Scunthorpe Utd 2 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 20/10/09 - Post match reaction from page 20

Dave

don't know if my first post got through but when Ashley arrived in the Boardroom he was asked to leave as he had no tie. The Scunny Chairman then gave him one. As I said earlier, he was very keen to tell their Directors how the fans didn't have the first clue about how preposterous both Keegan's and Shearer's demands were.....

It's always the fault of somebody else with him though.

Just got back mesel and have to say there are a majority of our players who are stealing a wage from the Club. They quite simply are not putting in the effort. No point at all singing anti Ashley songs when we go a goal behind when it is the players who should be getting slaughtered. I pissed off with a minute or two to go but I'll bet the team got applauded off the pitch and not booed off - someone please tell me I'm wrong.

Harper. EIGHT times in the first half conceeded possession by kicking it either too long, too wide or straight to his opposite number. Appalling distribution. A poor poor (AND f***ing FRUSTRATING) 'keeper.

Alan Smith, 5 bookings in 5 games and will miss Sheff U away. His 'tackle' was 70 yards from his own goal. Is he a f***ing idiot?

Geremi - just f***ing die you useless c***.

Carroll - not anmywhere f***ing near as good as he might think he is.

The squad are simply not fit enough. Hughton is simply not good enough. And the supporters are akin to a circus full of clapping seals in the totally misguided love for a team who quite literally don't care a f***.

you're wrong, thank f***

He's not you know. There were alot applauding eventually, I got a few hacky looks for simply looking away and refusing to applaud such shit

don't know if my first post got through but when Ashley arrived in the Boardroom he was asked to leave as he had no tie. The Scunny Chairman then gave him one. As I said earlier, he was very keen to tell their Directors how the fans didn't have the first clue about how preposterous both Keegan's and Shearer's demands were.....

He is free to speak whenever he wishes - its a perfectly free country. Unless his allegations are untrue of course - then maybe he maybe doesnt want to go public about any "demands".

Would Mike Ashley lie to try and muddy the name of Keegan and Shearer  :rolleyes:

Out of their depth? Ha ha priceless.

The job Hughton has done this season has been remarkable under the circumstances.

Two manager of the month awards and he's out of his depth! Maybe the curse of the award has been doubled as a result of those but he hasn't been offered the job for nothing.

I believe Hughton is the man to get us out of this league and more importantly, so do the players, who want this sorted and until it is, it won't help results..  Rather him than the unproven Shearer, who got us here in the first place

What is that based on?  The only thing I can think of is that it's based on league position alone and seems to not take into consideration that we've just dropped 10 our of 12 points and have played poorly most of the time.

Compare the resources that Hughton has to any other manager in the division and you'll see that he's been dealt a pretty good hand.  The Championship is a shit division and we should be doing better than we are. 

Hughton is shite, he doesn’t seem able to motivate the players and he hasn’t got a clue how to get the most out of what he’s got.  He can’t pick a balanced side and he can’t change things around when we’re clearly struggling.  He doesn’t know when to make a change and that is costing us so many points.  The only thing going for him is that he seems to work under any conditions, conditions which most self respecting managers wouldn't work under.  Apart from that, I'm struggling.

What should he have done differently tonight?

Guest toonlass

The job Hughton has done this season has been remarkable under the circumstances.

Two manager of the month awards and he's out of his depth! Maybe the curse of the award has been doubled as a result of those but he hasn't been offered the job for nothing.

I believe Hughton is the man to get us out of this league and more importantly, so do the players, who want this sorted and until it is, it won't help results..  Rather him than the unproven Shearer, who got us here in the first place

What is that based on?  The only thing I can think of is that it's based on league position alone and seems to not take into consideration that we've just dropped 10 our of 12 points and have played poorly most of the time.

Compare the resources that Hughton has to any other manager in the division and you'll see that he's been dealt a pretty good hand.  The Championship is a shit division and we should be doing better than we are. 

Hughton is shite, he doesn’t seem able to motivate the players and he hasn’t got a clue how to get the most out of what he’s got.  He can’t pick a balanced side and he can’t change things around when we’re clearly struggling.  He doesn’t know when to make a change and that is costing us so many points.  The only thing going for him is that he seems to work under any conditions, conditions which most self respecting managers wouldn't work under.  Apart from that, I'm struggling.

Brought Carroll off for Ranger with about 20-25 mins to go. Give Kadar a shot.

"I never said i was an expert at running a football club" aye, but you feel like you know more than Keegan or Shearer you little clueless cunt.

[

Just got back mesel and have to say there are a majority of our players who are stealing a wage from the Club. They quite simply are not putting in the effort. No point at all singing anti Ashley songs when we go a goal behind when it is the players who should be getting slaughtered. I pissed off with a minute or two to go but I'll bet the team got applauded off the pitch and not booed off - someone please tell me I'm wrong.

Harper. EIGHT times in the first half conceeded possession by kicking it either too long, too wide or straight to his opposite number. Appalling distribution. A poor poor (AND f***ing FRUSTRATING) 'keeper.

Alan Smith, 5 bookings in 5 games and will miss Sheff U away. His 'tackle' was 70 yards from his own goal. Is he a f***ing idiot?

Geremi - just f***ing die you useless c***.

Carroll - not anmywhere f***ing near as good as he might think he is.

