Peterborough vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Thread - CC - 22/09/09 - 7:45 KO

Crumpy Gunt

Guest toonlass

What would people prefer , winning the cup or promotion back to the premiership?

If we could win promotion to the premiership next season, I would take winning the league cup thanks.

We can have both; that said, I'm happy to see Coloccini and Enrique, in particular, sitting this one out.

Krul

RTaylor  Tozer STaylor Kadar

Geremi    Barton   Butt   Guthrie

Løvenkrands    Ranger

Edit: Not that we have a chance in hell of winning the cup anyway.

Our priority (and by about a million miles) is promotion back to the Premier League. We have a relatively small squad with a number of injuries already. If we give some youngsters a bit of experience and go out then it will probably help our cause in the long run.

That said, I'll still be hoping we win tonight as always and will be disappointed if we don't progress.

I agree with this.  I think promotion is paramount and giving the kids a chance at some good experience is important too.  However, if it appears that the game is too easily given away by the approach to the game, morale could be hurt.

I must say that if quite a few of the young ones play, I'll be doubly disappointed I can't see the game.  ESPN 360 is showing the Liverpool/Leeds game.

Bastards.

Guest Roger Kint

We can have both;

No chance man :facepalm:

Yeah, I agree we don't really have a chance. But we shouldn't be throwing out a bunch of kids.

So you would rather a first choice team? Madness

We can have both;

No chance man :facepalm:

Yeah, I agree we don't really have a chance. But we shouldn't be throwing out a bunch of kids.

So you would rather a first choice team? Madness

I'm not even sure the first choice team that Hughton has been picking is the best bet anyway, it's been overloaded with midfielders and light on forwards. Tonight is a good chance to go with two strikers although the balance of the team should still be right so it's not too lightweight.

GK: Krul

RB: Tavernier

CB: S.Taylor

CB: Tozer

LB: Kadar

RM: LuaLua

CM: Butt

CM: Donaldson

LM: Guthrie

ST: Ranger

ST: Lovenkrands

Subs: Soderberg, Baheng, Vuckic, Barton, Coloccini, Inman, Ferguson

I wouldn't be surprised if Vuckic starts ahead of Donaldson (only going by hype like) and maybe Geremi instead of Guthrie. Other than that I'd agree. Coloccini hasn't travelled I don't think though.

Guest geoffasenna

GK: Krul

RB: Tavernier

CB: S.Taylor

CB: Tozer

LB: Kadar

RM: LuaLua

CM: Butt

CM: Donaldson

LM: Guthrie

ST: Ranger

ST: Lovenkrands

Subs: Soderberg, Baheng, Vuckic, Barton, Coloccini, Inman, Ferguson

would think your about right there mate. but i reckon raylor will start and probs lovenkrands wont with wes taken his place