Xisco's back

Crumpy Gunt

From the very limited viewing of both players Xisco is better than Best. Best has never been rated, he's never even had a good season at Championship level.

I was speaking to friend of the family who's worked as a scout on and off, he says he saw Best play when he was 17, when he was 20, and last season for us and that every time he's never looked like having an ounce of quality about him. We signed a poor player who'd had a decent purple patch tbh.

Atleast with Xisco he has some kind of pedigree, U21 Spanish international, played and scored at a similar level to Best prolifically. Aswell as a some kind of goalscoring history in La Liga for Depor. Plus, atleast he's scored a frikin goal for us.

If everyone who has watched him for the reserves says he looked like he couldn't be fucked I have no reason not to believe them. Most of them seem pretty level headed and I don't see why they would all lie about the same thing while having no real link to each other.

Maybe he wasn't uninterested just everyone hates him.

The goal for us, are you really counting that? :lol: maybe England's main problem this summer was overlooking nugent.

I'm sorry but it's another thing that instantly puts him ahead of Best, a tap-in in the Premier League is better than no goals in the Championship.

What a load of s*** :lol:

Best hasn't even looked like scoring man :lol: You know the season before we signed him he scored 2 goals in 32 games, in the Championship! It's an abomination that we've signed this mug and we're stuck with him for 3 years.

It's depressing that we're arguing over the virtues of these two very poor players btw.

If everyone who has watched him for the reserves says he looked like he couldn't be f***ed I have no reason not to believe them. Most of them seem pretty level headed and I don't see why they would all lie about the same thing while having no real link to each other.

Maybe he wasn't uninterested just everyone hates him.

People mostly have an agenda, man. Everytime i've seen Xisco on a football he's looked fairly clumsy and mostly off the pace. He looks like he's trying though. It's very easy to paint ineffective strikers, attacking midfielders and wingers with the 'lack of effort' brush.

Fair enough, I assume he just falls within the terms of the Luque dispensation act.

Xisco will do no wrong and any failure will be will deemed a failure of everyone but the player.

If only Best or Ranger were born somewhere a little more exotic :(

Fair enough, I assume he just falls within the terms of the Luque dispensation act.

Xisco will do no wrong and any failure will be will deemed a failure of everyone but the player.

If only Best or Ranger were born somewhere a little more exotic :(

It's nowt to do with where they're born man. They're both shite, just Best is proven to be even more shite. Xisco atleast has past 'achievements' going for him, while Best has absolutely nothing except being poor even in the Championship.

If it was possible I'd happily see them both replaced tomorrow morning, but if push came to shove I'd have more faith in Xisco doing anything in the Premier League than Best will.

The only thing Best has over Xisco is the fact that your pal signed him.

I was willing to give Best a chance and defended him several times when we signed him. But I saw him play several times with my own eyes, he's utter dogshite. Up against woeful Championship defenders like Anthony Gerrard and Jay DeMerit and the lad can't compete.

My pal signed Best? Fuck me he is a sly old dog, I wasn't aware any of my mates had that much power at Newcastle.

You are right pilko, far too tired for this nonsense now.

Will be very pleased if the lad turns it around, using the cliché for a second it genuinely will be like a new signing and will save us a lot of hassle. I wish him all the luck in the world to prove the doubters wrong :thup:

Either did hughton.

Not true.

When Hughton took over for Keegan, Xisco started all three games of his tenure as temporary manager-- losses to Hull, Blackburn, and West Ham. Also started a cup game against Tottenham.   Then Kinnear was appointed....and Xisco never started again. Came on late a couple of times.

Best must be effected by confidence or something, i imagine Hughton thought he could get some consistancy from him.

For coventry last season he got 4 in 4 games at one point, went 4 more games with nothing. Then got 3 in 3 games.

He can clearly score, he just stops doing it for some reason.

I'd rather play Xisco than Best for no other reason that being able to use the shit line "Panic from the Xisco" in match threads after he misses a shot.

Now that's a valid reason I can accept, there is quite a bit of Best punnage we mustn't forget though.

I can't stand this music after goals thing but the thought of 'Simply the best" belting out of the PA system if he ever did score would be amazing. 

Best must be effected by confidence or something, i imagine Hughton thought he could get some consistancy from him.

For coventry last season he got 4 in 4 games at one point, went 4 more games with nothing. Then got 3 in 3 games.

He can clearly score, he just stops doing it for some reason.

Answer: Lack of ability.

He was a bad signing from day one. A waste of money. Bookmark this and let me eat my words happily at a later date if he does manage to score a bagful of goals.

Either did hughton.

Not true.

When Hughton took over for Keegan, Xisco started all three games of his tenure as temporary manager-- losses to Hull, Blackburn, and West Ham. Also started a cup game against Tottenham.   Then Kinnear was appointed....and Xisco never started again. Came on late a couple of times.

That's the way I remember it.  I also remember Kinnear going off on Xisco in the press for failing to work hard to get to the far post in a training session, IIRC.  Then JFK buried him.