Damien Duff signs for Fulham, fee undisclosed

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the club can not afford the wage bill blah blah - he will tear this league apart and will create chances and score goals no chance of going back up if all we are worried about is the wage bill. If the fat twat took the offer on the table would not be his concern anway. Look foward to many years in the fizzy pop thats if we do not go down again.

Damien Duff. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you even watched him for the last few years in our strip?

To be fair we didn't play in the Championship for the last few years..

Is he going to try harder against worse opposition or something?

the club can not afford the wage bill blah blah - he will tear this league apart and will create chances and score goals no chance of going back up if all we are worried about is the wage bill. If the fat twat took the offer on the table would not be his concern anway. Look foward to many years in the fizzy pop thats if we do not go down again.

No he's going to be better against worse opposition, because, well... they're worse :lol:  Its not difficult like Dave :)

Guest antz1uk

Out of the current squad, there's no one I'd trust to place the ball in the back of the net when through one-on-one more than Damien Duff.

Sell Geremi - he's probably on the same wages.

Sell Butt - ditto.

There's worse players than Duff on those kind of wages.  We need players like Duff if we're to have ANY HOPE of being promoted again.

no good if noone wants to buy those players tho  :-[

Duff generally does well against lower standard opposition, as woeful as he's been. His lack of pace wont be as apparent in this league and he'll get more goals than Shola and Carroll in that team.

I wanted him gone in June but we have to face the fact that he's the best we've got or will get in that position, sad but true.

No he's going to be better against worse opposition, because, well... they're worse :lol:  Its not difficult like Dave :)

Not if he puts in the same pitiful effort he won't.

I can't get over how split this is. :lol:

Out of the current squad, there's no one I'd trust to place the ball in the back of the net when through one-on-one more than Damien Duff.

Sell Butt - ditto.

There's worse players than Duff on those kind of wages.  We need players like Duff if we're to have ANY HOPE of being promoted again.

You're really basing that on his goal last week aren't you? You muse be...because whatever bloody goal has he scored :lol:

Alright - who in the current squad has a better finish?

Sell Butt - ditto.

Indeed. We'd probably still get that fee for Jonas, so sell him and lose nothing instead of our top scoring and assisting midfielder last season.

Duff was putting the effort in at the end of last season aswell when the rest turned into fannies.

So Dave you think we will replace him?

I think the people who have voted for 'Keep' are resigned to the fact that we're not going to be sold and don't hold any hope in Ashley buying players. So might as well stick to what we got and try our best  :no:

Guest BooBoo

Sorry, not my question but i'll butt in regardless.

No. It'll be Lua Lua or a central midfielder out of position. Most probably Guthrie.

Sell Butt - ditto.

Indeed. We'd probably still get that fee for Jonas, so sell him and lose nothing instead of our top scoring and assisting midfielder last season.

Duff was putting the effort in at the end of last season aswell when the rest turned into fannies.

Duff was top scoring with a magnificent 3 but he certainly wasn't most assisting.

IMO Duff's main problem is lack of pace, something that isn't a problem when playing in the Championship.  Anyway no matter how you look at it the Championship is a far lower quality league were players who are barely good enough for the Premiership (whether through lack of ability or effort) often shine.  Amazingly I think Duff has the ability to shine in this awful league.

the club can not afford the wage bill blah blah - he will tear this league apart and will create chances and score goals no chance of going back up if all we are worried about is the wage bill. If the fat t*** took the offer on the table would not be his concern anway. Look foward to many years in the fizzy pop thats if we do not go down again.

It has nothing to do with effort when it comes to Duff. If anything he is one of the players who puts in the most effort. Thats not saying he's good, but in my opinion his effort isnt in question. Shearer wouldnt have been praising him at the back end of last season had Duff not been arsed.

We can't afford to sell him by the way because we have no replacement. Duff would be one of the best players in this league, and looking at our pitiful squad, one of the only players I can see getting any goals. They're not going to come from our strikers or centre midfield (maybe Barton appart), thats for sure. Remember, we arent likely to sign anyone.

We can't just sell everyone whilst sitting back bitter about last season. We would just be shooting ourselves in the foot.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If this goes through thats a potential

Owen 105k 5mil+

Cacapa 40k 2mil

Viduka 75k 3.7mil

McLoven 25k 1.25mil

Beye 40k 2mil

Martins 70k 3.5mil

Edgar 5k 250k

Bassong 5k 250k

Duff 70k 3.5mil

Over 20mil a year off the wage bill

we wont sign anyone so leave it

If Ashley is really looking to not sign anyone then obviously he isn't going to turn down this offer so its pointless to hope that'll happen.  I mean its a much more likely scenario for us to sell Duff and bring in a loan player to cover.

I think the people who have voted for 'Keep' are resigned to the fact that we're not going to be sold and don't hold any hope in Ashley buying players. So might as well stick to what we got and try our best  :no:

I change my mind on a daily basis about whether the takeover will happen etc to be frank. But even (or especially) if it doesn't happen, we can't afford him. He offers naff all and getting rid of him for £4m would be a nice, unexpected way of reducing the overdraft and wagebill.

As I said earlier, I see it like this:

1. Takeover happens, a decent replacement is brought by Shearer/the new manager.

2. Takeover doesn't happen, we're not going up anyway.

Whether it's 1 or 2, £60k off the wagebill for a poor player is a necessity.

Guest Wally_McFool

If Ashley is really looking to not sign anyone then obviously he isn't going to turn down this offer so its pointless to hope that'll happen.  I mean its a much more likely scenario for us to sell Duff and bring in a loan player to cover.

How many loan players can you have in a season?