"Newcastle in for Tommy Smith" Talk Spurt - What ?

Guest Phil K

Guest Phil K

Christ almighty it just keeps getting worse.

This true ? Watford's ex Makem striker who doesn't score too often may go to NUFC ?

2 mill ? Eh ?

Is this just bull ? (I hope)

Guest Phil K

I'll hold my hands up to not knowing too much on him, on Wikipaedia it says last season he was "statistically named the Championship's top midfielder " (Thought he was a striker ?)

Guest Roger Kint

He got about 15 to 20 goals last season didnt he? Quite frankly i would have anyone romotely attacking at the minute but the fact we have nobody to buy/identify/care about signings makes this a non story.

Would prefer Huselkrup or whatever his name is though, again not that it matters.

Why would we start now anyway? We already missed out on Cox, Mattock etc. Even Cranie from Pompey went for a poxy £500k. Anything above Raylor at RB.

Its not a sad state of affairs that he would improve our side atall. Its a sad state of affairs that we got relegated. I said at the time, we can't be arrogant in who we go for. Go for players who will get us out of this league. So fuck if he's not a 'name', if he will do a job, get him!

Guest Phil K

Sad state of affairs the club has got into when he would probably improve our side.

Ain't it the sad and sorry truth ? Hell - I would improve this lot.....certainly in the boardroom.....

:facepalm: we don't have a manager so how are going to make a signing

Ask Talk Spurt.

Anyways - we've sold umpteen without a manager, haven't we ? :rolleyes:

Would be a good signing (As if we're going to get any)

He is a quality Championship player.

If we are to buy someone though, which I doubt we will, shouldn't we buy players that may be able to step up to the PRem at some point instead of a 29 year old average Championshit Striker.

Not when we need to get the wage bill down.

Premiership quality equals at least 50k a week

The only thing that stopped Tommy Smith becoming a great player rather than a good one is a lack of pace. He is a really good footballer but lacks pace.

f*** that, we have to get out of the division first then be ruthless. See Keegan, 1993.

Alot of the players he signed did well in the Prem.

Kelly and Peacock were my point (although Peacock left for other reasons).

Cole was signed when we virtually assured promotion, then he brought in Beardsley et al.

I suppose this only applies to the strikers as the rest of the team stayed fairly the same after promotion - but strikers are a different breed, there's loads of them out there who bang them in in the Championship but fair miserably in the Prem.

Would be a good signing (As if we're going to get any)

He is a quality Championship player.

If we are to buy someone though, which I doubt we will, shouldn't we buy players that may be able to step up to the PRem at some point instead of a 29 year old average Championshit Striker.

Not when we need to get the wage bill down.

Premiership quality equals at least 50k a week

Which planet are you from?  50K froma  prem player?    Maybe us in the past,  Beye wasn't even on 50k, so basically your saying Beye was not Premieship standard.  Top Premiership players are worth 50k+.  Ashley YOung isnt even on 50k either, infact I dont think any Villa player is so they obviously aren't Premiership standard.  Take a look at Everton's wage bill.

Honestly some of the things you come out with make me think you know sod all about football.

f*** that, we have to get out of the division first then be ruthless. See Keegan, 1993.

Cole was signed when we virtually assured promotion, then he brought in Beardsley et al.

I suppose this only applies to the strikers as the rest of the team stayed fairly the same after promotion - but strikers are a different breed, there's loads of them out there who bang them in in the Championship but fair miserably in the Prem.

Rob Lee, Kilcline..... I could go on, be better of Getting lovenkrands for nowt,

Rob Lee, Kilcline..... I could go on, be better of Getting lovenkrands for nowt,

Hence my point about strikers being different.