Newcastle 4 - 3 Huddersfield Town - 26/08/09 - post match reaction from page 22

Dave

Guest sicko2ndbest

what a goal from Guthrie there

Was nicely taken.

I love watching him play tbh.

Agree, he has that element of class about him, similar to Barton. Would love to see those two playing with each other on a regular basis

Shit, just read that back :)

what a goal from Guthrie there

Was nicely taken.

I love watching him play tbh.

Agree, he has that element of class about him, similar to Barton. Would love to see those two playing with each other on a regular basis

still not sure of guthrie. went missing far too much last season. hoping for much better this.

Guest Stephen927

Before Guthrie has even recieved the ball, he is looking at where other players are and what he can do with it next. He's very assured in possession, his goal was brilliant.

Guest Stephen927

How obvious can it possibly be that Nicky Butt is an absolute hinderance to anything football related? Honestly, what a embarrassment of a footballer

Again he was trying to play it too clever, when the simple ball would have sufficed. He played it well to wide positions but anything other than the very simple things and he's a hindrance.

Guest firetotheworks

Just got back. Weird match. All of their goals were our fault really, or at least it felt that way. Even when we were 3-1 down I knew we'd win, which is a very odd feeling. Guthrie bossed the match for me, played very well. Enrique was good second half but was pretty poor second I thought.

Ranger was poor tbh. Early days though.

How obvious can it possibly be that Nicky Butt is an absolute hinderance to anything football related? Honestly, what a embarrassment of a footballer

Again he was trying to play it too clever, when the simple ball would have sufficed. He played it well to wide positions but anything other than the very simple things and he's a hindrance.

butt should do like smith does, win the ball pass it to someone else asap and keep it as simple as possible, shouldnt be allowed anywhere outside of our half

Just got back. Tbh the game was very frustrating and our defence/goalkeeper were awful. It seems it was better listening to it on the radio  :lol: but very relieved and pleased we got through.

Krul - 5 - Very poor decision making and looked shaky when had backpasses to him.

Raylor- 6 - Very average

Simpson - 5 - messed about with it too much in defence and definitely a RB and not CB.

Kadar- 5 - Very Nervy

Enrique - 8 - shweeeeeet this kid like. Lovely overlapping runs, a class apart.

Geremi - 7- Lovely touches at times, just doesn't move , nice goal

Nolan - 7 - Good tracking back and kept the midfield together

Guthrie - 8 - Very comfortable on the ball and nice passing . Great goal

Lualua - 7 - Good runs with the ball and decent crossing

Butt- 5 - shite

Ranger- 6 - very raw but a lot of talent there , very strong.

Subs:

Shola - 7 - Does what a shola does

Gutierrez - 6 - Mazy runs but still no end product

MOTM - Guthrie

what was the attendance?

Great effort that.

I think its the highest of the round.

Nah, its a disgrace that 29k stayed a home. Best fans in the world

yadda yadda

Fishing surely?

We had even less I seem to remember last season against Spurs.

Highest attendance of the round tonight.

Guest Stephen927

butt should do like smith does, win the ball pass it to someone else asap and keep it as simple as possible, shouldnt be allowed anywhere outside of our half

This is why it's absolutely paramount that we have Jonas and Guthrie in the team to play alongside the Smith or Butt. I think Geremi is all but finished fitness wise, but in possession he never took a heavy touch, was poor out wide though don't get me wrong, but with his pace and fitness that was fairly obvious anyway.

Get Guthrie and Nolan taking turns playing that free role behind the strikers and we'll be okay in most games.

what was the attendance?

Great effort that.

I think its the highest of the round.

Nah, its a disgrace that 29k stayed a home. Best fans in the world

yadda yadda

Fishing surely?

We had even less I seem to remember last season against Spurs.

Highest attendance of the round tonight.

It was a joke Gazza. You have literally no filter have you?

Krul- Shaky. Made some rash decisions. One good save in the first half and his distribution was decent both long and short. 7

Taylor- Poor. Poor distribution, 1 poor cross of note, poor set pieces, poor positionally. Return to form. 4

Simpson- Poor. Petrified by pace of their diving cheating bastard and was positionally very very poor. Distribution was very poor first half. Not a centre half. 4

Kadar- Same as above. More suited to Left back. Physically not up to it atm. 4

Enrique- Top class. 1 shaky moment first half when he dallied on the ball and was almost punished but other than that was superb. His passing was brilliant especially one of two in the last twenty minutes. When Jonas came on he was even better and their link up was unreal. 9

Geremi- Not bad. Not good by any stretch. Very nice finish. Looked scared to cross the ball at times which was strange. Kept the ball well and worked hard. 6

Butt- Shite. Of the highest order. Passed horribly, barely made a tackle. Didn't perform anything like a captains role when it was all kicking off at the end of the first half. The thing that annoys me the most is that he can't play the holding role. He presses the ball too hard and is then out of position and he can't play a simple pass for shit. 2

Nolan- Looked lost first half. Didn't seem to know where he was playing and was coming too deep. I blame this on Butt being shit. Second half he was very good. Took a real leaders role with the armband and played further forward as Guthrie could keep the ball. Did really well for Geremi's goal. Stole Sholas goal though so loses 1. 7

Guthrie- Excellent. A bit lost first half but scored a brilliant goal and was still probably our best player. Second half he was superb. Keep the ball, spread it about, broke up play. Set pieces were superb as well. None more so than the one that created the 4th. 9

Lua Lua- One or two good runs. No end product and barely featured in the game. Jonas was a massive improvement. He looks like he doesn't really know what his position is. 5

Ranger- Poor first half. Mainly because he was isolated and we played aimless balls up to him. Was much better when Goala came on and could have nabbed one at the end but for some good defending. Held the ball up well and worked hard. Unfortunately he could barely kick the ball straight in the warm up so he loses 1. 5

Shola- Superb. Great off the ball. Worked his socks off. Held the ball up brilliantly and won every header. Looks a real goal threat as well and it doesn't look like he'll ever miss a pen. 9

Jonas- Brilliant little cameo. Skinned someone every time he got the ball and looked a lot more forceful in the final third. Really tried to drive for the byline. His link up with Enrique is nigh on sexual. 8

Donaldson- One awesome pass with his left to Ranger was about the only thing he did.

Overall a good exercise. Learned that Nolan off the front man at home is a waste of time. Guthrie is Iniesta in comparison to Butt, Ranger and Kadar aren't ready and that Simpson can't play centre half. Shola had better not be injured though.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Thats probably close on half a million in gate receipts for tonight 24k, most on £15 a ticket with some £20/30 tickets in the bar sections

We need to shoot Nicky Butt, f***ing hell he's been away from the team and they've been playing just superb, the minute he comes back we nearly lose to f***ing Huddersfield :lol:

I know man, i'd honestly be prepared to write off any manager who comes in and puts him in the team, he's so bad it's laughable