Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Her next question should be - If he's so good, how come he's ending up at QPR?

The answer will probably be, what would you choose if your options were a) QPR  b) f*** all?

At which point she will say, why are QPR the only club that want him?

Yep.  Quite frankly I'm starting to doubt this whole "my gran is class" business Jonny. 

I don't think it's because he desperately wants to stay with us; he wants a longterm Nolanesque deal and knows he won't get it here.

I think he is getting twitchy because he was expecting QPR's interest to kick start interest from other, bigger, teams #wishfulthinking

So much for only leaving for a top side, Joey. :lol:

Not too bothered he's off, he's a decent player but not good enough to make up for the complete liability he is, add to that he's had one good season for us in the 4 years he's been here and that the majority of his assists came from dead balls that Cabaye will now take anyway then you're left with a player that is just not worth the hassle.

If Pardew is happy with Marveaux and Obertan on the right then put Barton's wages towards signing a new right back.

if pardew's happy with marveuax and obertan on the right he's a bloody idiot

How much have you seen of Marveaux to come to the conclusion he wouldn't be good enough to replace Barton in the starting 11?

none, his injury record over rules any form

Yet he's played more games than Barton since he signed for us in 2007, which makes your logic terrible.

yet he's coming back from a recent injury and hasnt been fit enough to be on the bench yet, whereas joey's played an effective role in both of our fixtures so far THIS SEASON. it's also worth pointing out that barton's injuries with us have often been as a result of challenges such as the 5 months out after cattermole, and a broken foot. Marveuax clearly has muscle problems, hamstring, groin etc

Guest sicko2ndbest

I don't think it's because he desperately wants to stay with us; he wants a longterm Nolanesque deal and knows he won't get it here.

I think he is getting twitchy because he was expecting QPR's interest to kick start interest from other, bigger, teams #wishfulthinking

Don't use twitterish you'll have the grammar police after you

Don't use twitterish you'll have the grammar police after you

comrades, join together

Guest Roger Kint

Really doesn't seem like he wants to go.

Sounds desperate for options but nobody else wants to know. McKay no doubt convinced him they would be queuing up for him when he put contract talks on ice.

Not too bothered he's off, he's a decent player but not good enough to make up for the complete liability he is, add to that he's had one good season for us in the 4 years he's been here and that the majority of his assists came from dead balls that Cabaye will now take anyway then you're left with a player that is just not worth the hassle.

If Pardew is happy with Marveaux and Obertan on the right then put Barton's wages towards signing a new right back.

How much have you seen of Marveaux to come to the conclusion he wouldn't be good enough to replace Barton in the starting 11?

Yet he's played more games than Barton since he signed for us in 2007, which makes your logic terrible.

yet he's coming back from a recent injury and hasnt been fit enough to be on the bench yet, whereas joey's played an effective role in both of our fixtures so far THIS SEASON. it's also worth pointing out that barton's injuries with us have often been as a result of challenges such as the 5 months out after cattermole, and a broken foot. Marveuax clearly has muscle problems, hamstring, groin etc

You're completely changing your stance here after I've pointed out Marveaux's appearances have been better than Barton's, he was on the bench vs Sunderland too btw.

The fact is both have had injury problems over the last few years so your point about one replacing the other because of his injury record is void, so it then comes down to ability and you've admitted you've seen nothing of him to pass judgement on him as a player, in fact looking at it like that I'm not even sure you have a point at all.

Sounds desperate for options but nobody else wants to know. McKay no doubt convinced him they would be queuing up for him when he put contract talks on ice.

He's probably wondering where the rest of the clubs McKay said were in for him are about now.

Guest Roger Kint

He's probably wondering where the rest of the clubs McKay said were in for him are about now.

Aye cheers for repeating that.

All seems a bit tragic really that he's going to end up at QPR. His character issues on the pitch/twitter carry on his ruined chances of going to "one of the bigger" clubs thats for certain. I love watching him play for NUFC but he's a total self publicist with his twitter carry on creating constant drama and often find myself thinking "just shut up and get on with playing football". That said I like the way he'll come on the radio and talk to pundits, fans alike. I don't however like the way he's positioned himself as some kind of club legend when in fact if you break it down most of his career here has been spent on the injury bench, in jail or general controversy.

Certainly a proper mixed bag of a player.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The facilities at QPR are a world away from ours

No matter how much you scrub, you cant polish a turd!

Guest johnson293

Interview with Barton for those who haven't seen it yet.

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,16426_7123797,00.html

Judging from the tone in his voice and his facial expressions, doesn't look like he's happy.

Then I don't see the big deal - if he's as unhappy with this prospective move as he seems, then he should just say 'thanks, but no thanks' and return to NUFC.... he is still under contract with us.

The fucken tramp is wearing the same clothes as yesterday.

He sounds miserable as fuck. Really gutted to be leaving for QPR, lol

You're completely changing your stance here after I've pointed out Marveaux's appearances have been better than Barton's, he was on the bench vs Sunderland too btw.

The fact is both have had injury problems over the last few years so your point about one replacing the other because of his injury record is void, so it then comes down to ability and you've admitted you've seen nothing of him to pass judgement on him as a player, in fact looking at it like that I'm not even sure you have a point at all.

it's a fact that both have had injury problems, but its not a fact that my point about one replacing the other is void, that's pure arrogance on your part. i'm not changing my stance, i'm applying context.

you're suggesting that when comparing the two marveaux's bad injury record is cancelled out by bartons, that's fair enough. but the context is barton currently being fit enough for first team duty while marveuax isnt, and marveuax's injury problems being muscle related and also very recent (while barton's been fit for a good while now) while barton's have mostly been as a result of challenges and broken bones.

it's not as simple as you're making out. and if pardew thinks it is, he's a bloody idiot.