Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Before anyone complains they said it was their ADVISORS they were announcing today NOT their main investors ;D

It's always been a bit vague, but it seems that 'backers' have morphed into 'partners' and now into 'advisers'. Presumably 'mates' is the next step.

Read the first email, it clearly says ADVISORS hence why i posted this to stop anyone talking bollocks, well done on managing to fail to understand it.

It still wont stop some the NO anti-NUST brigade trying to make it into some form of conspiracy.

To be honest I'm more concerned that they are using accountants from Leeds. Think of the petrol money being spent on the A1. I'm sure that there must have been at least one Geordie accountancy firm willing to do the work

(tongue firmly in cheek)

Hentons is a Sage Business Partner.

http://www.hentons.com/services/sage-support/index.html

Dunno if that's relevant, but Sage have been mentioned in this thread before.

Partner? Or do you mean advisor? Two completely different things, HF.

Click the link.  It's a word for word quote from their website.

Before anyone complains they said it was their ADVISORS they were announcing today NOT their main investors ;D

It's always been a bit vague, but it seems that 'backers' have morphed into 'partners' and now into 'advisers'. Presumably 'mates' is the next step.

Read the first email, it clearly says ADVISORS hence why i posted this to stop anyone talking bollocks, well done on managing to fail to understand it.

It still wont stop some the NO anti-NUST brigade trying to make it into some form of conspiracy.

To be honest I'm more concerned that they are using accountants from Leeds. Think of the petrol money being spent on the A1. I'm sure that there must have been at least one Geordie accountancy firm willing to do the work

(tongue firmly in cheek)

I was having a laugh at the expense of the spastics.

(tongue firmly in cheek)

I was having a laugh at the expense of the spastics.

Ah reet.

Soz.  I thought you were one of the spastics.  :doh:

This is what NUST said at the start of the campaign -

‘It is believed that this is the first stage of a 6 week campaign including advertisements, the opening of an advice shop in central Newcastle and the unveiling of high profile backers.’

I can't find that quote attributed to NUST.  It originated on True Faith who were reporting on the NUST.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/features.nsf/ab283684d03f231d80256b520047d321/05f16bc3fb51dd0e80257669007c3eba?OpenDocument

‘It is believed that this is the first stage of a 6 week campaign including advertisements, the opening of an advice shop in central Newcastle and the unveiling of high profile backers.’

I can't find that quote attributed to NUST.  It originated on True Faith who were reporting on the NUST.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/features.nsf/ab283684d03f231d80256b520047d321/05f16bc3fb51dd0e80257669007c3eba?OpenDocument

And to be fair you can't really hang anything on the 6 week comment regardless of where it came from as they've admitted they were a bit green and misjudged it.

:lol:

Nice one Bob.

(tongue firmly in cheek)

It just means they sell Sage software to their clients.

Nice one Bob.

You people are hard work sometimes.

It's on the NUST website. It's on the launch article from 9th November. Fifth paragraph down. Link -

http://www.nust.org.uk/the-ultimate-protest-confirmation-of-launch-of-the-yes-we-can-campaign

Nice one Bob.

It's on the NUST website. Click under 'Read more about the campaign'. It's on the launch article from 9th November. Fifth paragraph down.

http://www.nust.org.uk/the-ultimate-protest-confirmation-of-launch-of-the-yes-we-can-campaign

Whey provide a link yourself in future.  Even with the whole quote in google there's no returns of the NUST website.

Nice one Bob.

It's on the NUST website. Click under 'Read more about the campaign'. It's on the launch article from 9th November. Fifth paragraph down.

Whey provide a link yourself in future.  Even with the whole quote in google there's no returns of the NUST website.

Verbatim from the article Bob mentioned

"It is believed that this is the first stage of a 6 week campaign including advertisements, the opening of an advice shop in central Newcastle and the unveiling of high profile backers."

Happy?

Still think this is Pie in the sky nonsense really. At least the 'Magpie' group had significant funding in the early 90s - relative the economic situation football was in.

Can't see this being remotely successful and do worry about the perception of altruism of those involved.

