Scunthorpe vs Newcastle United - Pre-Match thread - 20/10/09, 7:45 KO

Ash

Geremi can at least put crosses in the box. He's clearly compensating for the fact that we're away and we got overrun in midfield in our last away game. Calm down ffs.

i'm not that arsed about geremi, its the idea that he isnt even trying to improve the defence which has shown that they clearly are not good enough.

With no Taylor and Coloccini its a bit difficult to be fair. None of the understudies would be able to handle this game. He's picked a midfield that can battle and get some decent delivery in the box. People talk about adding extra pace but the only two that add that in midfield are Lua-Lua and Vuckic.

with simpson being particuarly abysmal at centre back i'd at least give kadar a try, at least hes a decent hight.

Were we playing Ipswich at home I'd put him in there, but he's looked abit out of his depth in cup games

only seen one cup game so couldnt say that much about him in the cup, but i'd be tempted to play pretty much anyone over simpson at cb, hes jsut not the right type

All a result of Ashley's tight fistedness tbh. There were plenty of possible CB targets in the summer.

aye, all the problems generally trickle down from the top, and certainly true with newcastle.

Guest prestonj1989

Is Nicky Butt injured? I've been out of the loop lately, just noticed he's not even on the bench

flu according to shields gazetter

Apparently he was out on the town last night.

Listening live on BBC Radio Newcastle via the BBC iplayer (so not illeagal!). not sure if it's full live commentary but they are at the game so i'm hopeful.

Cuts out before Kick off.

Really?? Haven't listened to it before but it does say 'full live commentary' so would hope not. Makes it more annoying that my nufctv 'free online 2 month trial' voucher doesn't seem to work.

Listening live on BBC Radio Newcastle via the BBC iplayer (so not illeagal!). not sure if it's full live commentary but they are at the game so i'm hopeful.

Cuts out before Kick off.

Really?? Haven't listened to it before but it does say 'full live commentary' so would hope not. Makes it more annoying that my nufctv 'free online 2 month trial' voucher doesn't seem to work.

you  honestly expected from the club to actually be competent?  O0