Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I thought Inman was the young centre midfield hope?

How old is he?

Turned 18 just before Christmas.

Scored a cracker against West Ham in the Youth Cup the other week.

If you have seen him is he physically strong enough to step up for first team duty yet?

I've not seen him live for about a year so I'm not sure how much he has filled out in that time.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I thought Inman was the young centre midfield hope?

How old is he?

Turned 18 just before Christmas.

Scored a cracker against West Ham in the Youth Cup the other week.

If you have seen him is he physically strong enough to step up for first team duty yet?

I've not seen him live for about a year so I'm not sure how much he has filled out in that time.

He's tall, but I think he'd still get knocked about a bit, like Ronaldo in his first season over here.

Those players didn't survive, mate. They're all playing in the championship.

You must know that he means alongside some new players to fill the other spots.

Yes, obviously.  O0

Such as Routledge? Who ended up at QPR btw.

Let's not kid ourselves. We'll need 3 new midfielders and 2 new strikers at an absolute minimum to stay up.

Guest neesy111

Yes, obviously.  O0

Let's not kid ourselves. We'll need 3 new midfielders and 2 new strikers at an absolute minimum to stay up.

i would say 6 midfielder, no way do i want nolan and smith to be be even back ups

Yes, obviously.  O0

i would say 6 midfielder, no way do i want nolan and smith to be be even back ups

But Nolans our best player

Look at all the goals he scores

:fishing:

Guest Stephen927

Nolan and Smith I wouldn't mind as back-ups, just the wages they're on don't make it possible really. They wouldn't be playing as much and Nolan in particular wouldn't be as knackered with less games.

Yes, obviously.  O0

I haven't said we don't need to bring in those amount of players. Probably even more than that. But I've said that this list of players I've posted are worth keeping. Not that they would be in my starting XI week in week out.

It does seem like he's more suited to the anchor role if he's enjoying that role tonight.

If he keeps Butt out and it means we can sell on 60K a week Smith, yeah I'd take Guthrie there full time.  Does me we still need to find that attacking midfielder though.  Sorry, I know some people have issues with the words attacking and midfielder being next to each other.  :lol:

It does seem like he's more suited to the anchor role if he's enjoying that role tonight.

Didn't Keegan say that was his best position when he signed?

I would agree with that tbh. I think he'd have more time on the ball to do his stuff and he can definitely set up the play from there. Not sure he'll be able to stand up to a battering away from home though.

I would agree with that tbh. I think he'd have more time on the ball to do his stuff and he can definitely set up the play from there. Not sure he'll be able to stand up to a battering away from home though.

I dont know that he is good enough defensively for that? Provided we have players around him with legs they can use effectively for 90+ minutes, then it could work.

His vision and some of his long passing was promising last year, Barton is miles better though.

I dont know that he is good enough defensively for that? Provided we have players around him with legs they can use effectively for 90+ minutes, then it could work.

His vision and some of his long passing was promising last year, Barton is miles better though.

I would think they would work well together. Guthrie playing a bit deeper than Barton.

Guest firetotheworks

I think that's contentious. He definitely was, but he hasn't been for us yet.

Granted Barton has been dissapointing at best, not even close to his City days but he has demonstrated some class vision and passes, he has shown he has the ability, just not the consistency.

I still think Barton is miles better at picking out a pass. That said If I remove my head from my ass a little Guthrie has picked out a fair few decent crosses this year.

Guest firetotheworks

Granted Barton has been dissapointing at best, not even close to his City days but he has demonstrated some class vision and passes, he has shown he has the ability, just not the consistency.

I still think Barton is miles better at picking out a pass.

I'll have to take your word for that one, because I haven't seen it while he's been here, aside from Reading under KK. In that match Geremi looked like Zidane though.

I still think that the best central midfield combo is Guthrie and Barton, however shit he's been. After all he's been played wide regularly just like Guthrie, who's to say that in a side with ball players alongside him he won't look 100% better as well?

I'll have to take your word for that one, because I haven't seen it while he's been here, aside from Reading under KK. In that match Geremi looked like Zidane though.

I thought he was class against WBA and Villa last season. Drove the team forward by himself at times and that sort of leadership and influence is something that's been missing from the team this season.

Guest firetotheworks

I thought he was class against WBA and Villa last season. Drove the team forward by himself at times and that sort of leadership and influence is something that's been missing from the team this season.

:thup: Forgot about that one, him and Enrique were awesome that night.

anyone have any fears that if Danny has more games like tonight, that someone (probably Spurs or Villa) will slap in a £5m bid?

I really want him here.  Would happily see Smith, Barton, Butt or Nolan go, but I want us to keep Guthrie.