Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest BooBoo

What rag does Alan Oliver write for? The People? Story no doubt is based on nothing but "sheer speculation".

Guest bimpy474

Where exactly would Everton pull £4m from and if they have it why wouldn't they spend it on a striker which is what they really need

Sold Vaughan for £2.5m to Norwich yesterday.

Where exactly would Everton pull £4m from and if they have it why wouldn't they spend it on a striker which is what they really need

& Pienaar for £2.5m in Jan.

The Barton to Everton story is in a few of the papers tomorrow. Would have hated him here in the past but he's changed my opinion on him in the past couple of years. Less happy with the Jay bloody Bothroyd stories....

The Barton to Everton story is in a few of the papers tomorrow. Would have hated him here in the past but he's changed my opinion on him in the past couple of years. Less happy with the Jay bloody Bothroyd stories....

Don't Everton have a strict wage structure and how will Barton fit into that with his current high wages? Although it will make sense with Barton's crosses from the right for Cahill to feed on if the move does happen.

Guest sicko2ndbest

you think the footballers live in liverpool?? more like hoylake or the posh parts to the north.

wherever is closet to the golf clubs!

Being in the vicinity of Liverpool is not a good idea for joey

Don't Everton have a strict wage structure and how will Barton fit into that with his current high wages? Although it will make sense with Barton's crosses from the right for Cahill to feed on if the move does happen.

Arteta earns 70k & Heitinga is on 60k so his current wage wouldn't break the structure.

Think he's more likely to be offered less on a longer deal though. The club wouldn't give Pienaar the 60k he wanted & I reckon Heitinga will be moved on in the summer. He's one of several big earners we could afford to lose (Yak, Yobo & Bily too)

I'd rather he stayed and we let him go on a free next season than sell him for £4 million.

Obviously I doubt the board would agree.

This. But if he's an Everton fan, I'd rather see him play happily somewhere else.

You know for a fact that if he doesn't sign a new contract he'll be a sub next season.

The main reason I'd rather he stayed is I think it'll be important to keep the likes of Barton and Nolan while adding new players over the summer. It will be an easier transition period rather than getting rid of Barton and dropping in the new players as direct replacements.

I'd rather he stayed and we let him go on a free next season than sell him for £4 million.

This. But if he's an Everton fan, I'd rather see him play happily somewhere else.

You know for a fact that if he doesn't sign a new contract he'll be a sub next season.

Don't think there's any reason to believe that. If he works hard and gets on with it I can't see any reason why he wouldn't play. Barring much better new signings obviously.

Don't think there's any reason to believe that. If he works hard and gets on with it I can't see any reason why he wouldn't play. Barring much better new signings obviously.

If there is truth in the Cabaye signing - then that to me is an indication that Joey is either going this summer, or will not play next.

A CM that is comfortable on the right-wing ... come on.

Had been thinking he would stick out his final year, but the signing of Cabaye, if true, is a pretty stark message that the club have already moved on - as far as central midfield goes anyway. Good luck to him if Everton do come in.

We'll miss his attitude on the field, for sure. Been huge for us this year.

Hoping Pardew has a good eye on the character and spirit of incoming players. Getting the sense there could be quite a few changes this summer, and the spirit needs to stay strong.