's got to keep leading, but I can't see how he has yet. Nothing wrong with opening a twitter account to keep in touch with supporters.

Ultimately, he's an employee of the club and if he's going to slag his bosses/paymasters off in public then it's not going to end well for the bloke.

It'll all be used against him and I'm not sure how he's impressing any interested clubs by doing it either. He seems a bit headstrong and certainly isn't afraid to say what he thinks but sometimes it's better to shut the fuck up. 

Guest johnson293

Ultimately, he's an employee of the club and if he's going to slag his bosses/paymasters off in public then it's not going to end well for the bloke.

It'll all be used against him and I'm not sure how he's impressing any interested clubs by doing it either. He seems a bit headstrong and certainly isn't afraid to say what he thinks but sometimes it's better to shut the fuck up.  

Exactly.

If the club heirarchy already have a certain opinion of him (difficult, etc) then this isn't gonna change their minds.

However, he seems to be of the opinion that he won't be pushed out this summer, but he also won't stay and work for them beyond next summer.... so not sure of his real motives, TBH.

Depends what you mean by 'end well'. We're all within our rights to make certain comments about our employers, and he's always been a bit Cantona-esque in having/wanting a life beyond his 10-15 year career, so just avoiding hassle probably isn't going to be his main aim. He's said before he expects to live round here for the rest of his life after he's finished playing, so presumably/hopefully he's got that in mind as he makes his decisions now.

I don't want him to wreck himself, but how many times have many people wanted comments from/criticised certain individuals like Keegan for not avoiding non-disclosure agreements and giving us more of a clue about just what the hell's been going on.

Has he laid into the club at all yet? I just thought he was trying to reassure fans of his loyalty towards the club that said, joey Barton on twitter is an absolute abortion of an idea

http://images.wikia.com/friends/images/2/27/Estelle.jpg

"Hey Joey, do you know what you should do....."

Exactly.

If the club heirarchy already have a certain opinion of him (difficult, etc) then this isn't gonna change their minds.

However, he seems to be of the opinion that he won't be pushed out this summer, but he also won't stay and work for them beyond next summer.... so not sure of his real motives, TBH.

Don't know why he doesn't just put his head down and play out next season - which he's perfectly entitled to. All this talk about NUSC/Barcelona fans buyouts is just childish shit-stirring. It won't get him anywhere except out the door.

Has he laid into the club at all yet? I just thought he was trying to reassure fans of his loyalty towards the club that said, joey Barton on twitter is an absolute abortion of an idea

http://images.wikia.com/friends/images/2/27/Estelle.jpg

"Hey Joey, do you know what you should do....."

:lol:

Depends what you mean by 'end well'. We're all within our rights to make certain comments about our employers, and he's always been a bit Cantona-esque in having/wanting a life beyond his 10-15 year career, so just avoiding hassle probably isn't going to be his main aim. He's said before he expects to live round here for the rest of his life after he's finished playing, so presumably/hopefully he's got that in mind as he makes his decisions now.

I don't want him to wreck himself, but how many times have many people wanted comments from/criticised certain individuals like Keegan for not avoiding non-disclosure agreements and giving us more of a clue about just what the hell's been going on.

I'd much prefer things like this to stay behind closed doors. I know it's McKay who's made it public, and he's got every right to, but making twitter accounts in the middle of things isn't helping things. I don't think it reflects particularly well on Barton or the club by making private contract talks public.

Dirty washing indoors and all that. :thup:

I'd much prefer things like this to stay behind closed doors. I know it's McKay who's made it public, and he's got every right to, but making twitter accounts in the middle of things isn't helping things. I don't think it reflects particularly well on Barton or the club by making private contract talks public.

I sort of operate in a different world - don't want every bad feeling publicised for the sake of it, but in general I think things should be able to stand up in daylight and if they don't then it's more important that they're shown up.

Thinking of it from Barton (or any player's) perspective, it'd be one thing if it was all gonna be quiet, but every previous experience with Ashley/Llambias says they're gonna air as much of his dirty laundry as they can as slyly as they can, and if it isn't dirty enough, they'll throw mud on it to make sure. If I was him I'd make my own plans with that in mind.

I sort of operate in a different world - don't want every bad feeling publicised for the sake of it, but in general I think things should be able to stand up in daylight and if they don't then it's more important that they're shown up.

