Newcastle v Sheff Wed - 19:45 KO 19/08/09 Pre-Match Thread

Fatwax

I'll be heading up in the morning for a couple of tickets. Hope the queues aren't bad.

They were way out the door today mate.

Just had a look on a Sheff Wed forum, millions of threads on us, its like their biggest game for donkeys years or something.

I'll be heading up in the morning for a couple of tickets. Hope the queues aren't bad.

They were way out the door today mate.

Just had a look on a Sheff Wed forum, millions of threads on us, its like their biggest game for donkeys years or something.

Will be the same for many clubs. That could be a problem, tbh.

(Based on Wednesday bringing a shitload.)

Yeah I thought that too but now its apparently only 3000 or so they are bringing so I went for under 40k.

I'll knock 2,000 off then.

You'll shit yourself if I'm right.

Yeah I thought that too but now its apparently only 3000 or so they are bringing so I went for under 40k.

You'll shit yourself if I'm right.

Looking on the map that gets updated we seem to have sold more tickets than we did for the other day.

or they have. their forums aren't happy at their allocation and there are lots of rumours of many owls in the home ends.

Why do we give a s*** how many people show up?  Are we in some big dick competition with Sunderland?  f*** 'em.

There could be five people there, as long as we get three points I am happy.

true but at the same time it's good to see that the "where were you when you were shit" may have its obvious put down.

Guest Heneage

You'll s*** yourself if I'm right.

Ryder said last week they wanted to bring 10k.

Stupid enough to let my sister have my season tickets for this one. Just had to pay £50 to get me and the girfriend in, great seats mind

Going for a 3-1 win, although I know very, very little about Sheff Wed

Why do we give a shit how many people show up?  Are we in some big dick competition with Sunderland?  Fuck 'em.

There could be five people there, as long as we get three points I am happy.

It's a bit of an ego thing.

It sends out a message. That message is that we're still the best supported club for miles around. Despite being in the second division and in turmoil we're still getting more people through the gates than the vast majority of clubs who have got things a shite sight better than us. 

Stupid enough to let my sister have my season tickets for this one. Just had to pay £50 to get me and the girfriend in, great seats mind

Going for a 3-1 win, although I know very, very little about Sheff Wed

Sheffield Wednesday

Over on the other side of t'Steel City, the team whose blue and white striped shirts sometimes make them look like those cheap off-licence carrier bags are experiencing something of a renaissance under Brian Laws. Two eyecatching new free transfer signings in the close season are ex-Mackem and Monkeyhanger midfielder Tommy Miller and central defender Darren Purse, once upon a time rumoured to be interesting Arsenal when he was at Birmingham. Wednesday's defence - which includes the young prospects Mark Beevers and Tommy Spurr - boasted the best home record in the division last year, but the real star is Marcus Tudgay, who won both the PFA Fans Championship Player Of The Year and Sheffield Wednesday Player Of The Year awards and who remains with the club despite a summer bid from Burnley. Opening day opponents Barnsley will need to be wary - the striker scored all of 30 seconds into Wednesday's last campaign. Or they could just hope he suffers another injury like the one sustained in 2006, when he missed the start of the season after standing on broken glass at a barbecue...