Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

If we'd let Barton go before we'd signed Marveaux and Cabaye would people still be saying we hadn't signed a replacement?

I'd be saying we needed strengthening before we sold two of our most influential players, so claiming the two we brought in were their 'replacements' is disingenuous.  It would certainly make it easier to pull the wool over some peope's eyes though.  It's like people saying "It's OK, we've replaced Carroll with Ba" forgetting we went into the January window looking for a striker before we even sold Carroll.

If we'd let Barton go before we'd signed Marveaux and Cabaye would people still be saying we hadn't signed a replacement?

Midfield in :

Marveaux

Cabaye

Midfield out :

Barton

Nolan

Routledge

Are we just disregarding Abeid?

Midfield in :

Marveaux

Cabaye

Midfield out :

Barton

Nolan

Routledge

and we have to add Gosling and Arfa to that.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

Yes, you do know what position Barton plays for us don't you?

Er aye, the right side of midfield. I'm sure Ben Arfa, Jonas and Marveaux could all play on the right side.

Routledge gone is no big loss seaming as we were never going to play him and he's not goof enough for the Prem. He is a loss in terms of numbers but nothing else.

I'm sad to see the back of Nolan but I'm sure with Cabaye and Ben Arfa we have cover for the "hole" Nolan spent most of his time in.

Er aye, the right side of midfield. I'm sure Ben Arfa, Jonas and Marveaux could all play on the right side.

Routledge gone is no big loss seaming as we were never going to play him and he's not goof enough for the Prem. He is a loss in terms of numbers but nothing else.

I'm sad to see the back of Nolan but I'm sure with Cabaye and Ben Arfa we have cover for the "hole" Nolan spent most of his time in.

Im sure they all could play there, im sure we could play any player there wether or not they are any good is a different question. Going into the season with no proven right midfielder is suicidal.

Im sure they all could play there, im sure we could play any player there wether or not they are any good is a different question. Going into the season with no proven right midfielder is suicidal.

I forgot the season starts tomorrow.

I forgot the season starts tomorrow.

Yeah that is what i said. We are talking about people thinking we don't need to replace Barton.

We did exactly that last season. We have players on the books this season who are more proven as right midfielders than Barton was at the start of last season.

I'm not saying we don't need a replacement if Barton goes, because I think we do. But that statement is just stupid.

We did exactly that last season. We have players on the books this season who are more proven as right midfielders than Barton was at the start of last season.

I'm not saying we don't need a replacement if Barton goes, because I think we do. But that statement is just stupid.

No we went in last season as Routledge as our first choice winger. We stumbled upon Barton out there, and he was brilliant from there on in. But we actually started with an out and out winger.

Ohhh so Marveaux the guy coming off an injury, who played very few games last season & is said to be behind everyone else in terms of fitness in pre season because of that, who is also completely untested in a league which many good players dont make it in, is the guy replacing Barton one of our best players last season

Thank fuck for that. Lucky we didnt just get Marv on the basis that he might have the potential to be very good & we had someone like Barton/Jonas/an actual squad who could step in still if he and the other new lads dont step up.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

Very clever SuperToon. You know fine well that I meant they could play there well, it's not as if I was suggesting playing Krul there.

Just for those in denial about how fucked up this situation is and how much of a shitehawk our owner is, here's some comments from an Everton message board:-

'he (Ashley) is frighteningly inept. god knows how he made his money. Who knows whats going on at Newcastle and i'd have Barton in a heartbeat.'

'The nolan thing is strange..why sell your club captain and highest goalscorer especially if he keep the talented barton under control...

as for your point about throwing money away..Ashley is saving on bartons wages and knows he could of walked next season anyway for buttons ..

ashley sounds like a cunt...but hey lets hope the blue union can find someone like him eh.'

'Sound like a winner to me and i'd have said all newcastle fans and players alike would have wanted him as captain..as for set pieces hes mustard at them..if pardew cant see that then #### him...how about pardew was told not to give him the armband by his puppeteer to make barton go nuts ...'

'Sour grapes from Newcastle, leaking all kinds of stories to placate the fans, don't ya think  '

'I would say their PR activities are on hyper-drive.'

'despite all the hyperbole in those sources all that boils down to is that, essentially, he wasn't best pleased that a clown was captain and that they got beat by Leeds.'

Most other fans ive talked to expect us to be in a relegation battle tbh Partly probably an overreaction to the recent going ons yes, but its also them not being biased towards a hope that our new players will all make the grade easily.

I dont expect we will btw, but i think this season may be a let down for those with high hopes for our new players to turn us into a beautifully attacking side.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

Gosling can play on the right too, can't he?

I believe so, probably more like Barton played there rather than a winger i think.

Marveaux, Jonas and Ben Arfa (lesser extent) are all wingers, aren't they?

Aye.

It was a rhetorical question in response to SUPERTOON, but thanks :lol:

He can, but I wouldn't say he's a natural winger and is better used in CM.

Marveaux, Jonas and Ben Arfa (lesser extent) are all wingers, aren't they?

Aye.

It was a rhetorical question in response to SUPERTOON, but thanks :lol:

He can, but I wouldn't say he's a natural winger and is better used in CM.

Sounds like Barton to me.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Midfield in :

Marveaux

Cabaye

Midfield out :

Barton

Nolan

Routledge

I was referring to players who were bought directly for the first 11.