Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

He was ropey today and has been recently but the key question for me is what the f uck do we pay our wingers for? They dont take corners, freekicks, rarely cross a ball and pull out of tackles.  Its a good job guthrie takes the set pieces and is the scapegoat for the team to avoid showing how abysmal his midfield team mates are.

Yeah.... I just wanted to know why ronaldo now thinks that they're crap considering that, during our relegation season, he was calling for Guthrie to be included in the side for his set pieces.

That's all.

As i've said about a million times, we could afford luxury players last season. The PL is no place for midifelders who can't run or compete physically.

Very True, let me say this as well his ball control is quite frankly embarrassing.

He was ropey today and has been recently but the key question for me is what the f uck do we pay our wingers for? They dont take corners, freekicks, rarely cross a ball and pull out of tackles.  Its a good job guthrie takes the set pieces and is the scapegoat for the team to avoid showing how abysmal his midfield team mates are.

Yeah.... I just wanted to know why ronaldo now thinks that they're crap considering that, during our relegation season, he was calling for Guthrie to be included in the side for his set pieces.

That's all.

As i've said about a million times, we could afford luxury players last season. The PL is no place for midifelders who can't run or compete physically.

On the night when we beat boro 3-1 you were boasting about how you've always told everyone that Guthrie delivers quality set pieces, blah blah, etc.

But now.... you think they're shit.

Explain. Simple question.

Guest neesy111

That's all.

On the night when we beat boro 3-1 you were boasting about how you've always told everyone that Guthrie delivers quality set pieces, blah blah, etc.

But now.... you think they're shit.

Explain.

Haha, he calls me a clown for saying the same stuff.

I've always been a fan of Guthrie, thought he would turn out to be a pretty good Premier League player, but hole shit was I wrong. Maybe he will turn out to play for some bottom table teams for most of his career, but right now he belongs in the Championship. Maybe we can offload him in January for some funds? Wishful thinking, I know.

He looks chubby and that he's breathing out his arse after ten mins.

Said it before but the standard of physical fitness at the club has been poor for a long time. Too many of our players are carrying too much timber.

That's all.

But now.... you think they're s***.

Explain. Simple question.

Why are you using plural?  His set-pieces were far better in his first season. He's not shit, i've never once refused to acknowledge his footballing ability, but he's incapable of doing a job at this level because of his physical condition.

And this isn't kneejerk, i've been saying since the summer that Guthrie would have to improve physically to be able to compete. It hasn't happened, and he's actually looking even slower than before.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's a Championship player at best and brings nothing to our side. He doesn't protect the back four, he doesn't support the forwards, his passing is tippy-tappy at best, his set-plays poor and his lack of mobility and running extremely poor given his youth and the position he plays in, where as his shooting is none existent. One to get rid of along with a good number who are quite clearly not to the required standard.

Guest Heneage

Teeth girl needs to stop feeding him up.

Feeding his ego more like.

He'd maybe work in a 5 man midfield as a luxury player but then he's not nearly good enough for that.

Guest neesy111

Guthrie's set-pieces today in general were bad, he put in 1 decent corner in the 1st half for which shola should have done much better, but most of the balls in were either under hit or over hit tbh.

He looks chubby and that he's breathing out his arse after ten mins.

Said it before but the standard of physical fitness at the club has been poor for a long time. Too many of our players are carrying too much timber.

Alan Smith in particular looks like he needs a spell on the Slimfast plan, he's piled the beef on.

Needs to fuck off. Been shit since our relegation season when he was alright in parts.  Fucking liability now just like playing Smith is.

I'd rather play the youngsters than those two atm.

Obviously you missed the entire of last season then?

This thread is fucking embarrassing.

Guest firetotheworks

I still believe in him tbh. I'm convinced there's a very good footballer in there, but like I said last week; If he doesn't put the effort into developing, or isn't at least being told where he needs to develop, he'll fade away be another in a long line of could-have-beens.

Hes not been great at all since he came back from his last injury. Delivery today and against chelsea was terrible, something I always thought was one of his strengths  :undecided:

Got crocked which cost us a goal, his luck was out today