Crystal Palace 0 - 2 Newcastle - 22/08/09 - post match reaction from page 20

Dave

So everyone loves Ryan Taylor and Kevin Nolan this week, then.

I don't see why it's so bad to slag people off when they play crap and praise them when they do well.

I guess if we don't want to be called fickle we should either keep slagging them off or keep praising them regardless of performances.

I don't see why it's so bad to slag people off when they play crap and praise them when they do well.

I guess if we don't want to be called fickle we should either keep slagging them off or keep praising them regardless of performances.

Spot on.

'Fickle' is a completely ridiculous concept anyway.

Our opinions are based on what we see. If someone has a good game, you can't just ignore it and continue calling them shit. That's worse than being 'fickle'

'Fickle' is a completely ridiculous concept anyway.

Our opinions are based on what we see. If someone has a good game, you can't just ignore it and continue calling them shit. That's worse than being 'fickle'

Agreed, but I think what Kenobi was perhaps hinting at was the dangers of over-reacting and suddenly looking past the players' extensive faults.

But fuck it, you've got 10 points from 4 games, and regardless of the shit off the field, that's an excellent start.

If that's what was happening then you'd be right, but it's not.

"Shola/Nolan/Taylor played shite today, he was awful" one week, then "Shola/Nolan/Taylor played well today, he was class" the next, would be people "slagging people off when they play crap and praising them when they do well".

But:

"Shola/Nolan/Taylor is shite, he's an awful player" one week, then "Shola/Nolan/Taylor is a fucking footballing genius, he's class" the next, would not be people "slagging people off when they play crap and praising them when they do well", it would be them being fickle.

Look back over the various threads on this forum and see which you think is the most prevalent.

Its so hard to judge a game from just listening to the radio, from what I could tell, Colo and Enrique were outstanding, Jonas not so good although I guess his pass to Ryan Taylor for his goal will go down as an assist, Ranger did not take the world by storm as we had hoped but :lol: well very early days there.

Am just chuffedits a 0--2 win, away from home boissed the game for large parts.

4 games 3 wins 1 draw, 3 clean sheets over the fkn moon.

:idiot2:

Yeah, I guess I could have put it like that and saved myself some typing.

Well unless you think the Chuck Norris stuff for Shola and the Nile Ranger ridiculousness is sincere I can't remember anyone on this forum seriously claiming any of our players are 'class footballing geniuses' for, well, years.

There's been a lot of 'they're fucking shite', but that tends to happen when you get relegated.

Its so hard to judge a game from just listening to the radio, from what I could tell, Colo and Enrique were outstanding, Jonas not so good although I guess his pass to Ryan Taylor for his goal will go down as an assist, Ranger did not take the world by storm as we had hoped but :lol: well very early days there.

3 games 3 wins 1 draw, 3 clean sheets over the fkn moon.

:laugh:

Guest optimistic nit

we were just too good for them, they didn't threaten at alll apar from on corners, we desperately need someone to get a head on the ball from corners because i'm not sure if we won one header from their corners during the game.

Ranger looked decent i thought.

Well unless you think the Chuck Norris stuff for Shola and the Nile Ranger ridiculousness is sincere I can't remember anyone on this forum seriously claiming any of our players are 'class footballing geniuses' for, well, years.

They've got a lot of 'they're fucking shite', but that tends to happen when you get relegated.

Sorry, I didn't think it necessary to add a disclaimer that I was exaggerating for comic-effect and that the words I'd enclosed in quotation-marks weren't necessarily actual direct-quotes. I was obviously wrong, I'll remember for the next time. O0

3 games 3 wins 1 draw, 3 clean sheets over the fkn moon.

:laugh:

:lol: fixed it

Guest optimistic nit

newcastle atmosphere was absolutely grade A brilliant for the entire 90 minutes. just felt like that needed a mention. :razz:

They've got a lot of 'they're fucking shite', but that tends to happen when you get relegated.

Sorry, I didn't think it necessary to add a disclaimer that I was exaggerating for comic-effect and that the words I'd enclosed in quotation-marks weren't necessarily actual direct-quotes. I was obviously wrong, I'll remember for the next time. O0

Wow, Dave. Are you on the blob mate?

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?t=189633

Post match on the Palace forums. Satisfying to read comments like:

"Today looked like a team that will finish mid table playing a team that will finish top 2. No grumbles with the result, they were class at times and took their chances, unlike us."

Hope we keep this up.

They all seem to think Smith was superb today. Promising.

Harper - 8 - Made some good saves, came out and took the pressure off a few times as well from crosses.

