Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm not very good at maths, if we get a replacement for Barton at say £40,000 a week for 4 years for let say 3m transfer, does that work out cheaper than giving him a 4 year contract at lets say £65k a week?

:lol:

Don't kid yourself.  The only way Barton said he is staying for the rest of this season, had nothing to do with any love for our football club, and everything to do with the nice big slice of wedge he will receive when he became a free agent.

It proves it now, as the club have said he can leave for nothing, so he can get his big signing on fee, so doesn't matter who the club is (QPR) if they are going to give him a tasty slice of money now then he will be off.

Why is this even being debated. This is true of every single footballer???

Who gives a fuck.

We are giving away a first team player for free a year early for no reason whatsoever. Wake up man.

We'll save £3m in wages for one and IMO he won't be missed on the pitch as much as some think. If that £3m means we will be able to get other key players in it will be well worth it. That's a big "if" I admit.

Guest bimpy474

Why the f*** would he trust anyone from the club, AP included, if they said they would look at his contract again at the end of the season.

That is probably Joey's main thought, do i take a chance and stay to see or take the offer from Q.P.R. on the table, sentiment about how he loves us disappears when its his future he has to weigh up, hardly blame him like.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm not very good at maths, if we get a replacement for Barton at say £40,000 a week for 4 years for let say 3m transfer, does that work out cheaper than giving him a 4 year contract at lets say £65k a week?

3000000 + (40,000 x 208)

v

65000 x 208

Don't kid yourself.  The only way Barton said he is staying for the rest of this season, had nothing to do with any love for our football club, and everything to do with the nice big slice of wedge he will receive when he became a free agent.

It proves it now, as the club have said he can leave for nothing, so he can get his big signing on fee, so doesn't matter who the club is (QPR) if they are going to give him a tasty slice of money now then he will be off.

Who gives a f***.

We are giving away a first team player for free a year early for no reason whatsoever. Wake up man.

I totally agree we shouldn't be giving him away for free, that's not what i was saying.

But at the end of the day, for all the time he has been available, only QPR have popped in to show any interest?  I think it proves Joey isn't as wonderful as he thinks he is.

right, this is another pile of shite that needs to be addressed. the worth of a player to nufc is NOT DEPENDENT ON WHO ELSE COMES IN FOR THE PLAYER. it's dependent on his importance to the team he plays for currently, that would be newcastle united.

Who gives a f***.

I totally agree we shouldn't be giving him away for free, that's not what i was saying.

But at the end of the day, for all the time he has been available, only QPR have popped in to show any interest?  I think it proves Joey isn't as wonderful as he thinks he is.

It proves that we have signed these players to bigger contracts than many other clubs are willing to. They are all in the same position in regards to being aware of Barton & Nolans age and they arent all as stupid as West ham & Sam Allardyce.

I don't think anyone on here is kidding themselves and in Barton's shoes, most would do the same. It may well be true that in the end, we won't miss Nolan's goals and influence or Barton's set pieces and his way of generating team spirit. My own problem with this is simply the short-sighted way we're doing things, giving players away with no replacement in sight. That's not what was promised by this incompetent, lying regime. . .you NEVER give away a player without a replacement, and with only 7 days left to scramble for his likely lesser replacement ffs.

Permission to speak/forced out? He said all along he would only leave on a free but would be happy to see out his contract. Well we have been generous by removing any obstacles from allowing him to move and seeing as he's played the first two games, than that is more than enough from our side to say that he's not going to be left to rot, so I don't buy this being pushed out bullshit.

Good luck Joey. Hope you change your mind and stick around... but start talking shit about the club after you leave and I hope Warnock snaps your fucking jaw. :thup:

O0 I know. Personally I think Obertan is his replacement, but just trying to understand if this is how they are looking at it?

How anyone on here is happy/not bothered to see him leave is beyond me. Losing one of our best players and - most importantly - almost for sure, without replacing him.

if they can be happy/not bother with Ashley, i don't think they will unhappy about other things

I don't think that anyone on this board is happy/ not bothered about Ashley and some of the things that have happened during his tenure

i'm sure i always heard some say' thank god with Ashley, if not we'll be in Leeds position now"

We really better have a couple of signings lined up for before the end of the window. We just can't afford to be weakening the squad any more.

On that I think we can all agree on.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Why the f*** would he trust anyone from the club, AP included, if they said they would look at his contract again at the end of the season.

That is probably Joey's main thought, do i take a chance and stay to see or take the offer from Q.P.R. on the table, sentiment about how he loves us disappears when its his future he has to weigh up, hardly blame him like.

Absolutley on the same page mate

Even is he had a black and white heart he dosnt have a decision to make

How anyone on here is happy/not bothered to see him leave is beyond me. Losing one of our best players and - most importantly - almost for sure, without replacing him.

if they can be happy/not bother with Ashley, i don't think they will unhappy about other things

I don't think that anyone on this board is happy/ not bothered about Ashley and some of the things that have happened during his tenure

i'm sure i always heard some say' thank god with Ashley, if not we'll be in Leeds position now"

You could say that and be unhappy about the other stuff tho

we should have renewed his contract here in the first place and it wouldnt have come to this. it's fairly obvious he would've agreed to a reasonable deal as he's settled here and likes the club, the problem is that reasonable for mike ashley is 'take a pay cut, i dont care how important to the team you are'.

he'd easily be able to play at this level for another 3 years imo, wo are we hoping takes his place now btw? gosling? pathetic. i'm sick of this club being ran like a poundstretchers branch for f***s sake. we're forcing out one of our best players and meanwhile we STILL haven't strengthened in the positions we've needed to address for months, bumbling around trying to save every penny we can while the team is just left to cope.

stop being such clueless twats. pay what players are worth, renew contracts of players that are important to the squad. dont just gamble on cheap stuff that might work out man. we're better than this, f*** off ashley.

summed up very well. Don't see how anyone can argue with a word of that.

In between all the moaning, there might come something good out of it. With JB's wages of the pay-roll we might be able to (hold yer horses) up our bid for Pieter or Aly. Remains to see though.

Aye, Pieters will replace Barton. Good signing.

We have players like Smith, Harper (who isn't needed anymore), R. Taylor, Perch, Lovenkrands and even Best (clubs wants to get rid of) who are on our pay-roll.

Barton is one of the last ones to be sold as he is not only on the pay-roll, but also an actual football player which can't be said about Smith, for example.

Guest bimpy474

Replacing him with a player who will cost £3-4m is going to happen for me, i just cant see it, if were haggling over a million here and there for a lb or striker, cant see us buying a right mid sadly.

O0 I know. Personally I think Obertan is his replacement, but just trying to understand if this is how they are looking at it?

Scary thought. Would be ludicrous.

If he wanted security and to be settled, why would he uproot himself to London after 4 years in the North East?

Because as it stands he isn't getting a new contract so he will have to do that anyway after 5 years, his two choices are move now on a 5 year contract with someone else, or stay and hope for a new contract here, with Ashley in charge that isn't happening, he doesn't really have a choice tbf.

Or stay for that year on his current generous contract (something he is contracted to do), then get that 5 year contract with someone else.

Guest reefatoon

Who gives a f***.

it's the way small minded folk justify to themselves that everything is rosy at our club no matter who leaves, it's mind-numbingly predictable.

How and where did I say everything was rosy at our club??  I am small minded because I don't agree with a clown like you?  Get a grip fella, if anyone is small minded it's a little sheep like yourself that follows along with everyone else.

You could say that and be unhappy about the other stuff tho

sounds right, how can any human being would feel grateful with him  :lol: