So say we got offered £4m for Smith

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Difference being Keane was quite good at playing football as well.

Alan Smith in the Championship = Roy Keane in the Premiership. Both top quality players at that level.

To say Smith is a liability because he may get sent off is absurd. Its his drive and passion that makes the odd red card possible.

Alan Smith in the Championship = Roy Keane in the Premiership. Both top quality players at that level.

To say Smith is a liability because he may get sent off is absurd. Its his drive and passion that makes the odd red card possible.

:jesuswept:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:mackems: :mackems: :cheesy: :idiot2:

How haven't you been banned yet?

People have really taken to him, eh? :D

Call me a cynic if you will, but he's still fucking shite. However, if he can do an adequate job for us in this league and we can afford to keep him and his wages then let him play his heart out.

Still a bit of a liability as far as I'm concerned. He's going to get sent off in one of these games and leave us in the shit.

Could quite easily have been sent off against WBA and was just one tackle away from going again last night. It's just a matter of time before he goes - which means Butt will walk back in. :hmm:

He's either a liability or just fucking thick. Take your pick.

Smith is the only defensive midfielder we have that can actually put any pressure on the opposition.

Nolan & Butt can barely run, let alone keep up with passes. Butt showed that endlessly last season, we have had a go at both for being invisible during games now.

Yet now because smith is over the top he's completely useless to us & a liability. Compared to the others he a godsend ffs.

Atleast you can moan at him for tackling badly, the other dont get anywhere near the ball to tackle in the first place.

Id much rather smith was playing.

Smith is the only defensive midfielder we have that can actually put any pressure on the opposition.

Nolan & Butt can barely run, let alone keep up with passes. Butt showed that endlessly last season, we have had a go at both for being invisible during games now.

Yet now because smith is over the top he's completely useless to us & a liability. Compared to the others he a godsend ffs.

Atleast you can moan at him for tackling badly, the other dont get anywhere near the ball to tackle in the first place.

Smith's pretty much the same.

Smith's pretty much the same.

Well i didnt get the opportunity to watch him against Sheff Wed but i havent seen that. At one point against reading he made a rash tackle that everyone was having a go at him for, while ignoring the fact that hed just cleared the ball himself from our goal line & then rushed out on his own to put the opposition under pressure while the rest of our side stood around looking clueless. So i think people underestimate what he may be giving us & focusing instead on his bad tackling. From what ive seen, hes of far more use than Nolan or Butt would be defensively in midfield.

sell! wages too high and not good enough if we should get promoted!

same situation as duffs imo!

sell all the deadwood we have complained over for ages and get a few new in before the windows shuts down! hopefully a takeover will happen soon and then in january we can buy new players with the potential for PL. it would also be easier to get good players if we heading for promotion!

sell! wages too high and not good enough if we should get promoted!

same situation as duffs imo!

sell all the deadwood we have complained over for ages and get a few new in before the windows shuts down! hopefully a takeover will happen soon and then in january we can buy new players with the potential for PL. it would also be easier to get good players if we heading for promotion!

have changed my mind on ameobi though....keep him this season! maybe we should loan jonas out if he doesnt wanna stay...if we get promoted im sure he will come back!

People either don't know what a good defensive midfielder is supposed to do, or simply overlook everything positive because its Alan Smith. Smith may get booked often but that's because he makes around ten crunching challenges every game. I want my defensive midfielder to tackle like Vinny Jones and if he takes the odd red card, so be it. Smith has taken control of each game so far and is key to promotion.

Doesn't justify his wages - get rid.

We don't have enough players to get rid. Other wise I'd be all for him f***ing off.

Reduces the wage bill and he's a liability.  I'd rather have Butt in there and we've still got Guthrie to come back too.

Doesn't justify his wages - get rid.

We don't have enough players to get rid. Other wise I'd be all for him f***ing off.

Reduces the wage bill and he's a liability.  I'd rather have Butt in there and we've still got Guthrie to come back too.

We need more than 3 senior midfielders for the championship season + cup games tbh.

Ridiculous, some of the people on this thread need a reality check.  Were a championship team this season, weve a player in midfield who is breaking up play and protecting our back four, and in captaining the side has produced 7 out of 9 points. And we should accept 4 million to replace him with who? reserve players? another championship player? who are we going to get for 4 million to do the job hes doing? Honestly get a fucking grip. forget the premiership for now, we need him in this league unless you want Butt in his place. Promotion first, cash later.