Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

None of us know the ins and outs of Ashley's tax situation or even what his attitude is to this loan. But yes, at first glance, you would have to think that's spot on.

At least we have a better idea why we're not spending then, unless he was to put it back in.

He won't be staying.. the ONLY  he stays is if no one comes in for him with a decent wage & contract length offer.

:lol: There you go, DJ.

He's right though, anyone who doesn't hero worship Barton will surely see that.

LOL @heroworship, #anymildopinionisturnedintoextremismonthisforum.

(is that 140 characters?)

As ever I admire the sentiment and appreciate anyone trying to better the club. The failure of the Hull game protests (and subsequent formation of NUST) to have any impact though suggests to me that nothing we can realistically do will have any effect. We're stuck with the useless cunt.

It's my honest opinion that this sort of action will just antagonise Ashley and make him even more determined to run the business on a purely profit basis. Nothing to be gained at this point by getting antsy.

in other words we've got nothing to lose?

As ever I admire the sentiment and appreciate anyone trying to better the club. The failure of the Hull game protests (and subsequent formation of NUST) to have any impact though suggests to me that nothing we can realistically do will have any effect. We're stuck with the useless cunt.

It's my honest opinion that this sort of action will just antagonise Ashley and make him even more determined to run the business on a purely profit basis. Nothing to be gained at this point by getting antsy.

I did expand on that further down the page:

Your honest opinion is flawed, he's running the business on a purely profit basis now and that has been his aim for at least as long as Llambias has been here.

He could make a lot more profit out of it without signing players like Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Ba. In fact I reckon to run the club on a profit maximising basis he would have been mad to sell Nolan as you could get enough goals from a side playing long ball football with Nolan and a few other big hard players to ensure survival every season. Top that off with interest charges on his loan and he could make a tidy sum surely?

A side with players like Ben Arfa and Cabaye running on a maximized profit is much more appealing than a team with a bunch of bruisers running on a profit.

Isn't that the whole point of the entertainment industry?

Your honest opinion is flawed, he's running the business on a purely profit basis now and that has been his aim for at least as long as Llambias has been here.

He could make a lot more profit out of it without signing players like Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Ba. In fact I reckon to run the club on a profit maximising basis he would have been mad to sell Nolan as you could get enough goals from a side playing long ball football with Nolan and a few other big hard players to ensure survival every season. Top that off with interest charges on his loan and he could make a tidy sum surely?

fair enough but i wholly disagree. imo ashley doesnt care either way who plays for us or who doesnt so long as we

1. stay in the premier league

2. spend as little as possible

Therefore to me, after having witnessed the Carroll sale and the things around it, cabaye, tiote, ben arfa are speculative buys. They'll do a job for us in that they'll keep us up but he wont think twice about cashing in on them if the offers come in, which they will. It's profit based player acquisition, hence the 'sell on value' that's trickled down to be in the forefront of so many supporters minds. Gone are the days when we consider the transfer fee and wages as a fair swap for what we get on the pitch, what we get when the player leaves the club is more important.

This is all absolutely fine if you have balance, and our club is so out of balance now it's a frightening gamble, but we've seen him gamble before haven't we? And he'll keep doing it.

fair enough but i wholly disagree. imo ashley doesnt care either way who plays for us or who doesnt so long as we

1. stay in the premier league

2. spend as little as possible

Therefore to me, after having witnessed the Carroll sale and the things around it, cabaye, tiote, ben arfa are speculative buys. They'll do a job for us in that they'll keep us up but he wont think twice about cashing in on them if the offers come in, which they will. It's profit based player acquisition, hence the 'sell on value' that's trickled down to be in the forefront of so many supporters minds. Gone are the days when we consider the transfer fee and wages as a fair swap for what we get on the pitch, what we get when the player leaves the club is more important.

This is all absolutely fine if you have balance, and our club is so out of balance now it's a frightening gamble, but we've seen him gamble before haven't we? And he'll keep doing it.

We've been down the other route with Fat Fred where he was paying players far more than they were worth in order to sign them or keep them here, sometimes for emotional reasons rather than performance based. That landed us in a lot of debt. Now unfortunately we seem to have an owner who is going the other way completely and is being so tight with the finances it's in danger of stunting growth. Difficult to support either approach really so I'm with you, we have lost the balance required.

Guest dazzanufc1892

if you would have had this saga 12 months ago, everybody would be saying good riddance!!! one good season doesn't make him irreplaceable. Nolan is different as he was our captain, but again, a player we wouldn't have minded losing. The only reason people are reacting so badly is because he will go on a free, something that he would have done next year. He wouldn't have been in the starting 11 this year any way and would have just bitched if he had of been on the bench. Personally happy to see this bench spot filled by vuckic and the electrician.

if you would have had this saga 12 months ago, everybody would be saying good riddance!!! one good season doesn't make him irreplaceable. Nolan is different as he was our captain, but again, a player we wouldn't have minded losing. The only reason people are reacting so badly is because he will go on a free, something that he would have done next year. He wouldn't have been in the starting 11 this year any way and would have just bitched if he had of been on the bench. Personally happy to see this bench spot filled by vuckic and the electrician.

:lol:

My personal contender for worst post of the year.

Talkshit, still going on about Barton, he latest tweets are causing a stir.. threatening to stay sit on his arse and take the money.

no he isnt

'Just because ur told to jump, it does not necessarily mean u have to. I may choose to stand perfectly still. It's my right...just a thought'

Talkshit, still going on about Barton, he latest tweets are causing a stir.. threatening to stay sit on his arse and take the money.

It could still be happening that, despite he isn't wanted here, he finds himself back in the starting XI once we realize that we really need him.

Like Beckham at Real Madrid despite signing a contract for L.A.

no he isnt

'Just because ur told to jump, it does not necessarily mean u have to. I may choose to stand perfectly still. It's my right...just a thought'

I aint seen his latest tweets, just got this shit on (talkshit)

no he isnt

It might also be that the top 4 club interest hasn't materialised despite the guff his agent keeps spouting on any show which will have him.

I cannot believe the way that the broadcast and print media are hanging on his every tweet and reporting them as soon as they happen.  He is certainly providing a lot of content for them all.

no he isnt

It might also be that the top 4 club interest hasn't materialised despite the guff his agent keeps spouting on any show which will have him.

Or he might just be clarifying that he doesn't actualy have to leave if he doesn't want to?

Knowing the evil little shit though it's probably some Zodiac style code for "Heil Hitler! Heil mein Fuhrer! Sieg Heil!"...

no he isnt

Or he might just be clarifying that he doesn't actualy have to leave if he doesn't want to?

Knowing the evil little shit though it's probably some Zodiac style code for "Heil Hitler! Heil mein Fuhrer! Sieg Heil!"...

Of course he doesn't have to leave the club if he doesn't want to. But that was the case before twittering about the crap dressing room spirit and rotten bosses. If he's being moved on quicker now it's because he chose to be disruptive and his agent is talking up his move to anyone who'll air his views.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't think his contract situation is the only thing that pissed him off, he's just using that as the main issue. I think the sale of Nolan, a big mate of his, and not getting the captaincy has also played a huge part. I'd like to think the club not handing him the captain's armband could perhaps also point to them wanting rid regardless long before this all kicked-off. Regardless of the situation the club and management have handled this badly, staggeringly so. Barton for his part has taken a big public hissy fit.

Guest BooBoo

Joey Barton marches into Spain and takes control of the Trofeo Teresa Herrera trophy.

Best thread title ever.