Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

I think Taylors pissed off that he's hardly played since January.

How do you explain this then?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/08/22/article-1208336-06250087000005DC-866_468x630.jpg

22nd August 2009, Selhurst Park.  He'd just scored a screamer n'all.

Fun facts about Robben's current form:

- He has scored 15 goals in his last 17 matches

- All of which scored in a position as a right-sided winger

- Surely a feet even the most prolific strikers in the world would be proud of

- Along the way he picked up 5 assists in his last 17 matches in all competitions

- He scored a Maradona-esque goal in the semi-finals of the German Cup after dribbling 80 yards from own half to score a stunner

- He scored 2 goals on his Bayern debut in the competition against the German reigning champions Wolfsburg

- He scored his first hat-trick in his professional career in his last competition match where Bayern trashed Hannover 7 - 0

- Robben was bought for 35m euro's from Chelsea by Real Madrid and sold for 25 m euro's to Bayern

- Marca (Spain's leading newspaper) called it a 'Good sell' mentioning Ribery as a replacement (How ironic in hindsight)

- In Real Madrid's pre-season of this season (2009/2010) he scored 3 goals in his 4 matches in which he featured in a highly competitive squad

The new 'face' of ITV football:

Adrian Chiles quits BBC

http://www.wordmagazine.co.uk/files/u3/Adrian-Chiles_news_358x265.jpg

The One Show presenter Adrian Chiles is to join ITV and GMTV in a new four-year deal, it has been confirmed.

He will be a main host on the breakfast station and also front ITV's football coverage, including the World Cup, Champions' League and England matches.

BBC Breakfast's Chris Hollins is expected to replace Chiles on BBC One's weekday evening magazine show.

Earlier this month, Chris Evans was confirmed as the new presenter of The One Show on Friday evenings.

Chiles said he is "absolutely delighted" to be joining ITV.

"The chance to front ITV's football coverage and GMTV would have proved an irresistible opportunity at the best of times.

"But, coming as it did at an an awkward period for me at the BBC, it made the decision not quite as hard as it might have been."

He added that it was "no secret how disappointed" he was at the decision to alter The One Show's format, and said he would have been happy to remain at the BBC "doing the same shows on the same terms".

A BBC spokesman said: "We would like to thank Adrian for his contributions to his programmes and we wish him well for the future."

At the time of the announcement of Evans joining the show, the BBC said they were "keen" that Chiles remain part of the programme's presenting team.

They added that his contract was "still being negotiated".

Friday's new one-hour show will see Evans host alongside regular co-presenter Christine Bleakley.

Last year, Evans made his TV comeback appearing as a guest on The One Show.

Chiles' other presenting roles on the BBC include Apprentice spin-off You've Been Fired and Match of the Day 2.

The presenter is due to appear on the GMTV sofa five days a week from later this year, ITV said in a statement.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8629390.stm

whos going to present motd2 then?

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7205/garthcrookspicbbc601590.jpg

No such luck.

Colin Murray will present Match of the Day 2

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46885000/jpg/_46885188_007390733-1.jpg

Colin Murray will replace Adrian Chiles as the host of Match of the Day 2, his agent said on Thursday.

The Northern Ireland man already presents a number of sports programmes on BBC Radio 5 live, including Fighting Talk.

He has hosted TV football programmes on Five and anchored the BBC's coverage of the BDO World Darts Championship.

Adrian Chiles announced earlier this week that he was leaving the BBC for ITV.

Mr Murray, from Dundonald in County Down, began his career as a news reporter, on the News Letter in Belfast.

He started working for BBC Radio 1 in 1999 and has hosted music programmes on TV and radio. He still has a weekly music show on BBC Radio Ulster.

Match of the Day 2 is a highlights programme broadcast on BBC 2 on Sunday evenings.

Guest BooBoo

I'm sure I've heard this teaser before but who is the only player that played for NUFC in the 80s, 90s and 2000s? Been bugging me all afternoon.

Guest toonlass

Steven Gerrard's missus has been shagging Kris Commons. Stevie G is trying to get a Terry style injunction to stop the press reporting it allegedly.

Steven Gerrard's missus has been shagging Kris Commons. Stevie G is trying to get a Terry style injunction to stop the press reporting it allegedly.

Gerrard also has a 16 year old lass pregnant apparently. Thats all from the same guy who broke the whole Terry/Bridge thing a week before anyone else. Theres always rumours about his missus being rattled by another bloke mind so i'm not too sure, she does look like she's a terrific slag though.

Gerrard also has a 16 year old lass pregnant apparently. Thats all from the same guy who broke the whole Terry/Bridge thing a week before anyone else. Theres always rumours about his missus being rattled by another bloke mind so i'm not too sure, she does look like she's a terrific slag though.

About a month ago, I heard from someone who works at a tabloid newspaper that the papers have got a hell of a lot of Ashley Cole/Terry/Bridge type stories on England international footballers that they were planning to run in the build up to the World Cup.  This vaguely fits in with this Gerrard runmour.  We shall see..

About a month ago, I heard from someone who works at a tabloid newspaper that the papers have got a hell of a lot of Ashley Cole/Terry/Bridge type stories on England international footballers that they were planning to run in the build up to the World Cup.  This vaguely fits in with this Gerrard runmour.  We shall see..

Not like I care being a Scotsman, but do the papers do everything they can to jeopardise England's build up to a World Cup?!

Anyone read Andy Cole’s article in the independent today? He reckons there are only 4 toon players good enough for the PL. Joey Barton, Kevin Nolan, Alan Smith and……… Nicky Butt! :lol:

:facepalm: :kinnear: :dowie: :facepalm: :kinnear: :dowie: :facepalm: :kinnear: :dowie: :facepalm: :kinnear: :dowie: :facepalm: :kinnear: :dowie: :facepalm: :kinnear: :dowie: :facepalm: :kinnear: :dowie: :facepalm: :kinnear: :dowie: :facepalm: :kinnear: :dowie: :facepalm: :kinnear: :dowie: :facepalm: :kinnear: :dowie: :facepalm: :kinnear: :dowie: :facepalm: :kinnear: :dowie: :facepalm: :kinnear: :dowie: :facepalm: :kinnear: :dowie: :facepalm: :kinnear: :dowie: :facepalm: :kinnear: :dowie: :facepalm: :kinnear: :dowie: :facepalm: :kinnear: :dowie: :facepalm: :kinnear: :dowie:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Not like I care being a Scotsman, but do the papers do everything they can to jeopardise England's build up to a World Cup?!

Whatever makes the sales figures go up.

Anyone read Andy Cole’s article in the independent today? He reckons there are only 4 toon players good enough for the PL. Joey Barton, Kevin Nolan, Alan Smith and……… Nicky Butt! :lol:

You could have put those ellipses before all four names and it would still be funny.