Is boycotting ultimately the only way to force Ashley out eventually?

Guest neesy111

What would be the point of a protest well away from SJP? A protest should have no effect on the players anyway. Its just a shit excuse by them if they use it. Liverpool didnt seem to do badly after one on Sunday, did they?

Guest Roger Kint

What would be the point of a protest well away from SJP? A protest should have no effect on the players anyway. Its just a s*** excuse by them if they use it. Liverpool didnt seem to do badly after one on Sunday, did they?

I was drunk watching that but saw/heard nobody protesting. I read that 10000 fans were going to do something but must have missed it :undecided:

The latest crackpot scheme from Newcastle United's owner to sell off the naming rights for SJP has finally succeeded in uniting the club's supporters against the portly southern illegitimate.

Condemnation from former players, chairmen and fans across the planet has been swift and universal - with various groups announcing plans to protest formally.

If you would like to express your disgust directly by sending an email to the club, email NUFC

Meanwhile, the Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST) are hosting an Online Petition

The Back Page shop on St.Andrews Street are now also collecting signatures from disgruntled fans.

Updates on planned protests at the Peterborough United home game on Saturday week will appear here.

Regardless of what grubby little money-making scheme these clowns come up with, in the eyes of supporters it will always be St.James' Park.

And other than Sports Direct or other Ashley-related concerns, it's hard to see just what benefit any other business would gain from such an association - except drive customers to their competitors. 

PS: If the ground naming rights are sold off, does that then mean that supporters who bought those Heritage Stones laid on St.James' Walk are entitled to refunds?

Guest neesy111

The latest crackpot scheme from Newcastle United's owner to sell off the naming rights for SJP has finally succeeded in uniting the club's supporters against the portly southern illegitimate.

Condemnation from former players, chairmen and fans across the planet has been swift and universal - with various groups announcing plans to protest formally.

If you would like to express your disgust directly by sending an email to the club, email NUFC

Meanwhile, the Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST) are hosting an Online Petition

The Back Page shop on St.Andrews Street are now also collecting signatures from disgruntled fans.

Updates on planned protests at the Peterborough United home game on Saturday week will appear here.

Regardless of what grubby little money-making scheme these clowns come up with, in the eyes of supporters it will always be St.James' Park.

And other than Sports Direct or other Ashley-related concerns, it's hard to see just what benefit any other business would gain from such an association - except drive customers to their competitors. 

PS: If the ground naming rights are sold off, does that then mean that supporters who bought those Heritage Stones laid on St.James' Walk are entitled to refunds?

finally it's about time, seems like the fan's are wanting action and want to vent their anger

If Ashley was as desperate to sell as people say, he wouldn't wait until we're back in the Premier League.

Fact is, he's despisable c*** who wants to drain as much money as he can out of Newcastle United, while destroying everything the club stands for at the same time. Because he's bitter, because it didn't work how he wanted it to. He wants revenge.

I believe this also, but that's how a businessman works and he really won't give a shit about how much we all think he smells and looks like Peter Griffin.

I tell you guys what, my time working for Sports Direct can only be described as hell aswell, especially with what was all going on last season.

Here's an offer, if everybody here whips round a a fiver i'll club the fatty to death.

If Ashley was as desperate to sell as people say, he wouldn't wait until we're back in the Premier League.

Fact is, he's despisable c*** who wants to drain as much money as he can out of Newcastle United, while destroying everything the club stands for at the same time. Because he's bitter, because it didn't work how he wanted it to. He wants revenge.

That doesn't make sense though, he isn't making any money from NUFC, or 'draining anything out'... he's losing millions.

But that's the thing, if he really wanted out, it wouldn't matter how much money he got. You may disagree, but it's true. I've been deseperate to get rid of things in the past and I've sold them on for just pennies or whatever.

I didn't buy the revenge thing at first either, but it's looking more and more believable by the day. First he took away one of the things we held most dear to the club (i.e our Premiership status), he destroyed two of our greatest legends (Shearer and Keegan) and now he's going to rid us of a stadium name, which may be quite trivial but has been a part of this club for so many years. It just all points to a bitter, arrogant man.

We don't like him, we've made things as difficult as possible for him. He's a man that comes across as always getting what he wants and it's been far from the case at Newcastle and now he wants revenge for it.

Always getting what he wants is why he hasnt gone yet, theres a limit to how far hes willing to go to get out regardless of how hated he is.

He didnt purposely take away our prem status obviously, that was a side effect of him being a moron & the same with Shearer & Keegan. The name changing is the first real case anyone has of it really & i think again thats more a case of him no longer caring what we think about his actions rather than doing certain things specifically to annoy us. He's just solely looking out for himself at this point, he'll sell whatever he wants if it helps him out.

That doesn't make sense though, he isn't making any money from NUFC, or 'draining anything out'... he's losing millions.

And protests and boycotts do little more than make us even more unattractive to serious bidders (if that's possible) thereby prolonging Ashley's ownership.

i.e. the protesters end up achieving the opposite of what they want. You couldn't make it up.

Guest iliketoonarmy

What would be the point of a protest well away from SJP? A protest should have no effect on the players anyway. Its just a s*** excuse by them if they use it. Liverpool didnt seem to do badly after one on Sunday, did they?

