Nott'm Forest 1 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 17/10/09 - Post-Match Reaction From Page 16

Dave

If we sucked any harder we'd be giving the Large Hadron Collider a run for its money!  It's like there's a bubble in the middle of our squad that just sucks talent, desire, skill and intelligence out of everyone in the club.

NUFC is the black-hole of good football!

We've been found out big-style now. Most of the teams we've played so far have looked scared of us, but in the last few games they've played without fear and we've seriously struggled, don't think there's going to be many easy points for us from here on in. We need to up our game if we're going to get anything out of this season, I'm not too sure we can though. :(

I'd say more our squad limitations have finally caught up with us. This is what you get for selling players and buying no-one. Doesn't help having only one winger. Thanks Ashley once again.

I cant even see us beating Scunthorpe. We're so useless going forward i'm not even sure I was us to get promoted.

Said earlier on. I've watched both teams today, and Newcastle have no chance on Tuesday.

Scunthorpe's midfield > Newcastle's midfield

We have no chance against Scunthorpe? :lol:  Righto go back to the rubber room now mate.

I cant even see us beating Scunthorpe. We're so useless going forward i'm not even sure I was us to get promoted.

Said earlier on. I've watched both teams today, and Newcastle have no chance on Tuesday.

Newcastle's midfield is worse than a majority of the  teams in this division if you ask me.

We have no chance against Scunthorpe? :lol:  Righto go back to the rubber room now mate.

Play like we did today and we will get beat. You do know Scunthorpe hammered Sheffield Utd today, right?

You watched both teams today then did you?

Knee and jerk somewhere in that.

Maybe the spastic performance of Newcastle's players or Hughtons managerial skills, but the recent performances have been getting worse and worse.

We HAVE been found out big time.

Always going to lose this one, were shite, got no strike force, defenders are injured and the mid has no shape, no creative, no spark and no backbone.

We are there for the taken and are so until at least January.

ROBBED BLIND OF A POINT!

Its been said time and time again but the level of refereeing in this league is an utter f***ing disgrace.

Lets face it Skirgey boy we just ain't even good enough for this league at present.

We need change and fast.

Knee and jerk somewhere in that.

Hardly, we've been found out in the last 3 games unless you're watching something totally different?

Don't understand the grief towards Jonas, at least he was making positive movements and passes. Everyone else was lethargically shit other than Taylor.

Aye, it was just that last kick of the game when he tried to take on his man and got tackled rather than whipping it straight in the box that annoyed me tbh.

Guest Heneage

Any chance of us getting a decent ref next game? If they aren't cowering to the home team when we play away they are afraid of giving us the decisions at home. It's shambolic.

If we had kept the ball on the floor in the first half and even looked like pressing them when they had the ball,we may have got something today.

This isnt a knee jerk but we have looked a bit poo for the last few games, devoid of ideas,lumping it forward and i fear for us a bit if we dont get it sorted out asap.

My worry is can Chris Hughton sort them out to play for 90 minutes.

Lets hope so. :dave:

If we had kept the ball on the floor in the first half and even looked like pressing them when they had the ball,we may have got something today.

This isnt a knee jerk but we have looked a bit poo for the last few games, devoid of ideas,lumping it forward and i fear for us a bit if we dont get it sorted out asap.

It's because of Hughton that they play like that though.

Badly missed Taylor and dare I say Coloccini at the back. Think Hughton thought we could dominate them at the back and went for power in Carroll and Harewood, with balls launched at them again and again from deep. It failed spectacularly with Forest gratefully mopping up. Shocking partnership on today's evidence.

The lack of wingers is going to be recurring problem this season and it seems teams have found us out. Just keep the full backs back and we've got nothing. We don't have the players to take on a man, get in behind a defence and cause problems. It's easy to defend what's in front of you. We will beat some sides through physical force and maybe even better use of the ball but being as one-dimensional as we are teams have found out that there is no plan B with us, we don't mix it up and they know exactly what to expect. We take off a big guy and put another big guy on. We take off a sluggish midfielder and put another one on.

As poor as we were in the first half, we should have got at least a draw as Forest were poor in the second and sat back inviting pressure. The balls in to Carroll and Harewood were all from deep though, and that always favours the defender. Until we can get balls in from out wide it's unlikely to work. A winger on loan is a must.

We have no chance against Scunthorpe? :lol: Righto go back to the rubber room now mate.

If we're going on todays games then, Sunderland will be in the top 4 and Villa will win the league?

Play like we did today and we will get beat. You do know Scunthorpe hammered Sheffield Utd today, right?

Well obviously if we play shit and they play a blinder there's a good chance we'll lose, that's just obvious.  My point is saying we have no chance against Scunthorpe is completely ludicrous.  Its beyond knee jerk into the realms of totally idiocy.

If we're going on todays games then, Sunderland will be in the top 4 and Villa will win the league?

No, but I'm actually basing on how both teams are playing CURRENTLY, not for the entire season. That's pretty obvious though, so I guess you're just being a tit?

It's because of Hughton that they play like that though.

They didnt play like that second half.