Simpson - 7 - Solid, didn't get forward too much but defended really well, looks athletic and strong in the challenge.

Colo - 7 - Decent enough, lost the flight of the ball a few times and miskicked a few but did well especially in the 2nd half when we were under the cosh somewhat.

Taylor - 7 - See Colo.

Enrique - 10 - Superb performance, strong as an ox, fast and only gave the ball away once from my count which for him is a big improvement. Him & Jonas looked dangerous all match. MOTM by a distance.

R. Taylor - 7 - Pretty good, his goal was sexual, passing was alright, corners were alright and got stuck in pretty well.

Nolan - 6 - He tries but he's unfit, and just not very good. Kept giving it away when we were in dangerous positions and his passing was way off. Nice finish though.

Smith - 9 - Excellent game from him, didn't try to be superman and go diving in everywhere as much today. Battled well, kept it simple and tried hard to keep us ticking over. As weird as it is to say, a captains performance.

Guthrie - 8 - Different team when he's in it, slippery and agile, good passing and linked up with R Taylor and Simpson well in the first half. Faded in the 2nd but lacks match fitness. Glad he's back.

Jonas - 8 - Links up with Enrique so well, looked like he could be arsed today and played fucking well, still not got that cutting edge in the final third but he's such an asset to the side.

Shola - 8 - Took one for the team today and played the lone role and for the most part did very very well. Held the ball up and jinked around when he had it and 90% of the time found a piss and cream shirt. Excellent.

Ranger - Did well I thought for a young guy trying to make an impression. Skinned their full back and cut it back to Nolan who fucked it, but looked strong fast and agile. And he's not afraid to put his head in where it hurts. Came on when we were defending the lead so was playing on the right of a 5 basically but did very well, encouraging.

Geremi - Got 5 mins or so, not bad, meh really.

Butt - Still thinks he's the English Iniesta, casually gave it away a good few times and was caught on the ball too. Might be lacking a bit of sharpness.

Overall, absolutely fucking delighted with that. Atmosphere was good, good banter with the Palace wankers in the stand to the left especially when some kid got ejected for fighting in their bit, took the police about 5 mins to get the cuffs on and get him out. :lol:

Looking forward to watching the highlights later.

:thup:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Harper - 8 - Made some good saves, came out and took the pressure off a few times as well from crosses.

Simpson - 7 - Solid, didn't get forward too much but defended really well, looks athletic and strong in the challenge.

Colo - 7 - Decent enough, lost the flight of the ball a few times and miskicked a few but did well especially in the 2nd half when we were under the cosh somewhat.

Taylor - 7 - See Colo.

Enrique - 10 - Superb performance, strong as an ox, fast and only gave the ball away once from my count which for him is a big improvement. Him & Jonas looked dangerous all match. MOTM by a distance.

R. Taylor - 7 - Pretty good, his goal was sexual, passing was alright, corners were alright and got stuck in pretty well.

Nolan - 6 - He tries but he's unfit, and just not very good. Kept giving it away when we were in dangerous positions and his passing was way off. Nice finish though.

Smith - 9 - Excellent game from him, didn't try to be superman and go diving in everywhere as much today. Battled well, kept it simple and tried hard to keep us ticking over. As weird as it is to say, a captains performance.

Guthrie - 8 - Different team when he's in it, slippery and agile, good passing and linked up with R Taylor and Simpson well in the first half. Faded in the 2nd but lacks match fitness. Glad he's back.

Jonas - 8 - Links up with Enrique so well, looked like he could be arsed today and played f***ing well, still not got that cutting edge in the final third but he's such an asset to the side.

Shola - 8 - Took one for the team today and played the lone role and  for the most part did very very well. Held the ball up and jinked around when he had it and 90% of the time found a piss and cream shirt. Excellent.

Ranger - Did well I thought for a young guy trying to make an impression. Skinned their full back and cut it back to Nolan who f***ed it, but looked strong fast and agile. And he's not afraid to put his head in where it hurts. Came on when we were defending the lead so was playing on the right of a 5 basically but did very well, encouraging.

Geremi - Got 5 mins or so, not bad, meh really.

Butt - Still thinks he's the English Iniesta, casually gave it away a good few times and was caught on the ball too. Might be lacking a bit of sharpness.

Overall, absolutely f***ing delighted with that. Atmosphere was good, good banter with the Palace wankers in the stand to the left especially when some kid got ejected for fighting in their bit, took the police about 5 mins to get the cuffs on and get him out. :lol:

Looking forward to watching the highlights later.

:thup:

Did you see DL there

Many anti ashley, pro shearer/moat chants?