The squad are simply not fit enough. Hughton is simply not good enough. And the supporters are akin to a circus full of clapping seals in the totally misguided love for a team who quite literally don't care a f***.

you're wrong, thank f***

He's not you know. There were alot applauding eventually, I got a few hacky looks for simply looking away and refusing to applaud such s***

How aren't you in jail mate, fucking hell

He shouldn't have started with Geremi who I was told was playing in the centre.  He should have also changed things sooner to try and put Scunthorpe under more pressure.  Bringing on two forwards with at least 30 minutes left rather than bringing on the second with less than 4 minutes of normal time to play might have made a bit of a difference.

It's not just about team selection (as in this respect his hands are to an extent tied) its motivating the players so they're busting a gut to win the ball back and flying into 50-50s.  Good managers can have rubbish players playing well (on paper Scunthorpe should never have beaten us, nor Notts Forest for that matter), it's all about organising your team and having the players know what they're doing.  Our team has no fluidity and the blame for this has to be directed at the manager.

Brought Carroll off for Ranger with about 20-25 mins to go. Give Kadar a shot.

So nothing major then.

He shouldn't have started with Geremi who I was told was playing in the centre.  He should have also changed things sooner to try and put Scunthorpe under more pressure.  Bringing on two forwards with at least 30 minutes left rather than bringing on the second with less than 4 minutes of normal time to play might have made a bit of a difference.

He changed things round, we got a goal back. You cant legislate for spastic defenders though. Kadar? I wouldnt have a clue if we'd have been better, someone like binnsy might be better to judge that.

It's not just about team selection (as in this respect his hands are to an extent tied) its motivating the players so they're busting a gut to win the ball back and flying into 50-50s.  Good managers can have rubbish players playing well (on paper Scunthorpe should never have beaten us, nor Notts Forest for that matter), it's all about organising your team and having the players know what they're doing.  Our team has no fluidity and the blame for this has to be directed at the manager.

this. i didn't agree with the team sheet but i think with Hughton it's more a case of what goes into match day preparation and training, he just doesnt seem to have the leadership and charisma needed to motivate a squad of players and get them running through walls, nor does he seem to have the tactical insight or communication skills needed to get them playing good, coherent football on a regular basis. we haven't played good, fluid football all season, even when we were top and winning. we just had players who could take initiative, such as Enrique, or provide end product, like Nolan.

I'd question why Vukic isn't getting a look in, given that he seems to have something that nobody else in the squad does.

I'd consider giving Lua Lua another go as well, wouldn't mind seeing two wingers on the pitch for once.

He changed things round, we got a goal back. You cant legislate for spastic defenders though. Kadar? I wouldnt have a clue if we'd have been better, someone like binnsy might be better to judge that.

I've seen the reserves a few times and Kadar didn't stand out.

Hughton seems to make changes by his watch rather than how the game is going, I think it's the second game in a row that he's waited until we've had 5 minutes left before bringing on the 2nd substitute. 

I'd question why Vukic isn't getting a look in, given that he seems to have something that nobody else in the squad does.

Very odd. Even Tozer made the bench ahead of him tonight. :facepalm:

I agree.  Hughton and the squad complain he can't rotate but he hasn't even tried.  We don't need to make wholesale changes like P'Boro but just give Vuckic and LuaLua 30 mins etc. when we can, especially when we've ran out of ideas and are looking for a goal.  Don't expect Hughton to rock the boat though.

Just got back,  what a load of shite that was, i can't believe i've spent so much money to go to those last 2 away games(with an night out in Nottingham thrown in) and seen 2 gutless inept performances.  Can honestly say only Enrique and Nolan earned there money tonight.

Defence was shocking while the midfield were terrible, Jonas his usua inneffective self, GUthrie poor and Geremi was just....well words can't describe how truly awful he was, one of the worst performances from one of the worst players i've had the displeasure to watch in a black & white shirt in the 30 years i've watched NUFC,  complete waste of a shirt and roundly booed off when subbed, his performance summed up when Jonas laid a perfect ball back to him unmarked at the edge of the box....hisshot went out the fucking ground!

Guest ItalianMagpie

Says a lot for this league that we're still flying high despite four s*** results.

Untill the next one. Take a look a the table, a lot of teams in very few points. Another defeat and we're going to lose many positions in a while.

I said after the 0-4 at Ipswich that the team were getting results so no more could be asked of them, but even then I knew there would be a drop-off in performances eventually.

The weaknesses in the side have been there for 2 years and now other teams in this league(which some on here thought was a cake-walk because of early results)have begun to suss out the cracks after watching us play for several games.

Jonas is not the answer on the flanks and I don't rate Lua-Lua either from what I've seen of him so there is not ONE decent winger at the club ; the forwards are too similar, as I said after Forest and lack pace(which is a comment that could be applied to many in the team).

The only player who is really worth decent money is Enrique and as has been said, I wouldn't be surprised to see him sold soon.

Once this team goes behind, it struggles because there isn't the raw pace in the side to catch the opposition out on breaks from defence ; all they have to do is score first and soak up unimaginative attacks, although Nolan did equalize in this match, highlighting once again that he, a midfield player, is the main goal threat.

The club is fortunate that WBA also lost - KK's team of 92/93 would, like last time, have been out of sight of other challengers by now, and half-decent results over the last 4 games would have seen this side in a good position. They are clearly not up to being back in the Prem yet and until the club is either sold or receives much-needed investment by its owner, nothing will change quickly.

Play-offs the most realistic target at present.