Peterborough vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Thread - CC - 22/09/09 - 7:45 KO

Crumpy Gunt

It'll be great if just one or two of these young lads come in the neet and perform well. We already had the likes of Krul and Ranger come in and show they have something to offer, so another couple would be a huge bonus. We look at our squad as a very thin squad which it is, but theres no reason why one or two of them can't shine and fill one or two gaps in our squad of players capable of doing a job in our first team in this league. Ranger has certainly filled up a position in the first team squad. It would be huge if Kadar, Tozer or Tavernier shone.

I want LuaLua to have a good game above all else, gives Hughton an excuse to play him wide right instead of putting a CM there.

Yep, completely agree. Hughton really p***ed me of on Saturday with his sibs. Not who came on, they were the right players...the people he kept on/ took off annoyed me!!!

It'll be great if just one or two of these young lads come in the neet and perform well. We already had the likes of Krul and Ranger come in and show they have something to offer, so another couple would be a huge bonus. We look at our squad as a very thin squad which it is, but theres no reason why one or two of them can't shine and fill one or two gaps in our squad of players capable of doing a job in our first team in this league. Ranger has certainly filled up a position in the first team squad. It would be huge if Kadar, Tozer or Tavernier shone.

That's my take on it as well. By being forced to play Ranger when Shola got injured we now know he is capable of at least doing a job at this level and we've added another striker to the first team pool. Who's to say that tonight we won't unearth another lad who we can use in league matches this season? Someone  like Kadar for instance might show that in an emergency he can come in and provide cover for Enrique.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I think we should try and have a good run in the cup, but using the youngsters. Its good for squad morale and a win will boost confidence and it gives the youngsters who don't get a start a chance in the first team to impress.

Guest geoffasenna

Tozers Starts arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. how manys michal-smith gonna score??? i say three

Source?

HP source ha ha ha

nah not saying but trust me

We can have both;

No chance man :facepalm:

Yeah, I agree we don't really have a chance. But we shouldn't be throwing out a bunch of kids.

So you would rather a first choice team? Madness

Don't think we should throw out a first choice team at all. Geremi, Ranger, and Butt are certainly not first teamers to my mind. And neither is Barton at this point. I'd like to see Hughton mix in some veterans with the youngsters (especially on the backline) and play those veterans in their preferred postions (ie. Barton in the middle, Løvenkrands up top.) 

Of course, we're not going to win anything; but we're better off making a good run.

Guest geoffasenna

Tozers Starts arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. how manys michal-smith gonna score??? i say three

Source?

HP source ha ha ha

7 changes from the weekend. tavs ozer and kadar start ve been told. dont want to say my source and certainly dont wanna be a ITK

nah not saying but trust me

Give us the team then if you're so sure

NUFC: Tim Krul, James Tavernier, Ben Tozer, Steven Taylor ©, Ryan Taylor, Peter Lovenkrands, Danny Guthrie, Ryan Donaldson, Kazenga LuaLua, Haris Vuckic, Nile Ranger

Subs: Kevin Nolan, Alan Smith, Geremi, Wesley Ngo Baheng, Ole Soderberg, Brad Inman, Shane Ferguson

official btw