Still think this is Pie in the sky nonsense really. At least the 'Magpie' group had significant funding in the early 90s - relative the economic situation football was in.

Can't see this being remotely successful and do worry about the perception of altruism of those involved.

Unfortunately until the NUST provide evidence of similar backing then there's not a lot else to talk about. If they've nothing at all it would be surprising they've dragged it out this far.

Nice one Bob.

Verbatim from the article Bob mentioned

"It is believed that this is the first stage of a 6 week campaign including advertisements, the opening of an advice shop in central Newcastle and the unveiling of high profile backers."

Happy?

That's my name don't wear it out  :coolsmiley:

Unfortunately until the NUST provide evidence of similar backing then there's not a lot else to talk about. If they've nothing at all it would be surprising they've dragged it out this far.

Dave, putting aside my negative perception of NUST, I think what they tried to do is to get sufficient number of fans to convince the corporate sector which in return will convince more fans and so on. That strategy may work in other areas but is extremely difficult when it comes to people committing cold cash, hence the long silence

No point arguing over what was supposed to be released and when. Bottom line is that they are speculated to have £50m worth of pledges. I think its been mentioned before, but about half of the pension related pledges might not make it into cash due to legal technicalities. You then have to factor in that not everyone who pledges will come up with the cash, as we haven't yet reached the stage where people have been asked to pay a deposit.

So in short, there isn't enough cash to buy the whole club, and then more importantly fund the club. The only way there would be enough, is if we miss promotion for a couple of years, the value then drops to sub - £50m.

The notion of being able to buy the club outright and elect a president should be ditched. It isn't going to happen. Concentrate on getting a stake from Ashley and srating a proper dialogue as a respected fans body. Once you've got that, more fans and backers may come on board in the very long term, perhaps enough to increase the stake.

I'm not sure how NUST could buy a stake when they've promised a return on the investment and Ashley is still putting money into the club.  Where would the return on the investment come from?

I'm not sure how NUST could buy a stake when they've promised a return on the investment and Ashley is still putting money into the club.  Where would the return on the investment come from?

Nonsense, man. He's making £7 million a month. Haven't you heard?

The Magpie Group consisted of high profile, successful and wealthy business people - exactly the sort of people NUST's scheme seems to be devoid of despite the claims they made earlier. The Magpie Group were also very widely, almost universally supported. This group do not have a great deal of support, despite their claims, as most fans see it a a pea-brained idea ran by enthusiastic but not particularly competent people.

I really hope a serious bidder comes forward to take the club on so we can end this NUST nonsense.

The Magpie Group consisted of high profile, successful and wealthy business people - exactly the sort of people NUST's scheme seems to be devoid of despite the claims they made earlier. The Magpie Group were also very widely, almost universally supported. This group do not have a great deal of support, despite their claims, as most fans see it a a pea-brained idea ran by enthusiastic but not particularly competent people.

I really hope a serious bidder comes forward to take the club on so we can end this NUST nonsense.

How do you know that?

From revenue when we're back in the Premiership I assume.  They're effectively looking at taking the fans money as a loan, so the club then pays interest on that loan to the fans.  When we were in the Premiership before Ashley came in we were paying nearly £10m interest on our loans every season.  But what they're proposing is a very low rate of interest in comparison to any normal loan so even a few hundred million pounds from fans would only cost the club a few million a season in interest payments.

As to money to run the club, I've said it plenty of times before but this club shouldn't need someone paying for it to survive if its run even half decently.  Obviously it hasn't been run even close to decently in a long time. Because of that we've been put in a shitty situation and IF we fucked up promotion then I'd ask the question how they would finance the club, as revenue vs outgoings would continue to be tight.  But as long as we return to the Premiership there'll be money enough to run the club (including transfers).  Also I assume that after they buy the club (in theory of course) they would continue to sell shares, which would add too our revenue further.

How do you know that?

OK a lot of people I know say that. Also wasn't it something like 6,000 pledges ? Hardly a ringing endorsment considering our support.

However you're right I should have expressed it as a personal opinion and not spoken on behalf of other fans. After all we've got NUST to do that for us haven't we.

I accept my chastisement.