Southgate Peddled.

Crumpy Gunt

I remember at Southampton he was asked 'Are you the right man for the job.' and he said 'No'. :lol:

Reporter: Welcome to Southampton Football Club. Do you think you are the right man to turn things around?

Strachan: No. I was asked if I thought I was the right man for the job and I said, "No, I think you should have got George Graham because I'm useless."

:lol:

How good is Adam Johnson by the way?  I'd only seen glimpses of him to be honest, but I saw the highlights yesterday and he looks a fantastic player.  Very intelligent and lots of pace.

not seen much of him but his amount of goals when hes a winger is mighty impressive

Mind you, nothing beats:

Reporter: There's no negative vibes or negative feelings here?

Strachan: Apart from yourself, we're all quite positive round here. I'm going to whack you over the head with a big stick, down negative man, down.

:lol:

Given the choice of Strachan or Hughton to manage us, I'd choose Strachan every single time. He's not some kind of miracle worker but he can send a team out with a game plan and has an idea of how to achieve it. Hughton seems a canny bloke but is painfully out of his depth. 

Given the choice of Strachan or Hughton to manage us, I'd choose Strachan every single time. He's not some kind of miracle worker but he can send a team out with a game plan and has an idea of how to achieve it. Hughton seems a canny bloke but is painfully out of his depth. 

The biggest thing is, Strachan is a manager while Hughton is a coach. Hughton's job is to train and work with the players, not make decisions or motivate them or keep them on the ground. Like you say, he's so out of his depth.

Guest toonlass

:thup:

So Hughton doesn't have a game plan?  How is telling the players to 'do well' at Scunthorpe not a game plan?  GOD, NO-ONE LIKES HUGHTON, HE CANT DO A THING RIGHT BLESS HIM!  :no:

Guest toonlass

So Hughton doesn't have a game plan?  How is telling the players to 'do well' at Scunthorpe not a game plan?  GOD, NO-ONE LIKES HUGHTON, HE CANT DO A THING RIGHT BLESS HIM!  :no:

Its not that no-one likes him. It's that he is a coach, not a manager.

How good is Adam Johnson by the way?  I'd only seen glimpses of him to be honest, but I saw the highlights yesterday and he looks a fantastic player.  Very intelligent and lots of pace.

He's class.

He's class.

He's not signing a new contract either, so he can leave for free at the end of the season. Be a few prem teams sniffing around him in January i'd imagine.

A lot better than Downing IMO, which is probably why Boro were happy to let him go to Villa. Unlike Downing he has real pace and loves to attack players. His delivery may be a bit more erratic than Downing's but, as has been proven this season, he carries a goal threat whcih is vital if they are going to go up. Be difficult for Boro to hang on to him even if they go up and I fear for their promotion hopes if he gets injured.

Winning the league just got a whole lot harder

How? I don't think Strachan is that much of a step up from Southgate if I'm honest.

Idiot.

I'm not so sure either,  Strachan did ok at coventry I suppose but I could have won the Scottish title with Celtic at that time as rangers were shocking and O Neill had built a strong squad.  It was only when the players O Neill had brought in began to retire/leave that celtic because rubbish again.

How? I don't think Strachan is that much of a step up from Southgate if I'm honest.

Idiot.

I'm not so sure either,  Strachan did ok at coventry I suppose but I could have won the Scottish title with Celtic at that time as rangers were shocking and O Neill had built a strong squad.  It was only when the players O Neill had brought in began to retire/leave that celtic because rubbish again.

What about at Southampton? He done class for them.

Idiot.

How so? A frigging chimp could have won the league with Celtic, Rangers were shite and O'Neill had a very good squad up there, so much so that all Strachan had to do was add a couple and just leave things as they were otherwise. Strachan's tactics have been questioned in the past too.