Chris Hughton

Keefaz

Guest sicko2ndbest

PROTESTS WON'T WORK

BOYCOTTS WON'T WORK

WALKOUTS WON'T WORK

Every decision that Ashley has made has already shown he doesn't give a f*** what the fans think, why would he suddenly start listening?

Like I've said time and time again, those actions will hurt the club before they hurt Mike Ashley

Jonny i would rather us go into administration than have this c*** at the helm.

Whatever it takes!

:lol:

?

PROTESTS WON'T WORK

BOYCOTTS WON'T WORK

WALKOUTS WON'T WORK

Every decision that Ashley has made has already shown he doesn't give a f*** what the fans think, why would he suddenly start listening?

Like I've said time and time again, those actions will hurt the club before they hurt Mike Ashley

Whatever it takes!

?

Hardly the most intelligent thing you've ever posted

Considering the last few games, especially the 1st half on Saturday.  Either:

The players are doing exactly what Hughton has asked them to, in which case he's fucking clueless

or

The players are taking no notice of what Hughton is telling them, in which case he's useless.

He's completely out of his depth, even at this level, and we will go absolutely nowhere with him in charge.

Guest sicko2ndbest

PROTESTS WON'T WORK

BOYCOTTS WON'T WORK

WALKOUTS WON'T WORK

Whatever it takes!

?

Hardly the most intelligent thing you've ever posted

Emotional posting, its very cathartic!

I don't think we'll go up now, I think the players will possibly lose any hope they may of had in being managed by a proper manager later in the season.

Was just thinking about the players response. I bet their shoulders dropped when they heard the news

I don't think we'll go up now, I think the players will possibly lose any hope they may of had in being managed by a proper manager later in the season.

Was just thinking about the players response. I bet their shoulders dropped when they heard the news

why? its no change from where we are now is it? Butt last week was in the chron saying hughton should get the job

why? its no change from where we are now is it? Butt last week was in the chron saying hughton should get the job

Generally the players seem to have gone out of their way to support Hughton being given the job full-time. They like him and will play for him. The question is if Hughton is a strong enough manager/personality to take control for himself.

Generally the players seem to have gone out of their way to support Hughton being given the job full-time. They like him and will play for him. The question is if Hughton is a strong enough manager/personality to take control for himself.

hes been strong enough so far and has handled the players well even barton

48 Hours after it appearing in the press that his calls for new players have "fallen on deaf ears", he talks to them about accepting the job. I'm afraid I cant see the players seeing that as the action of a strong leader.

Aye, he's been on fire, Barton, hasn't he?

Has bobyule posted his drivel yet to defend this decision?

2sheds has started for him.

Comprehension is not your strong point is it?

Nor is arguing yours.

'Says the Shearer lover'  :mackems:

I dunno I did a pretty good job on shredding your position on our last encounter when you couldn't prove 'I hated Keegan'

So try again, where have I defended this decision?

Take your time.......................................

Nor is arguing yours.

I dunno I did a pretty good job on shredding your position on our last encounter when you couldn't prove 'I hated Keegan'

"Why does it matter if he's a 'Shearer lover' or not?  Anyone can see Hughton's not up to the job regardless of whether Shearer is a good manager."

Answer this first.  Seems strange you'd even bring Shearer up, considering you harbour no ill feelings towards him... :facepalm:

so not up to the job hes been voted the best manager for the last 2 months?

He's been voted best manager while playing 11 players who played in the Premiership last season and too many of those games have been less than impressive.  Our weekly wage bill will be more than a lot of teams will pay for a full season.  We’ve got players who will more than likely play in the next World Cup and have a realistic chance of finishing well.

He’s got everything in his favour and he’s still dropped 7 points out of the last 9 and we’ve played just as badly in games we’ve won.

we're never going to win every game and its foolish to think we would. Fact is we're second in the league and hughton can claim a lot of credit for that, last season there was no dressing room harmony now we do have players who are playing as a team. Who would you have in who could have done as good?

Why give Hughton the credit, the team has won the games but they have hardly produced much to write home about.  The opposition is terrible and that is being polite.  As for the 2nd point, have a word with yourself.  They have barely strung two passes together recently.

Nor is arguing yours.

"Why does it matter if he's a 'Shearer lover' or not?  Anyone can see Hughton's not up to the job regardless of whether Shearer is a good manager."

Answer this first.  Seems strange you'd even bring Shearer up, considering you harbour no ill feelings towards him... :facepalm:

Jimmymag sat all starry eyed during Shearers disasterous 8 games in charge.

Suddenly the same man is an expert on bad games.

But that really has nothing to do with you does it?

Now that I've answered your question its your turn.

Found any proof yet to back up your twaddle?

Nor is arguing yours.

As I said, what does it matter what he thinks of Shearer?  You can't even deconstruct the argument he made without resorting to 'Shearer lover', everyone can see Hughton isn't a very good manager and never will be, hence why Spurs never kept him on whenever he was caretaker for them or why he's never before had a manager's job despite being 50+.

My turn then, how about saying sacking Robson is worse than appointing Hughton?  Sacking Robson wasn't the problem, appointing Souness was much worse, Roeder probably worse still.  Hughton's appointment would top Souness and Roeder's appointments never mind the Robson situation.

I can't see how anyone can logically say sacking Robson (when we could've easily found a decent replacement and not a manager of a team lower than us) was worse than the potential appointment of Hughton.  I can only think their ignoring the severity and stupidity of Ashley's decisions.  For what reason? Who knows.

Nor is arguing yours.

As I said, what does it matter what he thinks of Shearer?  You can't even deconstruct the argument he made without resorting to 'Shearer lover', everyone can see Hughton isn't a very good manager and never will be, hence why Spurs never kept him on whenever he was caretaker for them or why he's never before had a manager's job despite being 50+.

My turn then, how about saying sacking Robson is worse than appointing Hughton?  Sacking Robson wasn't the problem, appointing Souness was much worse, Roeder probably worse still.  Hughton's appointment would top Souness and Roeder's appointments never mind the Robson situation.

I can't see how anyone can logically say sacking Robson (when we could've easily found a decent replacement and not a manager of a team lower than us) was worse than the potential appointment of Hughton.  I can only think their ignoring the severity and stupidity of Ashley's decisions.  For what reason? Who knows.

Never mind asking another question where is your proof that I'm defending this decision?

Guest north shields lad

Well i was ignoring this thread until i heard before on BBC radio, that he is in talks now, and an announcement will be made within a week.

FML  :facepalm:

Nor is arguing yours.

Never mind asking another question where is your proof that I'm defending this decision?

I explained why it looked like you were defending the decision.  No-one in their right mind would say sacking Robson was worse than appointing Hughton (for the reasons I gave), it seems you're playing down what would literally be the worst decision in the clubs recent history and the only reason I can think anyone would do this is to try and defend Ashley.

Do you think it is a good decision then?

there is something I noticed just now reading the telegraph account of it all its the phrasing of how hughton put it

"The indication that I have been given by the club is that they would like to have discussions with me regarding my position at the club," Hughton said, "and I take that to mean they would like to turn a temporary role into a permanent one.

thats an awful lot of assumption in there

there is something I noticed just now reading the telegraph account of it all its the phrasing of how hughton put it

"The indication that I have been given by the club is that they would like to have discussions with me regarding my position at the club," Hughton said, "and I take that to mean they would like to turn a temporary role into a permanent one.

thats an awful lot of assumption in there

Aye. "Chris, can we have a chat about your position?" sounds like, "Chris, you're sacked."