Chris Hughton

Keefaz

I almost feel reluctant to give Hughton any praise because I know Ashley's reasons for giving him the job are all wrong, but he has to take a lot of credit for setting the side out so well. We have been very organised so far this season and when you consider the amount of changes we have had to field that is credit to him.

Rather have Hughton than Shearer at this point.  He has the team better organized than they've been in ages. And they're playing hard for him when it counts...despite everything that is going on.  Four cleansheets in four games. When's the last time that happened?

But would much rather see a proven manager come in.

...anyone?

I'd much rather keep him than bring some knacker like Kinnear in, but I still think a proper manager and a couple of additions would have us walking this league.

Would you count Shearer in the bracket, out of interest?

...anyone?

I'd much rather keep him than bring some knacker like Kinnear in, but I still think a proper manager and a couple of additions would have us walking this league.

Would you count Shearer in the bracket, out of interest?

Pointless speculating as no proper manager worth his salt will even be considered by Ashley, with their pesky demands for funds and some form of backing.

Guest The Libertine

love our new found passing game. it really works infinitely better than that long ball shit we've played for years. for this, hughton/the coaches deserves massive respect.

Applaud the way he's keeping his head down and just getting on with things, rather effectively at that.

With everything that has gone on around him, he is one of the few to come out with some creditibility.

A very respectable man.

:thup:

Even if a new gaffer does come in they'd be mad not to keep Hughton at the club in a coaching role. The players obviously have huge respect for the guy and he's done a great job here so far.

Guest firetotheworks

Its hard to say no to a caretaker who has us winning and having only conceded 1 goal. That said, beyond the Championship he's not the man, and we need some continuity. I like him as a person from what I can see on the outside , and Ive gained a shit load of respect for him over the last few months.

If its a choice between him and Kinnear though, there's no contest. Kinnear would try to sell Enrique for a start.

Was good to hear a small bout of "There's only one Chrissy Hughton" tonight towards the end of the game. I'd still sooner wait until a new manager is brought in, just so Ashley doesn't get any ideas, before singing his name, but it would be fitting if the whole crowd sang his name in Shearer's first game in charge when he's back to the role of coach.

Guest guinness_fiend

I have just watched Hughton's post-match interview from last night and can honestly say that I have the upmost respect for the man.  He has remained dingified and positive throughout his tenure and has the right balance of optimism and realism.  Whilst we undoubtedly have the strongest set of players in the Championship, getting decent performances out of players such as Smith is no mean feat (even if some on here will argue that this is down to him not being a Premiership player in the first place).

At this juncture, introducing a new manager could rock the boat slightly, especially one such as Shearer, who, as far as I can see it, will be learning on-the-job and largely relying on getting performances out of his players based on their respect for him. 

I hope that he wins the Manager of the Month award and that his good fortune continues after the international break.

Dot-com sum it up quite nicely:

It has been suggested that Hughton is in line for the August Championship Manager of the Month award - for taking the heat off the owner though, he really should be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize....

I have just watched Hughton's post-match interview from last night and can honestly say that I have the upmost respect for the man.  He has remained dingified and positive throughout his tenure and has the right balance of optimism and realism.  Whilst we undoubtedly have the strongest set of players in the Championship, getting decent performances out of players such as Smith is no mean feat (even if some on here will argue that this is down to him not being a Premiership player in the first place).

At this juncture, introducing a new manager could rock the boat slightly, especially one such as Shearer, who, as far as I can see it, will be learning on-the-job and largely relying on getting performances out of his players based on their respect for him. 

I hope that he wins the Manager of the Month award and that his good fortune continues after the international break.

Dot-com sum it up quite nicely:

It has been suggested that Hughton is in line for the August Championship Manager of the Month award - for taking the heat off the owner though, he really should be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize....

He's got the players respect and they are very motivated at the moment, something that was lacking under Shearer's term it could be argued. The question still remains whether this is just feelgood "let's make the caretaker boss" stuff that usually happens during a honeymoon period when players want their favourite installed. That's the worry.

Hughton said: "What I did believe was that this group of lads could show a real desire to want to do well, and I never felt it would be through lack of effort or lack of conviction [if they did not].

"What we didn't know was the division and what we would be up against on a game-by-game basis.

"I never felt they would show any less than they have shown; whether that would be enough to get us the amount of points we have got, I didn't know."

:dave:

no, he's s***

yes 7 points from 9 is s*** alright :facepalm:

he's s***

He's better than the last clown we had as manager

Didn't think Shearer was that bad tbf.

If he'd gotten us 7 points from the 8 games he was in charge we would still be in the premiership.

Can't blame him for that, completely unmotivated overpaid c***s is pretty much all he had at his disposal. If you really think Hughton is better than Shearer (pretty much guarantee we'd be winning games down here with Shearer too) then you need to book yourself a place in a loony bin.

You said it yourself, they were unmotivated.

Who's job is it to motivate them?

They appear to be just the opposite these days with a much weakened squad.