Newcastle United vs. Reading Pre-match thread K.O. 5:20pm *Live on Sky*

joeyt

Really looking forward to this, even though I know the attendance will be poor, but I'm quite optimistic after yesterday.

No idea who will be here next weekend, but I'd probably go with the same team as yesterday, replacing Shola with Barton or Guthrie and play Nolan just off Carroll. Hope Harpers injury isn't bad news but KI would still like to see Krul in goal next week.

Remember, we started with a 1-1 draw last year, then a 1-0 home win, but we ended up getting relegated.

Reading drew 0-0 with Nottm Forest yesterday, and apparently Forest were poor.

Howay the lads :indi:

Warning: The last match thread I started we lost 6-1

Krul

R Taylor  S Taylor  Coloccini  Enrique

Jonas    Smith        Barton      Duff

Nolan

Carroll

Subs:  Harper/Soderberg, Kadar, Guthrie, LuaLua, Xisco, Ameobi, Ranger

Krul

R Taylor S Taylor Coloccini Enrique

Jonas Smith Barton Duff

Lua Lua

Carroll

No chance like. We'll either get Shola s*** legs or Nob 'ead Nolan with Carroll. I'd also be tempted to throw in Geremi as well.

Be between 35k and 40k i reckon. And i think it'll be like that all season if i'm honest... 40k+ if we start winning games.

Krul

Taylor  Taylor  Coloccini  Enrique

Lua Lua  Barton  Smith  Jonas

Carroll  Duff

So the only change being Lua Lua in for Shola, and i wouldn't be surprised to see something like that happen. Putting Duff just off Carroll. Seeing as we're bound to be stuck with Duff (although i can't stand the bloke 95% of the time), i pray to God he's going to be of some use this year, and i have a bit of faith he might be. He's never gonna be a quality winger who can whip a ball in - but he can retain possession well and if we can get him running at players, he'll do alright this year.

I wouldn't throw Ranger in at the deep end just yet, though i'd like to see him get on from the bench if we're in a position to do so. No more of this 89 minutes malarkey.

Another encouraging if unspectacular draw on the cards i reckon.

Guest Heneage

What's the average time out for concussion? Looks like he took a good hard smack mind.

Harper

Taylor     Taylor     Colocinni  Enrique

Barton   Smith

Duff                                      Jonas

Carroll  Ranger

Deadly serious about Ranger, Ameobi offered nothing.