That's what I keep thinking these days. I am surprised there's NO organised and proper protest yet after the guy cost us relegation since May. I mean a protest which could bring the attention of the club and forced to do something for the sake of the fans.

So how big is Newcastle United? You can't keep saying about this.

Local fans got to show it, and Liverpool fans have done it successfully, from what we have all seen from the start to the end.

I am not talking about who's to blame for the relegation or what effects would a protest brings to the game, what I am trying to say is the emotion and action taken by the different fans from different clubs.

And protests and boycotts do little more than make us even more unattractive to serious bidders (if that's possible) thereby prolonging Ashley's ownership.

i.e. the protesters end up achieving the opposite of what they want. You couldn't make it up.

Absolute tosh. Any reasonable bidder will not be put off by fully justified protests against Ashley. If a prospective bidder cannot understand fans frustration after the things Ashley has done they clearly know nowt about football

Where does this idea come from ??

Guest omenator

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object2/1304/79/n168592393604_7924.jpg

Protest against Mike Ashley and his plans to further ruin the club by changing the name of St. James’ Park. It is time to make our voices heard and to stand up against this man who is killing our club.

Protests will take place at the Peterborough game on the 7th of November – our next home game. Before the match protests will take place under the Milburn stand. Then 90 minutes of BACKING THE TEAM. Once the match is over resume in protest; stay behind in the ground and continue to make your voice heard.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object2/1304/79/n168592393604_7924.jpg

Protest against Mike Ashley and his plans to further ruin the club by changing the name of St. James Park. It is time to make our voices heard and to stand up against this man who is killing our club.

Protests will take place at the Peterborough game on the 7th of November our next home game. Before the match protests will take place under the Milburn stand. Then 90 minutes of BACKING THE TEAM. Once the match is over resume in protest; stay behind in the ground and continue to make your voice heard.

Any chance of Ashley resuming the free beer offer (but after the match instead of before it) if we're not going straight to the pub.

Guest Stephen927

Boycotting would be a bad idea right now, seeing as Ashley is going to put as little as he can into the club regardless of what he said the other night.

That's what I keep thinking these days. I am surprised there's NO organised and proper protest yet after the guy cost us relegation since May. I mean a protest which could bring the attention of the club and forced to do something for the sake of the fans.

Local fans got to show it, and Liverpool fans have done it successfully, from what we have all seen from the start to the end.

I am not talking about who's to blame for the relegation or what effects would a protest brings to the game, what I am trying to say is the emotion and action taken by the different fans from different clubs.

Theres a massively big difference between the mentality of our players and those of liverpool. They're not comparable situations. Everything from the managers ability to motivate, to the players current level of self belief & confidence, to the likelyhood of our players underperforming and getting crap for it in comparison to theirs, levels of determination, the captains ability to influence the others into performing better, the amount of experience the players have, the number of players who are individually able to turn around games. You can keep going.

Even if they were even slightly effected they have more than enough about to them to be able to completely disregard it one way or another, we dont.

Not to say that if we protest the entire side will fall apart in an instant, theres more to it than that obviously. Results are always going to do more for confidence than most other things. I just dont see it as being helpful if we start underperforming & it could easily start a snowball effect of negativity if the mentality of complaining spreads to quickly. Negativity is never beneficial in any form & it gets around quickly.

Theres a massively big difference between the mentality of our players and those of liverpool. They're not comparable situations. Everything from the managers ability to motivate, to the players current level of self belief & confidence, to the likelyhood of our players underperforming and getting crap for it in comparison to theirs, levels of determination, the captains ability to influence the others into performing better, the amount of experience the players have, the number of players who are individually able to turn around games. You can keep going.

Even if they were even slightly effected they have more than enough about to them to be able to completely disregard it one way or another, we dont.

Not to say that if we protest the entire side will fall apart in an instant, theres more to it than that obviously. Results are always going to do more for confidence than most other things. I just dont see it as being helpful if we start underperforming & it could easily start a snowball effect of negativity if the mentality of complaining spreads to quickly. Negativity is never beneficial in any form & it gets around quickly.

I think if a protest happened after the game, that would be ok, and it needs to be spread that it is after the game.

It seems like you just did.

Don't get why so many people think a boycott wouldn't work. Done properly, he'd have to sell up.

We're getting attendances over 40,000 every week, this is massive for a Championship club. You take away 20,000 or 30,000 of those fans and it'll hurt the club and it'll hurt the man who has to finance it. You do this week in, week out, and the pressure builds. He's got to put his own money in to fund it, and knows that if the club accumulates too much debt the asking price will have to come down. This of course hits him where it hurts. Debt put onto the club is money that'll come off his asking price, it affects him directly. He'll have the dilemma, sell up now or keep financing a club with tiny gate receipts. Potential buyers like Moat would use this opportunity and come in with an offer that'll tempt him to end this mess.

He's complacent because he's getting massive crowds.

I don't believe it would ever happen unless we go on a pretty bad run which saw us drop to midtable, and if that happened he'd be thinking of selling up anyway. While we're top of the league, everything will stay as is because noone wants to rock the boat. A quick look at the league table and our performances shows that could all change very quickly.