The Premier League

Dave

Guest Stephen927

I enjoyed our game yesterday more than I enjoyed a game for a long, long time.

It feels kind of like you're together with a decent looking, really nice lass, but your ex is really f***ing hot but isn't much fun, but you still want to get back with her just because she's so much fitter.

This implies that you've been with more than two girls, which can't be true. There's no thread about it in general chat.

:lol: :lol:

I still don't know most of the Championship teams.

When i was writing the fixtures into my work diary, i wrote Preston in, then i looked back to the start of this year's fixtures.

I actually enjoyed saturday, felt totally different, the only thought i have for the Premier League is that i hope Sunderland do their usual nosedive and Micky Owen gets humiliated quite often, i very much doubt i'll watch much Premiership football.

I just hope that Everton do well and that Man U and Liverpool don't win anything.  That's really my only hopes for the Prem this season.

Other than that, I was thinking yesterday while watching the match that a few of Smith's tackles would've most definitely been called fouls in the Prem and they clearly weren't fouls.  You can tell that most of the players know that as well (except Duff/Jonas) because they get tackled and just get right back up to get on with business.  I think we will see a lot of long ball played by clubs this season but overall it will be more enjoyable than the Prem's diving pansies.

Teams I look froward to seeing play and how they do are Villa, Everton, Spurs and Man City. Oh and hope that Hull get relegated.

About the OP, even watching Premier League matches, highlights from the 90s is rather sad, it's so much softer now.

About the OP, even watching Premier League matches, highlights from the 90s is rather sad, it's so much softer now.

They show "classic" matches here on Fox Soccer Channel and that was what I noticed.  Even in 01 they were still letting so much more go and it made it more exciting.d

This banner that the Celtic fans took to Man City yesterday sums it up:

http://i28.tinypic.com/2ut0z9l.jpg

The irony. 

I watched the Coventry-Ipswich game last night and really enjoyed it. It was end to end stuff and no pussyfooting around. None of this diving around and feigning injury, just men getting on with it. Mind you, I am still trying to figure out how the hell Ipswich lost that game. They had some 20 shots to 6 at goal. Liked the look of the Coventry keeper Westwood and the yound kid Turner at centre half. Belive we should take a close look at him.

I also saw a lot of the championship games on TV here in OZ last year and for entertrainment value, it mwas really enjoyable. By the looks of things, any 3 from a dozen teams could challenge for promotion.