Carroll     Ranger

Prefer that

My preferred starting line up would be

Krul

R Taylor S Taylor Colicinni Enrique

Lua Lua    Barton     Smith     Duff

Carroll     Ranger

Prefer that

I would take Duff out, surely he isn't going to play. Jonas in for him. I don't want to see Nolan near the team but I think he will be. Also don't think Ranger will get starts against the top Championship sides, even at home. They are more likely to play him against the Barnsley, Scunthorpe & Blackpool's of this world. Which I think is sensible.

Anyway as far as results go, I can see us getting a 2-0 win here.

Guest Roger Kint

My preferred starting line up would be

Krul

R Taylor S Taylor Colicinni Enrique

Lua Lua    Barton     Smith     Duff

Carroll     Ranger

Prefer that

I would take Duff out, surely he isn't going to play. Jonas in for him. I don't want to see Nolan near the team but I think he will be. Also don't think Ranger will get starts against the top Championship sides, even at home. They are more likely to play him against the Barnsley, Scunthorpe & Blackpool's of this world. Which I think is sensible.

Anyway as far as results go, I can see us getting a 2-0 win here.

Actually i didnt even look at Ranger, I would pick Xisco. :-[

Guest Roger Kint

This game is going to be a real struggle. Hopefully the youngsters will stand up to the challenge.

I think their team will be younger mind. Lot of experience left them. Cant see too many of ours playing but surely it will give them a huge boost like when Carroll first came in.

So this will be the team if Saylor and Duff are out then?

Harper

Raylor Colo Kadar Enrique

Lua Lua Nolan Smith Jonas

Carroll Ameobi

Wouldn't be suprised if he sticks Nolan on the right and Barton in the centre.

Barton should start.

Coloccini has to start, but I wouldn't surprise me if Hughton had used Sky + for the game, heard Lawrenson's commentary and decided to leave him out

A good manager is influenced by nobody.

Tbh, I thought his performance was all over the shop. I hope to God I haven't been brainwashed by Mark Lawrenson.

Coloccini has to start, but I wouldn't surprise me if Hughton had used Sky + for the game, heard Lawrenson's commentary and decided to leave him out

Tbh, I thought his performance was all over the shop. I hope to God I haven't been brainwashed by Mark Lawrenson.

No you haven't, he was rubbish.

In which case Coliccini isn't going to play ;)

We really have to win as many games early on as possible because as the season goes on we'll drop to the level of the sh*t we'll be playing so i can't see us making any late charges.

You could see against WBA that we looked a little sharper than them (mostly), our players, sh*t though they are, are used to the pace of the prem where as the WBA players have spent more time in the CCC.

If we don't get on a roll we'll drop to their level before Xmas and then just fizzle out due to a small squad with no additions.

Can some one help me out here. I just bought tickets from the box office and it said pick them up from the box office collection point, I take it that is just the box office at the stadium? Sorry for the n00bish question. Thanks.

Can some one help me out here. I just bought tickets from the box office and it said pick them up from the box office collection point, I take it that is just the box office at the stadium? Sorry for the n00bish question. Thanks.

Yeah the box office at the stadium at the SW corner.

Kazenga LuaLua on standby for Reading game Aug 14 2009

KAZENGA LUALUA is on standby to make his first Newcastle United start against Reading. The Congo-born 18-year-old could be thrown his chance if Damien Duff is pulled out of the squad for the clash with the Royals following Fulham’s £4m bid for the Irishman

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/08/14/kazenga-lualua-on-standby-for-reading-game-72703-24442065/