Anyone still want Shearer?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fergie lost his first 8 games at Man Utd?

Wow you learn something new every day

Shearer didn't lose his first 8 games here.  The point I was making is that Fergie had a terrible spell but he was perservered with because you can't write a manager off for a bad run of form.  Unless you're an idiot, which you clearly are.

assuming its shearer who gets the job, this league seems piss easy so now would be the idea time for him to come in as he has time to find his feet and can learn from mistakes without too much consequence. hughton is obviously doing well but i'd rather it was shearer getting this experience/practice.

There's something in that. If we have to have Shearer, better sooner rather than later.

We've had Shearer as a manager.

In case you didn't notice he was shyte

And as you obviously didn't notice, I've already said I don't want him as manager.

But if we HAVE to have him...

The simple question for the simple poster is was this winless streak AT THE START OF HIS CAREER AS MAN UTD BOSS, YES OR NO?

If it wasn't at the start it's an idiotic point to bring up

And it's not idiotic to say a manager is ***** after 8 games?  You're the kind of idiot who gives Newcastle fans a bad name.

No clue about football.  :facepalm:

Is it only me who thinks that if Hughton is still manager at the end of the season and we're promoted that there's very little chance he'll be replaced next summer and it'd only be after a poor start to next season that they'd bring a new man in? If there is to be a manager change and we're going to get promoted then it'll need to be sooner rather than later before it gets awkward for them to replace Hughton. A bit of ruthlessness would be nice (well not for Hughton it wouldn't be), but does anyone truly believe they'd have the balls to replace him if he had got us promoted? I don't.

Houghton isn't a manager, he has shown that already this season when having to make tough decisions when we were a goal behind in games, and the inclusion of Butt speaks volumes.

I don't want Shearer here either, I think we need stability and experience. For me the two names who come to mind are Strachan and Bilic.

Is it only me who thinks that if Hughton is still manager at the end of the season and we're promoted that there's very little chance he'll be replaced next summer and it'd only be after a poor start to next season that they'd bring a new man in? If there is to be a manager change and we're going to get promoted then it'll need to be sooner rather than later before it gets awkward for them to replace Hughton. A bit of ruthlessness would be nice (well not for Hughton it wouldn't be), but does anyone truly believe they'd have the balls to replace him if he had got us promoted? I don't.

I've been thinking exactly the same thing. If he gets us promoted he'll have "earned his chance" and then we'll have to waste another season waiting for him to fuck up in Prem.

Guest iliketoonarmy

Houghton isn't a manager, he has shown that already this season when having to make tough decisions when we were a goal behind in games, and the inclusion of Butt speaks volumes.

I don't want Shearer here either, I think we need stability and experience. For me the two names who come to mind are Strachan and Bilic.

Bilic as manager would be cool ;)

Hughton has done well but he isn't a manager. Best time to take Shearer would be now as it'd give him time to get used to it in a piss easy league and give him time to adjust before the January window. Anyone that's taking the 8 games he had at the end of last season as any sort of indication of his managerial ability is an idiot; it was the definition of thrown in at the deep end. Considering the state we were in and the moral of the team I doubt there are many managers out there that could have pulled us out of that rut.

The simple question for the simple poster is was this winless streak AT THE START OF HIS CAREER AS MAN UTD BOSS, YES OR NO?

And it's not idiotic to say a manager is ***** after 8 games?  You're the kind of idiot who gives Newcastle fans a bad name.

Sometimes it's obvious that some people will never be an effective manager as long as they have a hole in their arse and it points downwards.

The list of ex-players who thought they'd make brilliant managers but were spectacular flops is as long as your arm.

Some of them didn't even last 8 games.............................................

EDIT nice dodging of the question.

I might aswell answer it myself, Fergies 8 game winless streak cameafter he'd been in the job 3 years.

What an idiotic comparison to make - I'm sure if he started off with Shearers record he wouldn't have lasted past his first Xmas.

Hughton has done well but he isn't a manager. Best time to take Shearer would be now as it'd give him time to get used to it in a piss easy league and give him time to adjust before the January window. Anyone that's taking the 8 games he had at the end of last season as any sort of indication of his managerial ability is an idiot; it was the definition of thrown in at the deep end. Considering the state we were in and the moral of the team I doubt there are many managers out there that could have pulled us out of that rut.

Doesn't prove he's any good, though.

Sometimes it's obvious that some people will never be an effective manager as long as they have a hole in their arse and it points downwards.

The list of ex-players who thought they'd make brilliant managers but were spectacular flops is as long as your arm.

Some of them didn't even last 8 games.............................................

8 games with that side & following that season is no basis to be making predictions about how good a managers going to be. A tough start to a managerial career is an understatement, he inherited a pile of crap low on confidence and probably wasnt experienced enough to be able to turn it around as quickly as needed. That in no way determines that he'd be a crap manager in the long run. Even then it took a piece of bad luck for us to get relegated.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Hughton

In all honesty though, Shearer is the only man to take us forward.

8 games with that side & following that season is no basis to be making predictions about how good a managers going to be. A tough start to a managerial career is an understatement, he inherited a pile of crap low on confidence and probably wasnt experienced enough to be able to turn it around as quickly as needed. That in no way determines that he'd be a crap manager in the long run. Even then it took a piece of bad luck for us to get relegated.

In no way determines that he'll be a good one either.

It's the managers job to instill confidence in a squad.

You don't do that by sticking with your old buddies.

BTW have you noticed that some of those same players now show genuine committment to the club during matches?

The 'pile of crap' excuse is no excuse at all given what's happened since then

Really don't see what your point is here, are we in a position to get a proven manager?

Really don't see what your point is here, are we in a position to get a proven manager?

The simple answer is: yes we are. There's loads of proven managers out there, or are we only going to be happy with Wenger or Fergie?

BTW have you noticed that some of those same players now show genuine committment to the club during matches?

Which is what? That we're getting better results against weaker sides? Yeah what a miraculous turn around.

Just because its the managers job doesnt mean you ignore the situation and write them off if its not instantly achieved.

Which is what? That we're getting better results against weaker sides? Yeah what a miraculous turn around.

Just because its the managers job doesnt mean you ignore the situation and write them off if its not instantly achieved.

Better results against weaker sides with a much weaker squad who are now far more motivated.

Get it right.

The whole teams workrate is up massively since last season, you can't put that down to weaker opposition.

Because the quality of the players left turned out to still be better quality than most Championship sides?

They then win games, they then get more confident so they work harder to get on the ball.

You can put it down to weaker opposition easily. Im sure Hughton has helped the situation, just as Shearer may have been able to.

Its not something you can state at this point.