Is boycotting ultimately the only way to force Ashley out eventually?

Guest neesy111

Boycotting, fuck me. Going to the games is the only enjoyable part of supporting this club at the moment.

Catching up with people and having a few pints is the only enjoyable part for me.

I go to more aways for obvious reasons and always enjoy the part in the stadium, even if more for the atmosphere these days.

Boycotting, fuck me. Going to the games is the only enjoyable part of supporting this club at the moment.

Catching up with people and having a few pints is the only enjoyable part for me.

I go to more aways for obvious reasons and always enjoy the part in the stadium, even if more for the atmosphere these days.

Away days are a different ball game like. Haven't been to one this year due to finances which is a shame.

Boycotting, f*** me. Going to the games is the only enjoyable part of supporting this club at the moment.

Same here, this boycott rubbish is people just enjoying the idea that they think they can change things by typing it on a forum.

Whereas doing nothing helps everything ?

Typical nothing answer tbh. Surely doing nothing is boycotting? Supporting the team through this dark period is doing something

Supporting the team is totally different to trying to do something to force the man at the top out. Previous owners have been forced out with the help of the local press and a willing businessman those days seem to have gone though.

I support the lads on the pitch as much as the next man and will be one of the "mugs" who continues to buy my season ticket season after season cause I love watching my club play football, but if a protest for one match could help in any way to help the club move forward I'd be more than happy to join in.

Explain how a ONE match boycott would do anything? Wouldnt the smug grin on Ashleys face the next home game say it all? Watching tens of thousands of fans flooding back to him thinking they have made a difference while he pisses himself over it.

To be fair that's why he put the club up for sale the first time because of one protest outside the stadium. Nobody even approached to buy the club that time, this time at least he has people who want it. One large scale protest might be just enough to get him to wash his hands of it all and pass the club on to another owner agreeing to their terms of paying for the club over a number of years.

Away days are a different ball game like. Haven't been to one this year due to finances which is a shame.

Yeah, it is pricey but tbh when homes are probably costing the same as aways for me the choice is pretty easy to make at the moment, much as I love making it up to Newcastle. I play most Saturdays now so want to make the most of the 10-15 games I'll get to.

Guest Roger Kint

To be fair that's why he put the club up for sale the first time because of one protest outside the stadium. Nobody even approached to buy the club that time, this time at least he has people who want it. One large scale protest might be just enough to get him to wash his hands of it all and pass the club on to another owner agreeing to their terms of paying for the club over a number of years.

You dont think for one minute that Ashley is going to accept payments in installments based on a laughably unworkable boycott are you? What if he releases another crock of shite letter saying he is listening to the fans? Pretend like people did then that they made a difference and come back to the ground?

You dont think for one minute that Ashley is going to accept payments in installments based on a laughably unworkable boycott are you? What if he releases another crock of s**** letter saying he is listening to the fans? Pretend like people did then that they made a difference and come back to the ground?

What can I say but "supporting the team through the dark times" unfortunately doesn't run Ashley out of town any quicker it appears to keep him here longer as he knows he's going to get £25m a year from the fans.

And in answer to your question, yes I do think it would help encourage him to accept instalments. Lets face it Ashley is gutless. If he wasn't he would have done what FS did for so many years and ignored the protests and pressed on with what he thought was right. He would have replaced KK with a new manager who had a clue and would have continued on with his director of football route. Instead he didn't, he bottled it, said fine I'll sell, stuck Joe Kinnear in charge and basically washed his hands of the club until he could get shot of it for a fee nobody is willing to pay.

Guest Roger Kint

And in answer to your question, yes I do think it would help encourage him to accept instalments. Lets face it Ashley is gutless. If he wasn't he would have done what FS did for so many years and ignored the protests and pressed on with what he thought was right. He would have replaced KK with a new manager who had a clue and would have continued on with his director of football route. Instead he didn't, he bottled it, said fine I'll sell, stuck Joe Kinnear in charge and basically washed his hands of the club until he could get shot of it for a fee nobody is willing to pay.

Gutless? He is still going to matches for gods sake, he put us up for sale at a ludicrous £400m and appointed JFK and acted like it was a brilliant appointment. Not the sign of someone rushing out the place was it? He would still have a DoF if it wasnt for the desperate Shearer appointment when it finally dawned on the pillock we could go down. He simply let fans think they had won, the reality being short term action is utterly worthless against him. Now why would he decide a one off no show is suddenly a good idea, it goes against everyting else he has done.

Guest Roger Kint

What can I say but "supporting the team through the dark times" unfortunately doesn't run Ashley out of town any quicker it appears to keep him here longer as he knows he's going to get £25m a year from the fans.

Just noticed this. HE gets fuck all for gods sake :facepalm:

You dont think for one minute that Ashley is going to accept payments in installments based on a laughably unworkable boycott are you? What if he releases another crock of s**** letter saying he is listening to the fans? Pretend like people did then that they made a difference and come back to the ground?

Nothing done by the fans will run Ashley out of town. Why stop going to games if you don't want to?

