Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Think we need to get rid of the poll now.

I can understand that plenty will have thought he wasn't worth the effort when his off field issues were going on. But anyone who voted get rid because they thought he wasn't good enough wants their head examining.

I can understand that plenty will have thought he wasn't worth the effort when his off field issues were going on. But anyone who voted get rid because they thought he wasn't good enough wants their head examining.

He was pretty shite when he wasn't injured or in trouble. Been a revelation this season, but let's not rewrite history. He even admits it himself.

Guest Stephen927

Canny odd isn't it that two of the clubs best players and cult heroes were Big Sam signings :lol:

Nah, Ameobi has been at this football club since it formed. Watching. Waiting.

He was pretty s**** when he wasn't injured or in trouble. Been a revelation this season, but let's not rewrite history. He even admits it himself.

Disagree - no history is being rewritten, he was class at Man City when he got picked for England and he's simply getting back to that level.

This season he's been even better than he was at Man City.

On occasions yes - but he's got better players around him now. He used to run the whole show at City and they were absolutely nothing when he wasn't on the pitch

He was pretty s**** when he wasn't injured or in trouble. Been a revelation this season, but let's not rewrite history. He even admits it himself.

Disagree - no history is being rewritten, he was class at Man City when he got picked for England and he's simply getting back to that level.

He was good for Man City but not for us. When he then got into bother (and was frequently injured) I think it was perfectly fair for people to want rid of him. He was a waste of space on and off the field.

As mentioned he's said so himself so I don't really see the debate here.

This season he's been even better than he was at Man City.

they were absolutely nothing when he wasn't on the pitch

Kinda like us :p

He was terrible before this season, and I'd have happily got rid. I don't care what he was like at Man City, he literally gave us nothing.

He was good for Man City but not for us. When he then got into bother (and was frequently injured) I think it was perfectly fair for people to want rid of him. He was a waste of space on and off the field.

As mentioned he's said so himself so I don't really see the debate here.

I don't want a pedantic debate on this either and I did say I could understand why people might want rid of him because of the off field stuff.  He got what he deserved for his stupidity and he had a string of injuries and all that added together led to him not contributing much. He also got brainlessly sent off in our relegation season when he could have made a difference to us staying up. I'm not rose tinting this I was simply saying that I think purely as a footballer he's plenty good enough to play for us.

He was terrible before this season, and I'd have happily got rid. I don't care what he was like at Man City, he literally gave us nothing.

Played well for Keegan (wideish left) which was one of the few proper runs of games he had.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think he's been a top player for us this season but eventually we will have to look beyond your Bartons if we are to progress further because ultimately I feel, despite his good form and key role in our side, he is still and always will be an average Premier League midfielder. That said he is more than good enough for us at current and long may his good form continue.

Was never a red that tackle on Alonso.   :huff:

It wasn't necessary to even ask the question of the referee though. Decisions like that are frequently given. But the match was over, we were several goals down, there was no time left and he was only on the pitch to get some game time for the relegation avoidance run in.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think he's been a top player for us this season but eventually we will have to look beyond your Bartons if we are to progress further because ultimately I feel, despite his good form and key role in our side, he is still and always will be an average Premier League midfielder. That said he is more than good enough for us at current and long may his good form continue.

You could say eventually about all our players

Barton is a top 6 player when you look at some of the cm/rm that occupy that position for their teams.

He is definately better than average