Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

From what I have seen (very little) he is primarily a winger, can he play centre mid?

Don't think so unfortunately. He's very much a Winger/Striker, can play in behind a front man well aswell I believe.

Three pacey wingers in our squad though? I think I'd faint.

If we get Moses then send Nolan packing to some desperate loser like Phil Brown or Fat Sam.

Moses behind Shola or whoever. Routledge wide right. Guthrie and Smith central. Jonas left.

Would be a thing of beauty ...

from Daily Mail

And Newcastle boss Chris Hughton, who admitted he will be keeping tabs on Moses, said: "Neil is a very experienced, emotional manager. In Neil there is nobody better to guide Palace through the situation they're in. Moses is one we  will monitor.''

:smitten:

I love Chris Hughton.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crystal_palace/8463830.stm

Nottingham Forest and West Brom are the only clubs to have made official bids for Crystal Palace star Victor Moses.

The 19-year-old forward has been linked with a host of top domestic and European clubs, with Real Madrid said to be among the interested parties.

With Palace in administration, Moses is one of the club's most valuable assets.

"Forest and West Brom are the two clubs to have made bids for Victor," agent Tony Finnegan told BBC Sport. "West Brom's bid was for £1.5m"

Ahead of Palace's game with Newcastle on Wednesday, Brendan Guilfoyle, joint administrator of the cash-strapped London club, told Eagles manager Neil Warnock not to play Moses to prevent his injury.

"I could not sleep last night worrying that Victor might be injured in the forthcoming match against Newcastle which could jeopardise the future of this long-established club," said Guilfoyle in a statement.

"I therefore took the tough decision to instruct the manager that Victor Moses was not available for selection. The manager was very disappointed."

On Saturday over 20 scouts watched Moses when he played for Palace in their FA Cup fourth round 2-2 draw with Wolves.

Having gone into administration, Palace have no say on how much or which club Moses will be sold to.

"His price will go down with the club in administration," added Finnegan, who pointed out that West Ham bought Nigel Reo-Coker for just £500,000 after Wimbledon were put in administration.

Guilfoyle, a partner in the P&A Partnership of Sheffield and Leeds, has appointed agents to help him with player sales.

"Independent football agents have reported that there is a great deal of interest from clubs wanting to buy Victor Moses," added the P&A Partnership statement.

"A sale of Victor Moses could assist the administrators in securing the future of the football club."

The 19-year-old, who moved to England at the age of 11 after the murder of his parents in Nigeria, has been linked with moves to Tottenham, Liverpool and Wigan as well as West Brom and Forest.

Barcelona and Manchester City are also reportedly watching the forward, who can play wide or through the middle.

"I could not sleep last night worrying that Victor might be injured in the forthcoming match against Newcastle which could jeopardise the future of this long-established club,"

wtf? :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crystal_palace/8463830.stm

The 19-year-old, who moved to England at the age of 11 after the murder of his parents in Nigeria, has been linked with moves to Tottenham, Liverpool and Wigan as well as West Brom and Forest.

He needs to look at how much Routledge & Bostock benefited from a move to Spurs.

WBA is the best place for him. They play open and attacking football, give youngsters a chance and could have a shot at staying in the prem.

Spuds - Not get games, loaned out, like you say same path as previous players.

Citeh - See above but with less focus on giving him games

Forest - would be a regular 1st team player, would be joining a form team, will hit a brick wall 5,000ft tall if they enter the prem

Us - Would get some games, probably not enough for his liking, older players always picked ahead, crowd will be on his back for not being Pele, will get sucked in to the night-life by the bling bling brigade and amass to nothing his potential once promised.

West Brom have no chance of staying in the prem with that squad. Tbh, I'm not so sure they'll go up.

Best chance out of any of the teams chasing promotion right now.

How's that, they're in third?

They've got a massive squad, a board ready to spend and are in a good position to push on.

They've no qualms about going for players like Moses or Mattock, whereas we'll not go for him since his contract isn't ending or it isn't a loan deal. Forest are on a charge, just like Leicester or Cardiff before them.

This window's been a success so far, but a couple more would be good. We haven't actually gained anyone.

Still think we need a striker, minimum. I've almost officially lost all patience with Carroll; he's garbage.