Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

davidsedgwickNE David Sedgwick

spoken to Barton, says he's talking to QPR as #NUFC dont want him so he has to go somewhere. He's on train with SSN's David Craig

Hmm. Is he/the account real?

Sounds a lot like something Joey wouldn't say

Can't believe that after he played (well) in the first two game.

Would have been obvious if he hadn't played and still had to train on his own but that's surprising now.

It also shows - once again - that Pardew knows next to nothing.

"We and Joey know what we're doing... " I guess he didn't.

Guest johnson293

Well, if he's on his way for talks at QPR, you'd expect West Ham to make their move too, in the not so distant future?

Can't believe that after he played (well) in the first two game.

Would have been obvious if he hadn't played and still had to train on his own but that's surprising now.

It also shows - once again - that Pardew knows next to nothing.

"We and Joey know what we're doing... " I guess he didn't.

Always the case. Ashley runs the show.

Well duh, of course he's given PERMISSION to speak. Doesn't mean he'll be insane enough to go there. I'm not worried.

I wouldn't be worried if he did, he's been distinctly average for quite a few games now and his free kicks are crap.

Do you think that maybe part of the reason he's been arguably below par (not sure I agree but it's certainly debatable) is because of the way this club's idiot hierarchy have treated him? That perhaps morale is more of a problem than the ability which he showed for large parts of last year?

I don't know, was morale a problem for his first 3 years here?  What most people seem to forget is that he's been here for 4 years and been good for about half a season.  I think he can be a good player when he's really fired up, he can also do idiotic things.  Like I said I'd prefer to keep him as a squad player, but he's not a player I'd be gutted to see go.  I'd still be disappointed if he did go and we didn't replace him though.

Just cannot see the logic in going to QPR at all.

He's been on a free transfer for the past few weeks and noone else seems to want him, hence there's no reason to believe the situation will be any different in 12 months time when he gets his last paycheck from us and gets booted out by Ashley's australian boot.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpFmftMnSHTwq6mFYx4qCnn9FVsGBJ6DKzuyltilXwRlnbIb8c

Might be better to take the money/contract and run. Away from Mike's big boot.

Guest palnese

I'll miss his passion, but I think Cabaye will replace Barton's qualities with ease.

We still need a squad though, and it's not looking too good, is it?

Well duh, of course he's given PERMISSION to speak. Doesn't mean he'll be insane enough to go there. I'm not worried.

I wouldn't be worried if he did, he's been distinctly average for quite a few games now and his free kicks are crap.

Do you think that maybe part of the reason he's been arguably below par (not sure I agree but it's certainly debatable) is because of the way this club's idiot hierarchy have treated him? That perhaps morale is more of a problem than the ability which he showed for large parts of last year?

I don't know, was morale a problem for his first 3 years here?  What most people seem to forget is that he's been here for 4 years and been good for about half a season.  I think he can be a good player when he's really fired up, he can also do idiotic things.  Like I said I'd prefer to keep him as a squad player, but he's not a player I'd be gutted to see go.

As a squad player, ignoring that hes currently making our starting line ups then. Also ignoring any form of change in character that has happened during this time or injuries & general destabilization of the club.

Just generally ignoring any kind of sensible reasoning that involves there being no reason for Barton not to stay at the solid level hes been playing at & being a good player for us.

Guest johnson293

He's been on a free transfer for the past few weeks and noone else seems to want him, hence there's no reason to believe the situation will be any different in 12 months time when he gets his last paycheck from us and gets booted out by Ashley's australian boot.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpFmftMnSHTwq6mFYx4qCnn9FVsGBJ6DKzuyltilXwRlnbIb8c

Or, he stays this season, quits twitter (and gives up the blog idea), keeps his gob shut and does his talking on the pitch, and then after another good season he might be either offered a new deal here or other clubs would likely be lining up for him as a free agent.

No reason to cut and run to the first club that flashes him a big contract/wage.

Maybe Pardew wants to play with two genuine wingers and thinks Joey on the bench will be bad news.  Not going to get in ahead of Tiote and Cabaye and not direct or quick enough to play as an out and out winger. 

Still need a squad though and cover for when Cheik is suspended or away at the ACN.  Cabaye looks like he'll get a few cards as well.  Gosling and Guthrie as back up isn't the end of the world, but Joey is a far superior player to them two.  Plus it means Smith is closer to the first team  :angry:

I don't know, was morale a problem for his first 3 years here?  What most people seem to forget is that he's been here for 4 years and been good for about half a season.  I think he can be a good player when he's really fired up, he can also do idiotic things.  Like I said I'd prefer to keep him as a squad player, but he's not a player I'd be gutted to see go.  I'd still be disappointed if he did go and we didn't replace him though.

I personally think he is a big part of why we have 4 points on the board already. He has worth beyond his "free kicks", he's a leader on the pitch whatever anyone thinks of his behavior past and present and a lot of the players in our team respond to him. That he has done stupid things in the past and not provided value commensurate to what we paid for him in fees and wages is obvious. That he today is worth a lot more than being pushed out the door to bloody QPR is also obvious IMHO.

Or, he stays this season, quits twitter (and gives up the blog idea), keeps his gob shut and does his talking on the pitch, and then after another good season he might be either offered a new deal here or other clubs would likely be lining up for him as a free agent.

No reason to cut and run to the first club that flashes him a big contract/wage.

He hasn't done his talking on the pitch this season though. Other than scuffling about slowly in midfield in the same area as Cabaye and Tiote he's been anonymous.

I think we have alot of good players for central midfield/OM position, it isn't a world of pain if he left. Allthough he is neat to have against the bigger teams and against sunderland. Plays really well when he's fired up, but seems to not care so much against the lesser teams. His personality demands alot of space aswell. And would people swap barton in with a left back and a forward? If rumours are true that barton is on between 70-80k a week. Pieters would take 30k/week there would still be room for 40-50k/week striker wich would mean top of our wagebracket.

I think we have alot of good players for central midfield/OM position, it isn't a world of pain if he left. Allthough he is neat to have against the bigger teams and against sunderland. Plays really well when he's fired up, but seems to not care so much against the lesser teams. His personality demands alot of space aswell. And would people swap barton in with a left back and a forward? If rumours are true that barton is on between 70-80k a week. Pieters would take 30k/week there would still be room for 40-50k/week striker wich would mean top of our wagebracket.

Not this again...do people think Enrique and Carroll played for feckin buttons like? THEIR wages should be their REPLACEMENT'S wages ffs, we shouldn't have to push other players out the door to allow a left back and a striker in man.

Guest icemanblue

Ugh, man. Just... eh?!

I'll miss his passion, but I think Cabaye will replace Barton's qualities with ease.

We still need a squad though, and it's not looking too good, is it?

On the right of midfield?

Don't you keep saying that Marveaux is perfect on the right hand side, cutting in? :troll:

The problem, as you undoubtedly know, is that the other side of the coin you've highlighted would leave him without a contract and with no "reasonable" suitors willing to take a punt on him. He could for example have another bad season in terms of form (like he did in his first 3 here, which were mixtures of poor performances and constant injuries leading to him frequently "lacking match fitness"), be dropped if other players start playing better, cause more trouble on/off the pitch which undoes this "reformed man" reputation he's only just started to gain, or he could end up getting seriously injured at some point (which isn't all that unlikely given some of the challenges he throws himself into and some of the treatment he gets from other twats).

QPR are going to throw a bunch of money at him, and will tell him they will be bringing in more players. Funnily enough it looks like they are looking to pair him up with Parker who he was slagging off not too long ago.