Thinking of it from Barton (or any player's) perspective, it'd be one thing if it was all gonna be quiet, but every previous experience with Ashley/Llambias says they're gonna air as much of his dirty laundry as they can as slyly as they can, and if it isn't dirty enough, they'll throw mud on it to make sure. If I was him I'd make my own plans with that in mind.

But how are we ever to find out who's telling the truth when they, inevitably, give their own different versions of events. Nothing can be proved and it only damages the club itself. Not got a problem with finding out the truth at a much later date but I think it's best if it's all done in private until it's sorted one way or the other. 

Guest Slarth

Joey Barton with a twitter account, oh ffs this isn't gonna end well  :doh: At least it'll be highly entertaining  :laugh:

But how are we ever to find out who's telling the truth when they, inevitably, give their own different versions of events. Nothing can be proved and it only damages the club itself. Not got a problem with finding out the truth at a much later date but I think it's best if it's all done in private until it's sorted one way or the other. 

Hopefully people listening will be bright enough to pick their way through the versions, but more importantly it's easier to hold people to things if they've made a statement - leaves a lot less room for them to be pulling tricks behind closed doors.

Regarding privacy, it often (in or out of football) just seems to see the shits get away with it and make hay while the sun shines - especially when they're smart enough to know they don't have to play by the rules if everyone else does.

Hopefully people listening will be bright enough to pick their way through the versions, but more importantly it's easier to hold people to things if they've made a statement - leaves a lot less room for them to be pulling tricks behind closed doors.

Regarding privacy, it often (in or out of football) just seems to see the shits get away with it and make hay while the sun shines - especially when they're smart enough to know they don't have to play by the rules if everyone else does.

Agree totally about the privacy issue and arseholes getting away with it. :thup:

Still think these sorts of things are better off kept private regardless of the individuals involved. Hammer the contract out in private or make a clean break of things. Telling tales to the press and/or creating twitter accounts to spill the beans on the details of contract talks isn't my bag tbh.

I hope they sort it out but the longer it goes the more untenable Barton's situation becomes. You can't possibly keep a player who's in open conflict publically with his employer. It just won't work.

Agree totally about the privacy issue and arseholes getting away with it. :thup:

Still think these sorts of things are better off kept private regardless of the individuals involved. Hammer the contract out in private or make a clean break of things. Telling tales to the press and/or creating twitter accounts to spill the beans on the details of contract talks isn't my bag tbh.

I hope they sort it out but the longer it goes the more untenable Barton's situation becomes. You can't possibly keep a player who's in open conflict publically with his employer. It just won't work.

Have to say, 'if' this twitter/statements story does develop further, I'm assuming it's going to be bigger than just a squabble about contract lengths, and one way or another will touch upon the way the club's being run. I might end up disagreeing with it myself if it somehow proves to be just a "we'll give you £30k/I want £40k" story.

If it was an ideal world I could see sense in a clean break, but as I say, half the point is I don't believe Ashley/Llambias would let it be. I... have difficulty looking at how this one goes with a view to whether Barton's position here is tenable because I've been waiting for this to happen for the past year, certainly since Hughton was finally sacked. His position here isn't tenable, it wasn't last month, and I probably expected him to go before Carroll, if anything.

The thing I cling onto in all this is the idea a lot have that each time we cut the wages or cash in on a player, we get a little bit closer to being sold. I don't really see why it would be true, but maybe it is. Hope so.

Have to say, 'if' this twitter/statements story does develop further, I'm assuming it's going to be bigger than just a squabble about contract lengths, and one way or another will touch upon the way the club's being run. I might end up disagreeing with it myself if it somehow proves to be just a "we'll give you £30k/I want £40k" story.

If it was an ideal world I could see sense in a clean break, but as I say, half the point is I don't believe Ashley/Llambias would let it be. I... have difficulty looking at how this one goes with a view to whether Barton's position here is tenable because I've been waiting for this to happen for the past year, certainly since Hughton was finally sacked. His position here isn't tenable, it wasn't last month, and I probably expected him to go before Carroll, if anything.

Goes back to the point I made earlier about the squabbling thing over the details - we'll never know who's telling the truth because we're not privvy to those negotiations. To be honest I'm not interested in how much brass he's after and/or how much they're offering;  they either sort a contract or they don't.

I do think if Barton goes public and criticises the hierarchy of the club then his career will suffer as a result. Not just in his remaining year here but I'm sure a fair few chairmen will look at what's happened and think twice about sanctioning a transfer to bring him into their club. He's already got a load of baggage without this shit to contend with.

He needs to be very careful about how he plays this situation out.