Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's a completely unproven young player and non-geordie. He's a very easy target.

Unproven?!?! He has been playing long enough now....chucking in the non Geordie card as well....fucking hell grow some balls ffs & say just maybe he is not up to running the show in the middle as many & I guessing you thought he would.

Guest icemanblue

Still gets caught in possession and gives the ball away far too much for me. He had a better second half, though. Cracking no-look to Nolan for Carroll's goal. Certainly one of his better games for us.

For tonight

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

is that irony ?

No not at all, I thought he had a very good game infact a great game, he wanted the ball and showed for it alll the time, yes he did missplace a few passes but fkn hell when you pass it as many times as he did thats going to happen, yeah he got caught in possesion a few times but again when your on the ball as much that will happen too.

The world best CM still give it away and also get caught on the ball, he played very very well tonight.

He looked very accomplished tonight. He doesn't really stick out too often but most of our attacks are started by him getting the ball with very little on and picking out the right man in the right position. I love seeing him in the middle.

For tonight

is that irony ?

No not at all, I thought he had a very good game infact a great game, he wanted the ball and showed for it alll the time, yes he did missplace a few passes but fkn hell when you pass it as many times as he did thats going to happen, yeah he got caught in possesion a few times but again when your on the ball as much that will happen too.

The world best CM still give it away and also get caught on the ball, he played very very well tonight.

nolan was the better player tonight (and he was ok). i guess he;s an easier target and less people want him to do well though.

For tonight

is that irony ?

nolan was the better player tonight. i guess he;s an easier target and less people want him to do well though.

I thought Nolan also had a good game, backed up the attacks well, even more so when they went down to 10, led well too.

Because he played higher up the pitch and got the end of a few wasted chances? Nolan was average tonight.

nolan was avreage, no denying it, i said he was ok, got ahead of the forwards a couple of times (hiow ofetn does our midfield do that) looked to get on the end of stuff and made some good movement off the ball.....on the ball was ok, gave nowt massivly poor away and won a fair bit in the middle.

guthrie........prowled around the centre circle looking like he could do something without actually doing it, didn't defend or attack, made nolan look better than ok.

More like most people didn't see the game and only had what the radio commentary said to go on.

f*** that, most of us who went are in complete agreement that Guthrie pissed all over him.

yeah one attacked,defended,created a bit...one didn't....work it out.

Guest firetotheworks

I know a few people that refuse to acknowledge when he does anything well, and bring up something from a match when the entire team played badly, and then they moan about when people they know did the same with Enrique. It beggars belief.

It's a shame that wanting the ball, keeping the ball and then actually doing something with it seems to count for nowt then.

its a shame you missed the directing the play to the wrong side and misplaced passes whilst not wanting to leave the centre circle (that wasn't all he done , he done some good stuff but dont try and make out a slightly lower than ok game was anything more)

I thought that most of our good play initially went through him and i'm not the only one.

i thought most of our good play came when the ball got wide as little was happening through the middle,as much got there from the full backs as from the midfield.

not all a central midfielder has to do is sitting in the middle  passing, they have to aid the attack and defence....guthrie didn't, nolan did.

Not even gonna bother man, Nolan aided the attack twice.

he was ahead of the forwards at least three times, it's probabaly about 5 years since a newcastle central midfielder done that.....and defended.....and created a goal......and got into the position to score one.

danny didn't.

You said he was 'ok' mate. That last post sounds almost like an analysis of Zidane.

a central midfielder on a bad day should attempt attacking and defending.today nolan had lots of misplaced passes and poor control.

if my previous post made him sound like zidane then you never saw zidane.