The Not-so-Untouchable Nicky Butt

Decky

How do people think he did Saturday? I thought he had a decent game all in all and seemed to cover a lot of ground.

Dunno what game you were watching like Jon, he was truly awful. Hope to god he isn't playing today

I think I must have my player ratings then Nicky Butt ratings and by his standard it was a decent game. He got in the way off a lot (not just our players passes) and for him didn't do too badly.

He got given the MOTM award by Sky on Boxing day.

http://www.blakeneymanor.com/images/carryon/shock.jpg

He was shocking on Saturday. The worst performance in a toon shirt since Geremi's at Scunthorpe.

It was like a throw back to last season when our midfield might as well not have been there. Everyone resorts to long balls because Butt is so shocking when we have the ball its unbelievable. The stats for us with but playing, then without Butt playing are very interesting.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'm really confused how he got the Sky man of the match award, got an 8 or 9 in most Sunday Papers, featured in most "Team Of The Days" and was considered "A class above" by Sheffield Wednesday fans.

Can't see him playing tonight mind, if Smith's fit it'll be a straight swap, especially considering his fitness levels.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He was shocking on Saturday. The worst performance in a toon shirt since Geremi's at Scunthorpe.It was like a throw back to last season when our midfield might as well not have been there. Everyone resorts to long balls because Butt is so shocking when we have the ball its unbelievable. The stats for us with but playing, then without Butt playing are very interesting.

What happened with Geremi at Scunthorpe? Due to the lack of coverage in the Championship, I rely mainly on the forums for non televised games which I can't go to.

I'm really confused how he got the Sky man of the match award, got an 8 or 9 in most Sunday Papers, featured in most "Team Of The Days" and was considered "A class above" by Sheffield Wednesday fans.

Can't see him playing tonight mind, if Smith's fit it'll be a straight swap, especially considering his fitness levels.

Maybe people who see him more regular know he is shit so anything bad he does is magnified "fuck sake, Butt again!"......?

There's a certain element of that, definitely. He's still awful though.

Somehow the people who don't see him every game just assume he's as good as he was when at Man Utd. Even if he's playing badly they just go on about his experience instead.

I think I must have my player ratings then Nicky Butt ratings and by his standard it was a decent game. He got in the way off a lot (not just our players passes) and for him didn't do too badly.

The same SKY for Whom Dion Dublin said there was no way that was a foul on Harper.

I think he still manages to intercept the ball and dive in for challenges which to the untrained eye make him look as good as ever. What people tend to overlook is the fact he's only lunging in because he's got no pace, and the only reason he's had to intercept is because he's given the ball away again with a shocking pass.

I really don't think he offers us anything at all on the pitch other than experience. But we could always play Roy Hodgson instead, he's got even more experience...

The same SKY for Whom Dion Dublin said there was no way that was a foul on Harper.

He would be in good company on here.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He had better not be fukken starting today. He's bad enough without his geriatric legs having to play two lots of 90 minutes in 3 days.

Today would be a bit much for the old man.

I don't think he will. Hughton knows he's limited in how regularly he can play him

• 4 weeks later...