Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

The rumours about Hughton being too close to the high earners looks like it could be true. Smith, Nolan, Barton & Colo only have a few weeks left until they are out the door. Along with jose, guti and possibly Carrol 

FYP

TBF, only Jose Enrique and Andy Carroll are irreplaceable, the rest of them can go at the right price. Obviously there are some you'd like to keep but for example rumours suggest Liverpool are after Jonas for £8m... :lol:..who wouldn't take that?

Now could be a good time for a fire-sale.

Shake your heed man, we wouldn't be where we are without these players they have got us here not ashley or pardrew.

We have a super thin squad and people are happy to see ?millions feed into ashley and not the squad from outgoing sales

Do you think we will spend 50% of the money we get from sales ?

Same players who took us down as well. They weren't good enough then and aren't now if were honest and why people fear relegation again. Getting Barton off the wage bill isn't top priority for me, like I said Smith needs to be first out of the door, but there are players on our books who's wages don't match their ability, Barton is one of them.

Bollocks. Alot of the players WERE good enough. We had better players than most of the teams around us. There are a number of reasons we went down.

1) Barton was injured for most of the season.

2) Colocinni was in his first year of English football and it took him at least half a season to adapt.

3) Him, and Bassong, both capable Premier League defenders werent helped by the fact we had a slow off the pace centre of midfield who couldnt attack and couldn't help the defence.

4) We had a number of players who werent interested enough, but thankfully they left in the summer.

5) The team had no leadership and was a shambles with managers who werent up to the job. Shearer and Kinnear especially.

6) Ashley left us managerless for about 8 of those games through the season.

7) Our squad was totally unbalanced with good players in most areas, but terrible players in the centre of midfield.

If you're trying to say the reason we went down was just because the players werent good enough, then thats wrong. A number of things came together which saw us missing out on staying up by ONE point.

I wasn't. End of conversation.

Saying "The same players took us down. They werent good enough then and arent good enough now" suggests otherwise. If you didn't mean that, I suggest you word your posts better.

The rumours about Hughton being too close to the high earners looks like it could be true. Smith, Nolan, Barton & Colo only have a few weeks left until they are out the door. Along with jose, guti and possibly Carrol 

FYP

TBF, only Jose Enrique and Andy Carroll are irreplaceable, the rest of them can go at the right price. Obviously there are some you'd like to keep but for example rumours suggest Liverpool are after Jonas for £8m... :lol:..who wouldn't take that?

Shake your heed man, we wouldn't be where we are without these players they have got us here not ashley or pardrew.

We have a super thin squad and people are happy to see ?millions feed into ashley and not the squad from outgoing sales

Same players who took us down as well. They weren't good enough then and aren't now if were honest and why people fear relegation again. Getting Barton off the wage bill isn't top priority for me, like I said Smith needs to be first out of the door, but there are players on our books who's wages don't match their ability, Barton is one of them.

Bollocks. Alot of the players WERE good enough. We had better players than most of the teams around us. There are a number of reasons we went down.

2) Colocinni was in his first year of English football and it took him at least half a season to adapt.

3) Him, and Bassong, both capable Premier League defenders werent helped by the fact we had a slow off the pace centre of midfield who couldnt attack and couldn't help the defence.

4) We had a number of players who werent interested enough, but thankfully they left in the summer.

5) The team had no leadership and was a shambles with managers who werent up to the job. Shearer and Kinnear especially.

7) Our squad was totally unbalanced with good players in most areas, but terrible players in the centre of midfield.

If you're trying to say the reason we went down was just because the players werent good enough, then thats wrong. A number of things came together which saw us missing out on staying up by ONE point.

Saying "The same players took us down. They werent good enough then and arent good enough now" suggests otherwise. If you didn't mean that, I suggest you word your posts better.

I really couldn't care less what you think tbh.

Losing Barton and not finding a suitable replacement means relegation.

His wages obviously we could do without and he's still clearly a liability, but there's no way we could get someone with his talent for whatever fee we get for him IMO. It's not like we'll be spending additional money on a superior replacement.

It's just typical to think of him being here all this time doing f*** all and then as soon as he starts earning his wages, we sell him. :lol:

:lol: So true.

For that £5 million we could probably get, off the top of my head, Kranjcar or O'Hara.

FYP

like :clap:

FYP

I really couldn't care less what you think tbh.

Ive no idea what you think, because you say one thing, then say you mean something else.

His wages obviously we could do without and he's still clearly a liability, but there's no way we could get someone with his talent for whatever fee we get for him IMO. It's not like we'll be spending additional money on a superior replacement.

It's just typical to think of him being here all this time doing f*** all and then as soon as he starts earning his wages, we sell him. :lol:

For that £5 million we could probably get, off the top of my head, Kranjcar or O'Hara.

Yeah but what would we get for the £2m Ashley releases?

Yeah but what would we get for the £0.1m Ashley releases?

fyp

Do not think we will sell, he has contributed so much this season.. we sell it is the start of the end.

So had Houghton, but he got shipped out.

As for the we sell statment, it was the begining of the end when ashley bought us tbh

Guest neesy111

Wonder if West Ham sounding out CMs means Scott Parker is gone in Jan?

To Whom though, can't find a club I think will be willing to buy him tbh.

Guest neesy111

Wonder if West Ham sounding out CMs means Scott Parker is gone in Jan?

To Whom though, can't find a club I think will be willing to buy him tbh.

Tottingham

Then I wonder whom Tottenham will be selling (25 squad rule), Jen-arse perhaps?

Guest neesy111

Talking of people going down thanks to transfers, W Ham replacing Parker with Barton would be suicide. Unless they go down anyway and buy him for the Champ I suppose.

Isn't this what we did :lol:

Newcastle willing to sell Barton

December 10, 2010

By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

ESPNsoccernet understands Newcastle United would be willing to let Joey Barton go in the transfer window because of his high wages.

West Ham are keen to sign the player and Newcastle have asked for £5 million, but the Hammers would offer only £1.25 million. The offer could increase to £2 million, but only on condition that Barton, 28, takes a massive drop in his £67,000-a-week salary.

A source close to the negotiations said: "It is clear that Newcastle need to balance their books and offload some players on big wages.

"Asking £5 million is fine, but West Ham won't pay anywhere near that amount, and would want the player to take a big drop in wages before anything can happen in the January transfer window."

It has been suggested that Barton, who has just 18 months left on his contact, would like a five-and-a-half-year deal at Upton Park. West Ham would prefer a three-and-a-half-year deal.

A Hammers insider told ESPNsoccernet: "It's Joey Barton's salary that kills any deal."

The impasse suggests that, if he does move on, East London is unlikely to be his destination and several other Premier League clubs are said to be interested.

Even if a move to West Ham were to be completed, the Hammers remain keen to retain Scott Parker.

Parker, 30, has attracted interest from both Tottenham and Liverpool but his £20 million valuation is almost certain to prove prohibitive. Tottenham, who offered £7 million in the summer, are as yet only willing to up that bid by £1 million.

Manager Avram Grant certainly expects to keep the key midfielder. He said: "I am confident Scott will stay. He is a good player for us. West Ham is a good club for him too. He has developed this season. Before everyone was saying 'it's not good that he's at West Ham', but this season has been his best so far so it's good for him to stay and he is good for the club."