Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

West Ham signing Nolan on a 5 year deal reaks of exactly the opposite of ambition to me.

Perhaps not especially prudent of them, but the intent of ambition is certainly there. Maybe they feel they can sell him on after two years to some other Championship side who feel he can do a job for them. :dontknow:

There's going to be another Championship club willing to pay him £50k pw at 31+?

Guest teepee

i didn't want barton in the first place. i wanted him out when he went to jail. and i am sick of his tweets

but - aside from the tweets - he has behaved as well as can be expected, and was a top performer last season. lastly, there is not fighting spirit and leadership left in this team..... disgrace!

Kinda liked Joey but can't help but feel he had to go as soon as the club  didn't offer him a contract extension.

As regards him as a player I don't think he is as good as he thinks or as good as the player we originally signed. He will be missed but I'm happy to try Gosling or a genuine winger in RM. I hope this enables us to get the LB and striker we need.

lastly, there is not fighting spirit and leadership left in this team..... disgrace!

There's no place for that at this club. Drive, ambition, pride, it leads to people standing up to Ashley and that's why it's crushed at every opportunity. Hughton was chosen because he was a humble guy who did what he was told, but through the law of unintended consequences he was a nice enough chap that he created a united dressing room where people would stand up for one another. That was too much power for Ashley's employees to have, so out the door he went.

truely worrying/depressing days. I could live with barton leaving IF he was replaced. I think we we will miss his personality/leadership on the pitch. Letting him go without replacement is not good...him in a 3 man midfield with toite and cabaye :snod:

Really liked the Santon link....just can´t see it happen like i dont believe we will see cissokho here....probably end up with pieters.....which i am little undecided about...doesn´t sound like "proper" quality with huge potential like for example Santon and Cissokho looks very likely to be a success in the PL.

The striker situation :kinnear: Well...a lottery ticket or a really young player with potential like Roux....is probably what we will see. Don´t believe we will get someone who is ready and good enough to go in and improve our attack...unless we buy the right lottery ticket.

A new:

LB - Santon who can cover both LB & RB will be too good to be true - Ashley, even if he is expensive it is still possible to make a profit later on. Cissokho unlikely....think we will end up with pieters coz he is cheapest and not coz he is the best of the three mentioned targets.

MC/MR - Bartons position...think we will really struggle in that area/position and in generel if he isn´t replaced.

STRIKER - will end up with a lottery ticket or one for the future.

More pissed off with the lack of replacement than losing Barton.

The 'Joey Barton Show' is in danger of overshadowing everything else the club does.

However, I will always be grateful to him for staying and getting the club back in the PL. Not sure how many of those players (Jonas, Colo, Nolan, Enrique etc) had genuine offers from elsewhere but they stayed to right a wrong so fair play.

More p*ssed off with the lack of replacement than losing Barton.

The 'Joey Barton Show' is in danger of overshadowing everything else the club does.

However, I will always be grateful to him for staying and getting the club back in the PL. Not sure how many of those players (Jonas, Colo, Nolan, Enrique etc) had genuine offers from elsewhere but they stayed to right a wrong so fair play.

That is the main point for me. Obertan isn't an adequate replacement for Barton.

Guest schmuck

So now we have 4 wide players including Fergie and they all prefer the left side. Jonas to the right? (Danny Simpson needs a grafter in front of him). Gosling? Or switch to a 433 with Ben Arfa cutting in?

Love this from the Journal

The Journal understands that Newcastle will seek to replace him but, on that front, nothing is imminent. The priority for the week remains recruiting a left-back and striker, with moves for a right midfielder to cover for Barton on the back burner.

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/08/25/alan-pardew-preparing-to-replace-joey-barton-61634-29298282/#ixzz1W1bsqmO1

"Nothing is imminent" should be our new club motto, printed under the badge in latin.

Guest johnson293

So now we have 4 wide players including Fergie and they all prefer the left side. Jonas to the right? (Danny Simpson needs a grafter in front of him). Gosling? Or switch to a 433 with Ben Arfa cutting in?

I always though Jonas was a naturally right sided player anyway, and only got shunted out left when we had Milner who played on the right - formed a link up with Enrique, and just got left there.

I think the most worrying aspect is that I'm now convinced we'll make a late window move for Stephen Ireland.

We're absolutely to the bone in terms of squad depth, so unfortunately (for us, but not you) - and I can't believe it has come to this - I don't actually think we'd sell him.

:-(

Guest sicko2ndbest

"After Queens Park Rangers got promoted Neil Warnock called me and asked me the situation with Joey and of course when Joey was rewarded with a free transfer by Newcastle he came on right away," McKay told Sky Sports News.

"Joey spoke to (chief executive) Phil Beard and spoke to Tony Fernandes, via phone and liked what he had to say and I am sure there is going to be a few more signings for Queens Park Rangers.

"Obviously it is a big wrench for Joey [to leave Newcastle] as he loved it up there and obviously he will miss all the supporters and all his team-mates.

"Time moves on, you just have to move on. Newcastle have got their plans and Joey has got his.

"Joey is very confident he can do very, very well for Queens Park Rangers I think he is a top signing for them."

That's always my main concern when losing an important player. Barton and Enrique so far

That's always my main concern when losing an important player. Barton and Enrique so far

It's no longer a concern for me, I stopped worrying "Will we replace them with someone as good or better" a long time ago.

It's no longer a concern for me, I stopped worrying "Will we replace them with someone as good or better" a long time ago.

Aye, I just notch another off the list of players we've got to register on September 1st.  I've no doubts we'll register 25 players, but think that 1/5 of them will not really need to be on the list.  :undecided:

i didn't want barton in the first place. i wanted him out when he went to jail. and i am sick of his tweets

but - aside from the tweets - he has behaved as well as can be expected, and was a top performer last season. lastly, there is not fighting spirit and leadership left in this team..... disgrace!

That's a pretty disrespectful attitude to our players, to captain Colo, to Saylor, to Tiote, in fact to all the players in terms of fighting spirit. Nice. :thup: