Xisco's back

Crumpy Gunt

Got to back up Chris on this one,  Xisco "performances" when he turned out for the reserves were nothing short of disgraceful,  yes he may have knocked in a few goals, couple of pens and tap ins but his general play, application and desire were basically shite.

Don't let stats overshadow his terrible attitude towards playing in the reserves and earning a place in the regular team. Yes, he was frozen out for nearly a year under Kinnear, however, if you were Kinnear and you saw him walk about the pitch as if he couldn't care less would you have taken the gamble? Chances are coming to Newcastle did that to him, but he allowed himself to be occupied by it.

Could he have done better to improve his own resolve? Of course he could, but he didn't attempt to as far as we can see. What makes its even more puzzling for me, is that he had 3 Spanish Speaking team mates in a similar situation to bond with and attempt to adjust to the new culture with. Which is why I can forgive Fabio Zamblera, since he was the only Italian at the club, though Coloccini could speak a little Italian.

I don't think it would've changed anything, i remember Luque given a "chance" by Roeder when he gave him a runaround with the reserves, scored two fantastic goals from long range, and it didn't change a single thing, he was still out of the team, i think its pretty hard to motivate yourself to play well when your team is managed by cunts such as Kinnear and Roeder. really hope Xisco takes this chance with both hands and proves himself.

So if everyone who saw him in the reserves says he was s*** and looked like he couldn't be arsed we can't question his attitude?

Purely on the strength of what other posters think? I'd need a little bit more than that before accusing someone of having an awful attitude.

Do you normally comment on performances you haven't seen, Jon?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I still can't decide if in the game he played for us beginning of the season if he was lazy or lost.

So if everyone who saw him in the reserves says he was s*** and looked like he couldn't be arsed we can't question his attitude?

Purely on the strength of what other posters think? I'd need a little bit more than that before accusing someone of having an awful attitude.

Every week. :fishing:

Every week. :fishing:

:laugh:

Jon has definitely seen at least two matches like. I know that for FACT.

The kid refused to play ffs.  Ronaldo still plays favorites & Xisco has always been one of his.  I remember watching a La Liga game on TV last season Xisco was dreadful & got dragged off, came on here  & Ronaldo was on here telling people about these great f***ing runs he was making :lol:

Does Leon Best deserve a second chance or is he just not foreign enough?

Haven't read much of this thread, and don't much want Xisco back or hate Best that much, but it's a bit different. One disappointed as a new arrival in a new country to a club playing in the Premiership that was overseen by some of the most incompetent people in football. Best was playing in the same league for the best team with one of the most settled squads it had had in years and was given quite a few goes up front.

How many starts has he made for us? He was also playing for a new time and alongside a partner who didn't compliment him at all.

I am not expecting much of Best if I am honest but the way some go on is mental.

Xisco has a fucking awful attitude, especially if he is earning as much as is being reported. I just don't see how he deserves a chance but Best doesn't. As I said, I am not expecting much of the lad but now he has had a bit of time to settle, will get a pre-season and then I think it's fair to judge.

Sympathetic to most of that, as I say I'm not a Best hater or desperate to give Xisco another go. Based purely on my skill as a judge of aptitude and character, I'd have rid of both in the circumstances, and if there was one that I'd like to be given another go for personal reasons then it would be Best, but if some man came back from the future and told me one of the two ended up being useful servants for the club and asked me to guess which, I'd go with Xisco.

Saw him play live in 'that' epic Leyton Orient friendly last pre-season. He wasn't the only one that day but he was absolutely dreadful. I'm normally a big fan of 'cult' so-called crap players (Maric, Andersson, Luque etc) but got no time for Xisco. Best for both of us if he moves on.

lets see how he does in pre season before judging him, i doubt we'll get many takers for him so if he can play some part and wants to prove himself then by all means let him show it, i do think he has some talent but its the will i doubt

The kid refused to play ffs.  Ronaldo still plays favorites & Xisco has always been one of his.  I remember watching a La Liga game on TV last season Xisco was dreadful & got dragged off, came on here  & Ronaldo was on here telling people about these great f***ing runs he was making :lol:

No I didn't, I said he made some good runs, stop exaggerating.

In an ideal world, Xisco would be nowhere near the club. He's no favourite of mine and £5.7m is an absurd figure for a player with his limited ability to impose himself on a game. However, he's comfortably better than Nile Ranger and Leon Best. In certain games he'd probably be a better option than Lovenkrands and he's got the genuine pace than Shola and Carroll most certainly lack.

That to me, suggests he shouldn't quite be the first out the door. And let's face it, we can't afford too many players using that door.

In addition, far too many on here have jumped on the 'awful attitude' bandwagon without having anything other than a solitary (and probably fabricated) quote to justify it.

i would love it for him to have come back a changed player and start banging the goals the in but i'm not holding my breathe, i think he'll be sent packing to the first team that shows an interest.

Geniune pace?!?!? He is faster than AC. As for Shola I cant say you have me thinking but I am not sure.

"After a difficult first year in Newcastle, this year seemed it was going to be more of the same and a good time to leave,"

"I even stopped playing in the last few days to force my exit.

"“If they hadn’t accepted the loan at Santander, I would have regarded my situation at Newcastle as hopeless. I had no luck from the time I arrived. People there didn’t want me in the squad and I didn’t understand why.”"

No doubt them quotes wont be good enough.....oh I see you got your defence in first by saying: (and probably fabricated)

Brilliant tactic, I will be using that :thup:

I still don't know just what exactly is indicative of an awful attitude. The fella was ignored for a year. He was faced with the prospect of another as a 5th choice striker in a Championship squad. I'd be willing to go to a few lengths to escape such a situation having been rated highly in my home country. That's of course if he actually said it.

Not saying he should be commended. But give me someone who desperately wants first team football over someone happy to sit back and watch the cash come in.