Guest Roger Kint

Exactly mate. Its time people woke up to his tenure here. Its always been his way, his mistakes and screw what people think. The only way out is for someone to buy us for £100m. The fact nobody can offer that is actually worrying considering thepotential and infrastructure.

Nothing done by the fans will run Ashley out of town. Why stop going to games if you don't want to?

I've not said that.

Just noticed this. HE gets f*** all for gods sake :facepalm:

By him I mean the club, even the thought of the loss of that money and him having to make up the short fall would scare the crap out of him.

Gutless? He is still going to matches for gods sake, he put us up for sale at a ludicrous £400m and appointed JFK and acted like it was a brilliant appointment. Not the sign of someone rushing out the place was it? He would still have a DoF if it wasnt for the desperate Shearer appointment when it finally dawned on the pillock we could go down. He simply let fans think they had won, the reality being short term action is utterly worthless against him. Now why would he decide a one off no show is suddenly a good idea, it goes against everyting else he has done.

Come on it doesn't take much for him to go to a game, nothing is said to him. He put the club up for that much cause he thought it was worth that much like the thinks it's worth £100m now but isn't. He over valued Sports Direct in the same way. Think we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

Guest Roger Kint

By him I mean the club, even the thought of the loss of that money and him having to make up the short fall would scare the crap out of him.

The overdraft comes with the club therefore as long as its safe inside the limits(by about £20m at present apparently) then its no concern to him. Even if it was he would simply sell players to compensate, unless your getting even more comical and suggesting a total boycott of all season tickets next year? In fact the only person who would be genuinely affected is the next owner who takes on an inflated overdraft because of any action.

The overdraft comes with the club therefore as long as its safe inside the limits(by about £20m at present apparently) then its no concern to him. Even if it was he would simply sell players to compensate, unless your getting even more comical and suggesting a total boycott of all season tickets next year? In fact the only person who would be genuinely affected is the next owner who takes on an inflated overdraft because of any action.

As I understand it this overdraft has been made smaller not just for Mort but for the club as well. The sale of players wouldn't bring in enough cash any more and would only mess it up for him even more in that he needs the club in the premiership to bring in more cash. Whilst I believe Ashley doesn't give a toss about the club, he does give a toss about getting more money by having us in the Premiership.

Guest Roger Kint

Come on it doesn't take much for him to go to a game, nothing is said to him. He put the club up for that much cause he thought it was worth that much like the thinks it's worth £100m now but isn't. He over valued Sports Direct in the same way. Think we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

Not worth £100m? Tell me how much it costs for state of the art all seater stadiums and top of the range academy/training facilities thses days? Plus you get a team close to getting back up with a few good signings and its a moneyspinner. If all debts are wiped and only the overdraft remains its actually a great price. Birmingham for £80m? Wiould need £200m minimum for our infrastructure for gods sake. I am well aware they are in the Premier League btw, they would be knocking bets for relegation though had Yeung not bought them.

Guest Roger Kint

As I understand it this overdraft has been made smaller not just for Mort but for the club as well. The sale of players wouldn't bring in enough cash any more and would only mess it up for him even more in that he needs the club in the premiership to bring in more cash. Whilst I believe Ashley doesn't give a toss about the club, he does give a toss about getting more money by having us in the Premiership.

I honestly dont have a clue what you are saying in any of that. The only sentence that makes any sence is the one which is bastard obvious ie the last one :undecided:

Not worth £100m? Tell me how much it costs for state of the art all seater stadiums and top of the range academy/training facilities thses days? Plus you get a team close to getting back up with a few good signings and its a moneyspinner. If all debts are wiped and only the overdraft remains its actually a great price. Birmingham for £80m? Wiould need £200m minimum for our infrastructure for gods sake. I am well aware they are in the Premier League btw, they would be knocking bets for relegation though had Yeung not bought them.

It doesn't work like that though, we're a loss making company (from what people say) in the Championship not the premiership. We're worth what people will pay and people who have seen the books and have made more money than I ever could are saying it's not worth the punt. That suggests the debt isn't being paid off so that has to be paid and there are other problems at the club.

I honestly dont have a clue what you are saying in any of that. The only sentence that makes any sence is the one which is b****** obvious ie the last one :undecided:

Sorry typing quick :)

I was saying selling more players will prevent us going up. That doesn't help Ashley at all as it means the cost of the club has to come down again and we have a very weak team which needs lots of investment. That was the gist anyway :)

Guest Roger Kint

We were making losses well before the Championship. When the June 2009 accounts are published we shall see what debts are there, til then unless you know any different the club was apparently up for sale at £100m plus the overdraft.

Anyway this is way off from anything relevant. Fact is Ashley would laugh his socks off at a one off boycott, it certainly wouldnt panic him into losing more money, not with a potential improvement 7 months away!

10,000 Liverpool fans are preparing a protest match against something or other. :lol:

The only thing they can complain about is Rafa tbh. So unless they want him sacked, I'm not sure what they're trying to achieve here.

There complaining about the board not keeping promises since they bought the club.