Damien Duff signs for Fulham, fee undisclosed

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

yeah, let's repeat last season's mistakes by selling more and more players until we get relegated again.

We need Duff, simple as that.

Repeat and repeat again and again until it sinks in.

YOU CANT RETAIN PLAYERS IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP WHO ARE ON OR ABOVE 25k A WEEK.  DUFF IS ON A REPORTED 60k ISH.  IT WILL CRIPPLE THE CLUB

FFS.

Meanwhile having a squad of about 16 players is a sure-fire way to survival.

It won't cripple the club if we get promoted.

Its risky to gamble though. You're gambling with the club's future if we don't win promotion.

Take the money in this case.

Its too fucking late for that now, the time to save the club was last season.  And fat cunt blew it.  We simply cant afford to pay the wages of 60 k a week for one player and we've had far to many of these cunts.  Its not sustainable in the championship.

Stupid fuck face Ashley should have done this earlier in pre eason but has pissed about in his usual fashion.

yeah, let's repeat last season's mistakes by selling more and more players until we get relegated again.

Still amazes me that people think that's why we got relegated.  Because we sold a sulky tit who barely played and contributed nothing when he did, a hard working winger with no end product and a goal keeper.

Milner's got no end product? Fuck me. :rolleyes:

Are we really going to get into this again, for us yes no end product mate.  He can be the best player on the planet for Villa for all I care but he wasn't keeping us up by contributing no goals was he?  IMO losing him and Given weakened us slightly, having Hughton in charge weakened us massively.

Lets not get into this again, how many assists mate?  He can be the best player on the planet for Villa for all I care but he wasn't keeping us up by contributing no goals.

James Milner? ???

Are we thinking of the same player? He was joint 3rd overall in the Premier League last season for assists. The most was RvP with 11, four players on 10 (Fabregas, Gerrard, Berbatov and Lampard), Milner got 9.

Lets not get into this again, how many assists mate?  He can be the best player on the planet for Villa for all I care but he wasn't keeping us up by contributing no goals.

James Milner? ???

Are we thinking of the same player? He was joint 3rd overall in the Premier League last season for assists. The most was RvP with 11, four players on 10 (Fabregas, Gerrard, Berbatov and Lampard), Milner got 9.

Last season, for Villa  Like I said mate FOR US he produced nothing, his end product was terrible.

Whether he's good or not now for Villa doesn't interest me.  He might have improved his crossing now or maybe its just because he's playing in a quick team with lots of movement and the likes of Carew on the end of his crosses.  But the fact remains that considering he produced barely any goals for us selling him was not one of the main reasons we were relegated.

Are we really going to get into this again, for us yes no end product mate.  He can be the best player on the planet for Villa for all I care but he wasn't keeping us up by contributing no goals was he?

He was our best player under Roeder, and then Allardyce only used him on the left side of his lopsided 4-3-3 formation, delivering rightfooted crosses to either a midget or a fat blob. Of course he wasn't very productive! Neither would Solano be, if used similarly. If you didn't notice, the rest of the team was even worse.

YOU CANT RETAIN PLAYERS IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP WHO ARE ON OR ABOVE 25k A WEEK.  DUFF IS ON A REPORTED 60k ISH.  IT WILL CRIPPLE THE CLUB

FFS.

not if we get rid of players like geremi and shola who are, franckly, utter, utter shite in any league.

James Milner? ???

Last season, for Villa, right so was he going to keep us up by being good in Villa's team?  Like I said mate FOR US he produced nothing, his end product was terrible.

Even guys like Torres and Zlatan wouldn't find the net if they were playing for US! Just look at Bramble, Milner, Parker and pretty much everyone who has left us. They come is as world class players and turns out to be shit and when they leave they siddenylu come good again? coincidence?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I'd probably fuck Butt off before anyone if i was pushed.

No one's pushing you keep your sick fantasies to yourself

James Milner? ???

Last season, for Villa, right so was he going to keep us up by being good in Villa's team?  Like I said mate FOR US he produced nothing, his end product was terrible.

He didn't play for us last season so no I wouldn't have expected him to. Saying he produced nothing in his time here is just blatantly making stuff up. The season where we had Sibierski, he got about 10. So he had one poor season - fuck me, hang the kid. Did you see him set a goal up for England against Holland last night?

To be honest I'm not bothered about discussing how good or bad a player he was and why.  Just saying that when it comes to things that got us relegated selling the likes of Milner would be near the bottom of the list.

FFS.

not if we get rid of players like geremi and shola who are, franckly, utter, utter s**** in any league.

NOBODY WANTS THEM THO!

We are royally fucked man, looks like we aren't being sold so he is clearing the decks of high earners.

And unless a sticking super rich Arab takes over i couldn't see the supposed new owners wanting to pay 60 k a week to a single player in the championship.

Massive rebuild starts eeere, whether ashley builds it on sand or concrete is a different matter.

Cos the cunt has used jelly for mortar the last few years.

To be honest I'm not bothered about discussing how good or bad a player he was and why.  Just saying that when it comes to things that got us relegated selling the likes of Milner would be near the bottom of the list.

Yeah you're wrong though. Selling your best players is generally a pretty guaranteed way of getting relegated.

Guest Stephen927

The 06-07 season Milner was brilliant for us, was absolutely pivotal in keeping us up. The season after he was poor but most were under Allardyce, and considering he was deployed as a left winger a fair bit too in a team where virtually all passes were long and through the middle...

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Selling Milner and Schweinsteiger's betrayal on his promise to Keegan triggered Kevin's exit which was A CONSIDERABLE factor in us being relegated.

FFS.

not if we get rid of players like geremi and shola who are, franckly, utter, utter s**** in any league.

NOBODY WANTS THEM THO!

We are royally f***ed man, looks like we aren't being sold so he is clearing the decks of high earners.

And unless a stinking super rich Arab takes over i couldn't see the supposed new owners wanting to pay 60 k a week to a single player in the championship.

Massive rebuild starts here, whether ashley builds it on sand or concrete is a different matter.

Cos the c*** has used jelly for mortar the last few years.

Guest Stephen927

Ugh.

Leave it. What is the point in getting rid. Our squad is so f***ing thin.

Cos he is on 60k a week or near abounce.

jesus in a jet fighter!

Its not sustainable.

Key word.