Marlon Harewood

Dave

Guest Stephen927

Will cover for the injured Shola and the temporary departure of Xisco.

Fair enough, we want to give Ranger as much playing time as possible, but too much because we don't have any other options up front could be damaging for his confidence if he doesn't score in his next couple of starts.

Either him or Shola would compliment either Lovenkrands or Ranger very well, big man/little man combos.

Will also allow us to have another option from the bench. It's good to see youngsters coming through but I have little to no faith that the likes of Donaldson will be able to come on and have an impact on the game, Harewood would be a much more surefire thing.

loan him in for the bench and loan Ranger out somewhere he'll get first-team experience

This may come out stronger that I intend it to, but ARE YOU ON CRACK?!

We should not be loaning anyone out, as at this rate we might end up having to play Ranger at right-back at some point.

I think he just wanted to get the loan (lone) ranger gag in tbh!

Look at our options when Shola is out, we desperately need some more strikers. Lovenkrands gives us a different option and I'm sure that Harewood will too. Ranger never looked liked scoring last game (obviously far too early to judge) and Carroll hasn't looked like scoring all season.

Look at our options when Shola is out, we desperately need some more strikers. Lovenkrands gives us a different option and I'm sure that Harewood will too. Ranger never looked liked scoring last game (obviously far too early to judge) and Carroll hasn't looked like scoring all season.

Mentioned that before about Carroll. For all his physical strength, he never really looks like threatening the goal much.

Guest Roger Kint

Apart from his loan spell at Wolves, i think he has a pretty decent scoring record at this level. No harm in loaning him either, get him in.

Was his time at Wolves when they had massive injuries and went a few months with poor results? Have a feeling they won 1 in 10 or something around that time when their midfield was hit hard. Not necessarily his fault for not scoring for them.

Apart from his loan spell at Wolves, i think he has a pretty decent scoring record at this level. No harm in loaning him either, get him in.

Was his time at Wolves when they had massive injuries and went a few months with poor results? Have a feeling they won 1 in 10 or something around that time when their midfield was hit hard. Not necessarily his fault for not scoring for them.

I think so, was towards the end of last season.

If Harewood, Lovenkrands and Cathcart ended up here in the next week, I would be fairly happy with our transfer dealings, considering that we didn't lose any more players. We are still lacking a right winger, but with Jonas still here it's possible to operate with one winger I guess.

If Harewood, Lovenkrands and Cathcart ended up here in the next week, I would be fairly happy with our transfer dealings, considering that we didn't lose any more players. We are still lacking a right winger, but with Jonas still here it's possible to operate with one winger I guess.

Not ideal, but can Lovenkrands fill in there?

Guest Stephen927

Played left wing at Rangers when he first joined but his best form came playing as a striker. 

I think it's going to be Ryan Taylor with Simpson dropping to RB. Guthrie and barton will probably also get stints out wide I reckon.

Used to watch him at Forest when he was probably playing as well as he has in his career. Plays well about 1 in 5 matches, has a shocking first touch and is basically a Shola mkII (not in a good way.)

Just not very good - but I could understand the whole 'just get bodies in' mentality we suddenly seem to be craving for.

The priority is promotion, not giving Nile Ranger games.

Ranger and Carroll are very inexperienced. There will be weeks when Lovenkrands is needed out wide (we only have one natural winger!), and while Shola has started well, he's more than capable of a barren spell. Another option like Harewood would be very welcome in my eyes, we can't go far wrong on a 3 month loan.

Another option would be to bring in a winger so Lovenkrands is free to play up front. How about Arsenal, they must have some youngsters who need games? I do believe we'll be an attractive prospect for loan players, a chance to blood them in front of Premier League-sized crowds, we've got a small squad meaning the chance of regular games, and it's a chance for them to experience the pressure of expectation every week joining one of the league's biggest clubs. For managers like Ferguson and Wenger we represent a perfect place to loan their youngsters this season. The club may be run like a circus but we tick plenty other boxes.

The priority is promotion, not giving Nile Ranger games.

Ranger and Carroll are very inexperienced. There will be weeks when Lovenkrands is needed out wide (we only have one natural winger!), and while Shola has started well, he's more than capable of a barren spell. Another option like Harewood would be very welcome in my eyes, we can't go far wrong on a 3 month loan.

Another option would be to bring in a winger so Lovenkrands is free to play up front. How about Arsenal, they must have some youngsters who need games? I do believe we'll be an attractive prospect for loan players, a chance to blood them in front of Premier League-sized crowds, we've got a small squad meaning the chance of regular games, and it's a chance for them to experience the pressure of expectation every week joining one of the league's biggest clubs. For managers like Ferguson and Wenger we represent a perfect place to loan their youngsters this season. The club may be run like a circus but we tick plenty other boxes.

:sadnod:

IF Ranger can play the way he did the other might but do that alongside a striker like Lovenkrands we wills core lots of goals and he will get a shed load of assists, you don't see a young player put in a performace like he did then drop him.

Jonas is injured so play Lovenkrands out left and Ranger and Harewood upfront.

IF Ranger can play the way he did the other might but do that alongside a striker like Lovenkrands we wills core lots of goals and he will get a shed load of assists, you don't see a young player put in a performace like he did then drop him.

Of course you do, he wasn't even that great.

That's what I thought. People seem to be praising him but I didn't think he was anywhere near MotM. Was actually really disappointed with him

That's what I thought. People seem to be praising him but I didn't think he was anywhere near MotM. Was actually really disappointed with him

Link up play in the second half was very good, just like Carroll he never really threatened or got where you want your striker to be. Plus with someone who has a bit of pace like him his movement was really poor. Good to see he gives us another option up front though. Just think it is too soon for him as he seemed intimidated at times.

:lol:

Oh man the player knocking, if that had been Shola playing the lone striker role he would have given away freekick after freelick every time he tried to win the ball.

Nile held it up and brought people  into the game, never wasted possesion, put it on a plate a few times but our midfield hit piss poor shots apart from Guthrie for the goal.

Nile will learn a lot playing uptop with a Harewood or a Lovenkrands, dropping him now for eithger would be stupid if we are going to play the lone striker Nile would do a better job then both of those.

Get out.  He was superb, linked up play beautifully, was strong and in difficult circumstances was fundamental to us winning the game.  Did you expect Pele?

Dave! Dave! This is what I'm talking about! See?!

Sorry?

:lol:

Oh man the player knocking, if that had been Shola playing the lone striker role he would have given away freekick after freelick every time he tried to win the ball.

Nile held it up and brought people  into the game, never wasted possesion, put it on a plate a few times but our midfield hit piss poor shots apart from Guthrie for the goal.

Nile will learn a lot playing uptop with a Harewood or a Lovenkrands, dropping him now for eithger would be stupid if we are going to play the lone striker Nile would do a better job then both of those.

Agree with Skirgicus 100%.

Agreed - very moderate in first half(although worked hard), better in second ; has promise, but even more raw than Carroll - will be 2 years before he becomes a real threat ; and only then if he continues to develop. I saw Gazza make his debut at 17 and he was light years better than Ranger or any other young player. He DID have the ability to play at the top regularly, but Big Jack brought him through slowly, and that was the right way - NOT being thrown in for regular first team football.